- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
20 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- The shuttle was on time every time, with an appropriate vehicle to transport all the people. Fast and effective service and good communication. Would definitely use them again and would recommend their serviceWritten 11 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We used xpert shuttle to pick us up from Johannesburg airport to our game lodge fiftyseven waterberg and we had a fantastic experience. Friendly driver Nico and lots of customer care when booking. Would highly recommend them.Written 19 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had another fantastic trip with Makwela Transfrontier Safaris - this time to Kruger Park. As always, Duard put together an amazing itinerary, tailor made for us. All arrangements ran smoothly - all we had to do was turn up! As a fully qualified field guide, Duard loves to share his knowledge and passion for the African bush, which makes the experience so enjoyable and immersive. We had a fabulous time and can’t wait for our next trip with Makwela Transfrontier Safaris in April - this time to Namibia again!
I would highly recommend Duard and Makwela Transfrontier Safaris.Written 9 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Reynier took me on a full day your of Pilanesberg National Park. He picked me up at my hotel and held a great conversation and jokes for the 2hr drive to the park. Reynier loves his job, showing guest a good time, and telling you about the animals. He gives you the feeling that he's in it to have a good time and make friends vs just in it for $$.
Once in the park, his 18 years of experience really paid off. We saw 3 of the big 5 (elephant, lioness and cubs, and rhino) which I've heard is great for a 1 day trip. I told him I really wanted to see a Rhino and he searched until we did. He really worked hard in the park going on back roads etc.
Although we were in a car, the personal experience was much better than the open air jeeps that you picture. People were packed into the jeeps and they rushed through the park. A car give you flexibility to see and do what you want.
Go with the guide it's not that expensive and worth the money. I also suggest buying the book at the gate so you can mark off what you saw.Written 3 October 2017
- I can highly recommend Coachroad! I booked a shuttle for 7 ladies for a day out. The communication during the booking process was super quick and detailed. The driver arrived on time and was very professional. The vehicle was spotless! I have used similar services before but will in future only look to Coachroad. And all of this for the best quote I received. Thank you very much Coachroad!Written 10 March 2021
- My family and I traveled across the world from Indiana, USA for the Mrs. World pageant. Although I was competing in the competition and couldn't participate in all of their activities, my family was with Vaya Africa Travels every day of our stay.
Not only did they help organize each adventure but they gave interesting facts and insightful information for us out-of-towners.
I was able to join on the African Elephant Tour and the Monkey Reserve on the last day of our trip and could see why my family was smitten with Vaya Africa Travels. I felt safe the entire time and knew that we were in good hands.
And to go above and beyond the call of duty, they even transported us from our hotel to the airport with all of our luggage to get back home to the United States.
We can't wait for our next trip to South Africa because we already know who to call!Written 31 October 2019
- First time in Johannesburg and Pretoria! Looking for someone to pick you up at the airport? Looking for visiting the three cities of Pretoria, Johannesburg and Soweto?
To discover a thousand years cavern? Do not hesitate, contact the Kwathlano shuttle and chauffeur services. Their guides are excellent, knowledgeable. First classWritten 29 December 2017
- Hi – I used the company recently and I had a negative experience. I was a first time visitor to South Africa and had booked a private transfer (not shuttle) from Johannesburg airport to Suncity resort and a return trip back to Johannesburg. I have organized my review into three sections – Booking, Onward Journey and Return journey
1. Booking: Overall the experience was average (3 stars) for the following reasons
a. I sent a booking request on a Friday and I got an automated response that they would get back to me after the weekend. Most other bookings I made in South Africa, I got bookings sorted in a couple of hours
b. I was asked to prepay by emailing a copy of my credit card (front and back). There were no secure payment gateways. I was very concerned, however I proceeded at my own risk
c. 4% additional charges on top of the quote was levied (I was informed about this however). For someone booking from outside the country there is no other way to pre-pay (Company wants any bank transfers to be done at least a month earlier)
Onward Journey (From Johannesburg airport to Suncity Resort): Overall experience was average (3 stars)
Positive aspects were: Driver was there at arrivals on time with a clear name board. The driver Andre was very professional and friendly
Negative aspects were: I had booked a private transfer and was indicated that this would be through a car like Toyota corolla or equivalent but I ended up getting a minibus. It is like if you booked an uber and a rattling minibus shows up, I am not sure anyone would give it a very high rating
Return Journey (From Suncity Resort to Sandton in Johannesburg): My biggest issue was with the return journey which unfortunately did not happen at all. I had asked for Ingelosi private transfer at 1.30 pm from my resort hotel and unfortunately I was unable to make it on time. I had left the suncity resort that morning for a tour, but was held up by a traffic accident on the highway on my return to the resort. I could only get back by 2.15 pm (that is 45 minutes later than when the private transfer was booked with Ingelosi). I spoke with their customer service and the owner while I was frantically trying to get to the resort hotel, but both refused to help. They said that the driver can wait only 15 minutes extra and therefore they will treat my situation as a NO SHOW. So all the 2300+ Rand paid for this part of transfer was lost (No refund). I would have gladly accepted an additional fee as extra waiting charges, but the company chose to leave me stranded with my children at the resort.
I understand that all this could have been avoided if I was on time, but sometimes extra-ordinary situations arise. Under such situations, I would have expected the company to be helpful. However the owner told me, I quote ‘Yes it is a private transfer, but you do not have the car for the whole day, while I was only asking for additional 30 minutes of waiting and would have been glad to pay for the waiting.. Therefore my rating for the return journey is a 1 star
My overall rating therefore for Ingelosi would be 2 stars..Written 24 February 2017
- Really? Shuttle Direct Advertise From R345 Pretoria to Jhb for two people and then quote R1845. Ha ha Ridiculous!!Written 11 June 2019