- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
4 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- From our experience & reviews of other travelers, without a doubt PRASA needs to suspend operation of the Blue Train from Pretoria to CT & vice-versa until these challenges are resolved.
Prior to our departure the Manager informed us the Pretoria Station is being revamped and we will be taken by coach to a nearby railway yard to board the train. He also highlighted the problems & delays we could experience due to cable theft, damage to infrastructure & load shedding.
Hospitality by the staff at the Blue Train Lounge in Pretoria & on board the train itself was excellent. The selection of meals catered for all tastes and there was an excellent range of wines available.
Due to our delayed departure we reached Kimberley later than scheduled so had limited time to spend at the Big Hole. It was disappointing to see so much litter strewn along the side of the tracks for most of the trip.
We had a long stop at Salbar, waited for a diesel engine to move the train. Finally back on track we enjoyed some beautiful scenery on the way to Worcester.
Another crisis at Worcester...unable to make journey to Cape Town...could be 4 to 5 hour delay. So coaches came to the rescue & transported us to Cape Town. Under the circumstances the Manager and staff did well in co-ordinating this though it now appears that this situation is the norm. From other reviews and our experience it seems that the Blue Train rarely reaches the Cape Town Station. Without these delays we would have an a perfect trip.Written 14 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We travelled on wonderful Rovos Rail for 15 days from Cape Town to Dar es Salaam. There were some delays (stolen rails, stolen overhead wires) resulting in some schedule changes, non of which were the fault of Rovos, but it really didn't matter as everyone was having such a fabulous time. It's Afria so you just accept that things happen. We spent 2 nights in Madikwe Safari Park which was wonderful , and 1 night in the Victoria Falls Hotel, which was not so wonderful, all as part of the journey. The tours from the train were very enjoyable and Kundalila we travelled on some rather rickety buses down sand roads to see a waterfall. Amazingly when we arrived there was a clearing all set up with red velvet chairs, white table cloths, glass and china and the chef and kitchen staff were barbequeing our lunch and a beautiful buffet was set up for our enjoyment. of course, Adam was there with wines in hand too. Amazing! The crew on this most luxurious train are very special people and couldn't have been more helpful and efficient. Our Suite Stewardess, Busi, was amazing, as were all the crew, and really made our adventure something to remember. The food is top quality and the wines just out of this world. Adam was exceptionally knowledgeable about all wines and couldnot have been more helpful. The service is impeccable, nothing is too much trouble for this fine group of people working for Rovos. Our Royal Suite was very comfortable and sitting in the bath watching the African countryside pass by through the window was unlike any other experience. The train Manager introduced all the crew, including engineers and backroom staff, to the guests on the last night and it gave us a chance to thank them all for a delightful and unforgettable trip. The following day we had to go to by charter plane arranged by Rovos from Lusaka to Dar es Salaam as Chisimba bridge was impassable and as we left the train the whole crew stood on the platform, dancing and singing and waving goodbye. The perfect ending to a perfect trip. Can't wait to arrange another journey on the very very special train.Written 26 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The team at Famba Famba Tour Design Specialists are excellent - very friendly, knowledgeable and professional.Written 14 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- First night stay of a family holiday to South Africa and booked four safari tents. What a fantastic choice. Sure, the tents are basic but they are roomy, spotlessly clean and come with full en-suites and double or single beds. All family members had a great nights sleep and awoke to a variety of wildlife virtually outside every tent - wildebeest, giraffe, zebra. What a great start to any day!!
Meals (dinner and breakfast) were excellent. All freshly cooked and served by couteous, friendly and efficient staff.
Can thouroughly recommend Glen Afric. Mine and my wifes second visit here but the rest of our family's first.
Superb value for money and everyone wished we had booked for longer.
Thank you Glen Afric. We will be backWritten 28 January 2020