- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
25 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- From our experience & reviews of other travelers, without a doubt PRASA needs to suspend operation of the Blue Train from Pretoria to CT & vice-versa until these challenges are resolved.
Prior to our departure the Manager informed us the Pretoria Station is being revamped and we will be taken by coach to a nearby railway yard to board the train. He also highlighted the problems & delays we could experience due to cable theft, damage to infrastructure & load shedding.
Hospitality by the staff at the Blue Train Lounge in Pretoria & on board the train itself was excellent. The selection of meals catered for all tastes and there was an excellent range of wines available.
Due to our delayed departure we reached Kimberley later than scheduled so had limited time to spend at the Big Hole. It was disappointing to see so much litter strewn along the side of the tracks for most of the trip.
We had a long stop at Salbar, waited for a diesel engine to move the train. Finally back on track we enjoyed some beautiful scenery on the way to Worcester.
Another crisis at Worcester...unable to make journey to Cape Town...could be 4 to 5 hour delay. So coaches came to the rescue & transported us to Cape Town. Under the circumstances the Manager and staff did well in co-ordinating this though it now appears that this situation is the norm. From other reviews and our experience it seems that the Blue Train rarely reaches the Cape Town Station. Without these delays we would have an a perfect trip.Written 14 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We travelled on wonderful Rovos Rail for 15 days from Cape Town to Dar es Salaam. There were some delays (stolen rails, stolen overhead wires) resulting in some schedule changes, non of which were the fault of Rovos, but it really didn't matter as everyone was having such a fabulous time. It's Afria so you just accept that things happen. We spent 2 nights in Madikwe Safari Park which was wonderful , and 1 night in the Victoria Falls Hotel, which was not so wonderful, all as part of the journey. The tours from the train were very enjoyable and Kundalila we travelled on some rather rickety buses down sand roads to see a waterfall. Amazingly when we arrived there was a clearing all set up with red velvet chairs, white table cloths, glass and china and the chef and kitchen staff were barbequeing our lunch and a beautiful buffet was set up for our enjoyment. of course, Adam was there with wines in hand too. Amazing! The crew on this most luxurious train are very special people and couldn't have been more helpful and efficient. Our Suite Stewardess, Busi, was amazing, as were all the crew, and really made our adventure something to remember. The food is top quality and the wines just out of this world. Adam was exceptionally knowledgeable about all wines and couldnot have been more helpful. The service is impeccable, nothing is too much trouble for this fine group of people working for Rovos. Our Royal Suite was very comfortable and sitting in the bath watching the African countryside pass by through the window was unlike any other experience. The train Manager introduced all the crew, including engineers and backroom staff, to the guests on the last night and it gave us a chance to thank them all for a delightful and unforgettable trip. The following day we had to go to by charter plane arranged by Rovos from Lusaka to Dar es Salaam as Chisimba bridge was impassable and as we left the train the whole crew stood on the platform, dancing and singing and waving goodbye. The perfect ending to a perfect trip. Can't wait to arrange another journey on the very very special train.Written 26 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The shuttle was on time every time, with an appropriate vehicle to transport all the people. Fast and effective service and good communication. Would definitely use them again and would recommend their serviceWritten 11 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We used xpert shuttle to pick us up from Johannesburg airport to our game lodge fiftyseven waterberg and we had a fantastic experience. Friendly driver Nico and lots of customer care when booking. Would highly recommend them.Written 19 November 2019
- we found out on Sunday 23rd February 2020 that the train to Cullinan dosent run anymore because of a sinking hole at the cullinan station so making it dangerous but apparently there are other trips. we went on it a long time ago we enjoyed it even though we only left pretoria an hour late because of train blocking the line as all the trains used the same line.Written 25 February 2020
- We had another fantastic trip with Makwela Transfrontier Safaris - this time to Kruger Park. As always, Duard put together an amazing itinerary, tailor made for us. All arrangements ran smoothly - all we had to do was turn up! As a fully qualified field guide, Duard loves to share his knowledge and passion for the African bush, which makes the experience so enjoyable and immersive. We had a fabulous time and can’t wait for our next trip with Makwela Transfrontier Safaris in April - this time to Namibia again!
I would highly recommend Duard and Makwela Transfrontier Safaris.Written 9 January 2022
- Reynier took me on a full day your of Pilanesberg National Park. He picked me up at my hotel and held a great conversation and jokes for the 2hr drive to the park. Reynier loves his job, showing guest a good time, and telling you about the animals. He gives you the feeling that he's in it to have a good time and make friends vs just in it for $$.
Once in the park, his 18 years of experience really paid off. We saw 3 of the big 5 (elephant, lioness and cubs, and rhino) which I've heard is great for a 1 day trip. I told him I really wanted to see a Rhino and he searched until we did. He really worked hard in the park going on back roads etc.
Although we were in a car, the personal experience was much better than the open air jeeps that you picture. People were packed into the jeeps and they rushed through the park. A car give you flexibility to see and do what you want.
