Nature & Wildlife Areas
Top Attractions in Hoedspruit
What travellers are saying
- Absolutely worth a visit. Vultures, eagles, lions, leopards, cheetahs, wild dogs, hyaenas - all saved from accidents. Great guides, learned a lot and had fun.Written 24 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is the perfect way to start or finish a safari holiday - getting *really* close to the local animals (including all the cats), learning about them and the issues this charity is working to resolve.
You won't get closer to ex-wild animals anywhere else.Written 16 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing experience.. A must to visit. The interaction with Jessica and Seun (to feed them sweet patatoes and rooibos tea) was wow. The highlight was the kiss on Jessica's nose.Written 31 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely place, very dedicated staff, small warm pool with our cottage. We especially enjoyed the bush braai on Saturday Evening. Very romantic!Written 15 January 2022
- I had the extended photo tour at this amazing place. The centre is superbly organised and maintained with a focus on conservation and education. Worried residents phone the centre when they find snakes in/around their property and the reptile centre staff catch them and take them back to the centre. A lot of snakes would be killed if they weren't rescued,they are checked to ensure they're healthy and eventually released back into the wild at a safe site.
Chris,the owner/manager and his team were absolutely amazing and so knowledgeable about every aspect of reptiles and their behaviour. They worked tirelessly to ensure I had optimum opportunities to photograph various snakes in natural surroundings.
I cannot recommend this place too highly, the knowledge of all the staff is only matched by their passion for these much maligned but totally fascinating animals.Written 31 July 2022
- Some wonderful local artists on display here, quality works that would not get the opportunity without this artist's co-op.Written 10 May 2017
- I am in love with this gallery and the people in it. Johnathan Patterson's artwork is unique, beautiful and representative of every animal I saw while in this incredible country. Just a side note, I purchased three prints and prayed I could get them home in one piece. On the 45th hour of my journey, I accidentally put a water bottle in the same compartment with the prints and damaged one of them. I e-mailed Johnathan to see if I could purchase a replacement, and not only did he send me a new one, he didn't charge me for it, indicating that he would be happy to replace if for free if I could pay the shipping costs. This was very unexpected and much appreciated. He also does commission work from photos you may have taken while on safari. Thank you Johnathan!Written 11 March 2018
- We were very lucky, we got to see the Big Five in one day! We saw some great action a Leopard was chased by a buffalo herd.Written 16 September 2021
- Very good service and the instructors are welcoming. Highly recommend their services, I had a good time.Safety is their highest priority and the flight was actually very pleasant. I enjoyed the conversations I hgad with the instructor on the flight, very informative.Written 14 December 2021
- Very pleased with our choice with BuyaBuya. We hit the jackpot with Percy on our Private Transfer from Hoedspruit Airport and then a few days later on the Panorama Route to Johannesburg. Percy was friendly, prompt, courteous & informative and most importantly ensured my family’s safe travel to Johannesburg. Thank you BuyaBuya!Written 4 June 2022
- One of the top travel experiences of our life! Gert and Isabel were the absolute best. Gert made sure we saw as much as possible and took us out on extra drives when he heard about sightings. One of those was when we'd gotten back from Blyde Canyon. Gert heard of a lion sighting and loaded us in the Land Cruiser. We ended up begin surrounded by a pride of 11 lions. Gert is the best. He's knowledgeable, personable and works tirelessly to make sure our experience was the best. Highly recommended!!Written 28 January 2020
- I have been lucky to travel with many people in my life but none of them comes close to Charlie and Serena
This dynamic powerhouse couple has enriched my personal experiences on safari’s and they add so much value to the experience you would never imagined.
Personal touches made for myself and my wife when checking into lodges. They planned our stays so well. From booking our road transfers to helping with camera settings making sure I got great pictures.
Charlie has great knowledge of the animals and their tracks,these skills has helped us find many animals to photograph and he is always available to help.
Serena is such a nice lady, she is always energetic and fun and she makes absolutely sure that everyone feels special.All our time spent together went smoothly and well planned and I know that it was because of her.
I would definitely recommend travelling with EverseenAfrica and I will keep on coming back to the same company because they have a great ethos and they have helped us collect many special memories.Written 9 August 2022
- We arrived at your agency through a friend who recommended you.
A relationship was established over thousands of miles away, without ever having spoken in person or over the phone.
In these interactions, you have always had a professional attitude, but above all, a very human attitude. In such complicated times you never left us unanswered, never left us without a show of understanding.
Unfortunately, this year, we will not make our dream trip (for us that what it is) but we have the security and confidence that we will make it for sure, and with your help.
We could not have found better people to help us on our dream trip.
A GIANT THANK YOU.Written 19 June 2020
- We visited Camp Jabulani at the Kapama Game Reserve. We had a great interaction with Jabulani and other 2 elephants. Jabulani was my favorite, beautiful gentle elephant that lifts one of the front legs and pose for the pictures!
Our host Owen was great, kind, knowledgeable and taught us a lot about Jabulani and the camp for orphan elephants. It was great to interact with the elephants, unforgettable experience!Written 29 February 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Hoedspruit
- The best day trips from Hoedspruit according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Cruise on Blyde Dam & Moholoholo Rehab Centre Day Tour from Hazyview
- Full-Day Panoramic Tour of Drakensberg Mountain
- Full day Mariepskop picnic
- Blyde Boat and Reptile Tour
- Kruger National Park in a Open Safari Vehicle - Full day