- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
6 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Spent a full morning and half an afternoon doing two of the trails back to back. The Krokodilberg trail is the one labeled as ‘difficult’ so do that first - especially as early a start in the morning as is feasible. Even though this was labeled as ‘difficult’ it was anything but. On a scale of 1-10, where 10 is the hardest, this probably ranked a 4 to a max of 5. That’s coming from someone who hikes regularly while traveling but rarely exercises while not on vacation. If you are overweight and struggle to go up a couple flights of stairs then don’t bother with this trail as you’ll end up taking one of the exit routes along the way. Didn’t see any animals but did see a lot of birds, flowers and insects. Total time for the first trail was 4hr20min (with multiple rests, photo opportunities, etc…).
The Zebra trail is decidedly easier. It is probably a 2 on the same aforementioned scale of difficulty, or lack there of. We spent a solid two hours and ten minutes to do this trail but that was because we stumbled upon a herd of zebra and the lone wildebeest that joined them to munch on grass. Watching them behave entirely naturally with no safari jeeps surrounding them, ogling tourists, etc… was something we couldn’t pass up on (solid 20+ minutes).
Total time for the two trails with a break in between is ~7.5 hours tops.Written 2 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We did the animal encounter with the Lion walks. I really enjoyed it. The Crew is soo friendly, from stepping in and the last step I felt so welcomed. The Lion walks stood out, its scary at the beginning but enjoyable as it goes. Love it Love Horse Back definitely going back for more.Written 24 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I spent a fantastic day at Pilanesberg with Heart Beats of Africa and was utterly captivated by the knowledge and passion safari guide Hendre, had for the animals we came across when on safari. After my Pilanesberg trip I was very keen to do another safari with Hendre and called him to expressed my desire to do a weekend safari at Kruger National Park, he planned and created a tailor-made safari that met all my requests.
We camped at Kruger and boy does Hendre know how to camp! He supplied every piece of equipment necessary to make the experience as luxury as possible, and as an Englishman that hadn’t experienced a South Africa braai before, I was blown away by the standard of cooking that was delivered over a campfire. I requested to try some traditional South Africa meals, and that’s exactly what I received, I enjoyed meals such as ostrich steak and chicken potjie.
During our three-day trip to Kruger we were lucky enough to see the big 5, I had expressed my desire to Hendre to see the big cats at Kruger, and experienced multiple extremely close lion sightings. With any safari, there is an element of luck involved in terms of the animal’s sightings, however Hendre’s extensive knowledge of the park and regular communications with other safari guides within the park, enabled us to track down the animals I most wanted to see.
When I’m next in south Africa I know exactly who I will be contacting for a safari and I’m already looking forward to it! For holiday makers, volunteers or wildlife photographers interested in a South Africa safari, contact Heart Beats of Africa, you won’t regret it!Written 13 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing few days to Pilanesburg with the team. Excellent friendly service and the best prices.
Johan is an expert guide. He knows each Leopard and Elephant by name. Highly recommended.
Will be back with my kids in a few years when they can truly appreciate this incredible place.Written 24 December 2019
- Mathapelo was the best host. She went the extra mile to make sure we at ease and finish the course..Written 3 July 2022
- First night stay of a family holiday to South Africa and booked four safari tents. What a fantastic choice. Sure, the tents are basic but they are roomy, spotlessly clean and come with full en-suites and double or single beds. All family members had a great nights sleep and awoke to a variety of wildlife virtually outside every tent - wildebeest, giraffe, zebra. What a great start to any day!!
Meals (dinner and breakfast) were excellent. All freshly cooked and served by couteous, friendly and efficient staff.
Can thouroughly recommend Glen Afric. Mine and my wifes second visit here but the rest of our family's first.
Superb value for money and everyone wished we had booked for longer.
Thank you Glen Afric. We will be backWritten 28 January 2020