Top Attractions in Centurion
What travellers are saying
- Enjoyed the feeling of the mall, beautiful statues of two men, life size, looking like they are playing chess. Children enjoyed playing in the fountain, and there is an upside down cow statue (parts of it) that is very interesting. The mosaiek art is beautiful and as an artist I loved to see how it was done. Enjoyed walking in the open, and not just a closed mall, very colourful. Usual shops but also exclusive ones.Written 23 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I was amazed to find a place like Irene Farm in the middle of the city. It is a working farm (as it's name implies) but it also provides so much more from restaurants and a deli, to beautiful gardens and farm animals. The gardens are beautiful with a big fountain, large lawns and kids play areas spread around. The deli has various different products with a big variety of fresh and healthy items also available. On the farm there are two restaurants to choose from, namely The Deck and The Barn. The Barn, which we ended up visiting, predominantly has (covered) outside seating. It is also big so the tables were nicely spaced out, conforming to Covid-19 regulations. One of the reasons we visited was as we heard they do Gin, Beer and Milkshake tastings. Unfortunately we visited them on a Saturday and was informed by the waiter that they only do tastings in the week, and bookings are required. This is definitely something the management should look into. The main reason we went to The Barn was to taste their famous milkshakes and I can say it was definitely worth it and I can recommend you try the Nguni (Vanilla ice cream & Kit-Kat). Their menu is quite large so you are guaranteed to find something you like. Our table decided to order and share a couple of their wood-fired pizzas which was very tasty. If you want to grab something to eat or drink, spend some quality outdoor time with the kids or just walk around a bit taking in the fresh air, then give Irene Farm a try - you won't be disappointed.Written 10 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Thanks Admission for your patience, friendliness and effort. Our kids had a fantastic experience. Great outdoor experience.Written 28 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- If you are interested in buying coins or just looking at coins... then this is a real treat for a quick pop in.
There is tours available for groups but they must be organised in advance.
There is a small museum next to the coin shop and some fascinating coinage... If you are in the area and passing by it is well worth a pop in. Entrance is free.Written 26 June 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- If you are new to Centurion, I would recommend going with a friend who knows the map of the mall parking. Otherwise a great mall. I felt safe and the security staff is very friendly and helpful.Written 7 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I’d not been to the market for a number of years and on arrival i was concerned that i’d got the wrong Saturday!
Now you get secure parking within the grounds - still for R10.
The atmosphere has changed completely - the older meandering route through the trees has been replaced by a more circular route.
Its now a much quieter venue and there is now much more interaction with the stall holders. This gives a much more relaxed atmosphere and makes it quite interesting
- even if you decide not to buy anything😳.
The pancakes remain a big favourite - so don’t miss out!Written 3 April 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is what peace on earths looks like. In the middle of the peaceful village of Irene. This is where kids grow up and play where parents and grandparents can tell stories to their kids about playing on this almost 120 year old field.Written 9 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- What a fun find, the kids had a blast, the show is interactive and fun filled we will definitely be back again.Written 4 April 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Many shops to choose from and all in a circular layout - so really easy to find something!
Reasonable food court. Even has a train for the kids or those adults who have tired themselves out shopping!
Free parking for Tuesday to Thursday.Written 15 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The Mall is very conveniently situated for people living in Amberfield, Centurion, and for other shoppers close by.
Parking is monitored by Car Guards and has underground facilities as well. No entrance fee. Car jamming has been experienced there, though. Car theft, and spontaneous robberies, in the Mall, as well, are a problem. No security in the areas outside the Mall.
Shoppers are continuously accosted by "beggars" sitting at the entrance/s to the Mall. No security in sight. Security is not very visible within the Mall.
A nice "play area" for children in the area next to the restaurants, upstairs.
The restaurants are limited, but good. Many "fast food/delicatessens/Cell phone facilities", etc, too. The only problem is that, none of them have "emergency power", neither the shops, so with "load shedding", everything "shuts down".
Some shops are limited in their merchandise, but sufficient for "day to day" shopping/eating.
We visit, often, nevertheless, as it is convenient.
.Written 11 December 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Having visited the facility before I organised with management and had a small function for our class afterwards at this venue. The management and staff was very accommodating and helpful. We were around 12 and had a traditional BBQ and side dishes. The venue is stunning next to the Hennops river and lush bushveld. At night the venue turns into wonder world with strings of fairy lights lighting up the area. This venue is great for year end functions and weddings. Photos can be taken on site and the facility could be modified to make provision for a wedding ceremony.Written 23 May 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I absolutely detest leaving my car at an airport - so using Ulysses made a lot of sense. The gentlemen doing the driving have been delightful each time - keeping up a light conversation to keep me entertained during the drive. This was especially appreciated during the evening drive, when I was totally tired out and needed help to stay awake. They will be my choice for transfers and tours when I need such services!Written 26 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My experience with Jaco and Just Airport Rides has been an absolute pleasure and completely stress-free. The service I received from Jaco was not only professional from A-Z, but he is a genuinely kind, courteous and calm person and that made engaging with him such a delight. I would recommend Jaco and Just Airport Rides with no hesitation and I will be sure to contact him again in the near future.Written 29 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Yet another beautiful South African Ground and an amazing match to watch! Drawbacks were severe lack of toilets! Considering the length of any cricket game and the amount of water and beer cosumed this must always be a big problem! There were queues for all the toilets all the time! Some portaloos had been put in but not enough. These were clean, odour free and well looked after by their attendants. Full marks to them. We visited 5 different grounds during England's recent tour and this was the only one where we were sworn at by local people for no obvious reason. Very disturbing.Everywhere we were made welcome.Written 15 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Centurion
- The best outdoor activities in Centurion according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Centurion on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Centurion according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Pilanesberg Game Reserve 6 Hour Sunrise Safari from Johannesburg or Pretoria
- Full-Day Cradle of Humankind Guided Tour from Johannesburg or Pretoria
- Elephant Sanctuary Tour from Johannesburg or Pretoria
- Pilanesberg National Park Day Tour from Pretoria, every SATURDAY
- Lesedi Cultural Village Tour from Pretoria, every WEDNESDAY