Go with the guide it's not that expensive and worth the money. I also suggest buying the book at the gate so you can mark off what you saw.Written 3 October 2017
- I have not personally used this shuttle but am planning my trip to Moz and they are my company of choice. Following their activities on Social Media has ignited a element of excitement that I cannot curb. We normally travel in convoy as a family but this seems to be the more practical, care free way. I am going to explore it.Written 4 September 2019
- Baobab Tours were very efficient in providing a competitive quotation for their 14 passager bus.
The vehicle was in good condition and clean!
Thabo, the driver, made sure we were on time and arrived safely at every event throughout the day.
This is a service provider i will definitely suggest to my family and friends!Written 5 November 2018
- I can highly recommend Coachroad! I booked a shuttle for 7 ladies for a day out. The communication during the booking process was super quick and detailed. The driver arrived on time and was very professional. The vehicle was spotless! I have used similar services before but will in future only look to Coachroad. And all of this for the best quote I received. Thank you very much Coachroad!Written 10 March 2021
- My family and I traveled across the world from Indiana, USA for the Mrs. World pageant. Although I was competing in the competition and couldn't participate in all of their activities, my family was with Vaya Africa Travels every day of our stay.
Not only did they help organize each adventure but they gave interesting facts and insightful information for us out-of-towners.
I was able to join on the African Elephant Tour and the Monkey Reserve on the last day of our trip and could see why my family was smitten with Vaya Africa Travels. I felt safe the entire time and knew that we were in good hands.
And to go above and beyond the call of duty, they even transported us from our hotel to the airport with all of our luggage to get back home to the United States.
We can't wait for our next trip to South Africa because we already know who to call!Written 31 October 2019
- First time in Johannesburg and Pretoria! Looking for someone to pick you up at the airport? Looking for visiting the three cities of Pretoria, Johannesburg and Soweto?
To discover a thousand years cavern? Do not hesitate, contact the Kwathlano shuttle and chauffeur services. Their guides are excellent, knowledgeable. First classWritten 29 December 2017
- Hi – I used the company recently and I had a negative experience. I was a first time visitor to South Africa and had booked a private transfer (not shuttle) from Johannesburg airport to Suncity resort and a return trip back to Johannesburg. I have organized my review into three sections – Booking, Onward Journey and Return journey
1. Booking: Overall the experience was average (3 stars) for the following reasons
a. I sent a booking request on a Friday and I got an automated response that they would get back to me after the weekend. Most other bookings I made in South Africa, I got bookings sorted in a couple of hours
b. I was asked to prepay by emailing a copy of my credit card (front and back). There were no secure payment gateways. I was very concerned, however I proceeded at my own risk
c. 4% additional charges on top of the quote was levied (I was informed about this however). For someone booking from outside the country there is no other way to pre-pay (Company wants any bank transfers to be done at least a month earlier)
Onward Journey (From Johannesburg airport to Suncity Resort): Overall experience was average (3 stars)
Positive aspects were: Driver was there at arrivals on time with a clear name board. The driver Andre was very professional and friendly
Negative aspects were: I had booked a private transfer and was indicated that this would be through a car like Toyota corolla or equivalent but I ended up getting a minibus. It is like if you booked an uber and a rattling minibus shows up, I am not sure anyone would give it a very high rating
Return Journey (From Suncity Resort to Sandton in Johannesburg): My biggest issue was with the return journey which unfortunately did not happen at all. I had asked for Ingelosi private transfer at 1.30 pm from my resort hotel and unfortunately I was unable to make it on time. I had left the suncity resort that morning for a tour, but was held up by a traffic accident on the highway on my return to the resort. I could only get back by 2.15 pm (that is 45 minutes later than when the private transfer was booked with Ingelosi). I spoke with their customer service and the owner while I was frantically trying to get to the resort hotel, but both refused to help. They said that the driver can wait only 15 minutes extra and therefore they will treat my situation as a NO SHOW. So all the 2300+ Rand paid for this part of transfer was lost (No refund). I would have gladly accepted an additional fee as extra waiting charges, but the company chose to leave me stranded with my children at the resort.
I understand that all this could have been avoided if I was on time, but sometimes extra-ordinary situations arise. Under such situations, I would have expected the company to be helpful. However the owner told me, I quote ‘Yes it is a private transfer, but you do not have the car for the whole day, while I was only asking for additional 30 minutes of waiting and would have been glad to pay for the waiting.. Therefore my rating for the return journey is a 1 star
My overall rating therefore for Ingelosi would be 2 stars..Written 24 February 2017
- Really? Shuttle Direct Advertise From R345 Pretoria to Jhb for two people and then quote R1845. Ha ha Ridiculous!!Written 11 June 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Pretoria
- These are the best places for groups seeking transportation in Pretoria:See more transportation for groups in Pretoria on Tripadvisor