Nature & Wildlife Areas
What travellers are saying
- Such a great experience, taught us so much, kids loved it and the staff where simply lovely. Shows the capacity of elephants while also saving these unwanted elephants from a worse fate.Written 16 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Don't miss this up-close encounter with elephants. They are so intelligent. We visited twice. The head keeper said Tambo showed that he recognized us by our scent on the second visit. They know the names of their keepers and can execute 90+ commands! They are rescued elephants living in a huge sanctuary and cared for by skilled keepers.Written 18 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wow is kind of an understatement. This place is unbelievable. Definitely a bucket list check. A big thanks to Conrad for the tour. We learned a lot.The close-up encounter with the crocs were definitely my favorite. Got a new love for crocs. Can't wait to go again.Written 9 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There is a wide variety of animals and the animals are well looked after. It was a wonderful experience!
The children enjoyed it thoroughly and learned alot about the different kind of species.Written 5 July 2023
- This was one of three cultural villages we visited. Each was very different, and interesting in its own way. We were able to speak (through an interpreter) with the chief and the Sangoma. As we were the only ones there, we could ask quite a few questions, and were able to clear up some misconceptions we had heard. The Sangoma showed us her medicines, and most of them actually have crossover into Western medicine. She also clearly indicated that people who are ill beyond her expertise are sent to the hospital. We learned a lot.Written 27 December 2019
- Like all Kruger Park gates Phabeni Gate can be very busy early in the mornings of peak dates (weekends and public/school holidays. Our experience is that the staff are always cheerful and helpful--we carry Wild Cards which simplify the entry processes by not involving cash transactions. On many occasions we have encountered our first animals within a few kilometres of the gate but do remember that you are visiting their home so the animals be visible when they, and you, are in the same place--they are not there at your commend.Written 4 October 2021
- Mike was the Safari Guide.. wonderful, very experienced and extremely knowledgable.. he took time for people to take photos, explained the whys of everything. We saw Hippos in the water, many giraffe, alot of kudo and antelope, Elephants, many different animals. Early morning Safari is probably better than Sunset, but the sunset there is amazing. Recommended to take this Safari..Written 30 August 2022
- Had an amazing experience with William at Kruger National Park. He is extremely knowledgeable about the Park and it's fauna and flora. In Just 4 days we saw the Big 5 and over 30 species of animals and over 130 species of birds. Some of the sightings were really once in a lifetime encounters. We came away elated. I would highly recommend experiencing Kruger with William.Written 7 September 2022
- Awesome experience for the beginner.. Guides are knowledgeable and patient. Horses are amazing once u get over that initial fear of the unknown.. Fun for kids and adults.Written 26 December 2019
- This small shop offers amazing quality leather goods. There's a small selection of bags, purses, wallets, belts and similar, made from cow, buffalo, crocodile. I spoke to the owner, learned about the way he sources his materials and makes his bags (they'll do custom! and ship! anywhere! :-) I bought a leather handbag I absolutely adore -- similar items could be found in gift shops in high end hotels for double and triple the price. Well worth the stop.Written 30 November 2019
- What a wonderful experience, start to finish! We booked two half-day safaris for a family reunion. Throughout, Gerrie was extremely professional yet light-hearted, with clear and prompt communications, terrific organization, warmth, humor, and an excellent way with children and adults of all ages. He taught us a lot about the animals (including many birds, which were of special interest to one of us) and the park, and he went out of his way to ensure we had a great trip. His colleague, Cameron, was also a complete delight. We all loved both of them and our time in this magical place! Thanks for taking such good care of us.Written 31 July 2023
- Massage, pedicure and manicure was great. I expected average to good but was given a first class treatment by friendly professional staff. I was recommended the spa and had doubts. But was I glad that I went.Written 8 August 2023
- We used PK Safaris for a transfer from Skukusa to Nelspruit airport but we actually got a game drive included for free! It was such an interesting transfer with Bernhard giving lots of information about the animals, park history etc. We even saw a cheetah just as we were leaving the national park! Thank you!Written 8 December 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Hazyview
- The best day trips from Hazyview according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Kruger National Park Full-Day Safari from Hazyview
- Kruger National Park - Private full day Safari trip.
- Panorama Interpretation Guided Tour in South Africa
- Kruger National Park Full Day Tour Minimum 2people
- Full Day Panorama Hike and Scenic Tour minimum 2 people
Hazyview Attractions Information