- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
11 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- I love this square and enjoy shopping and relaxing here. However, sometimes the toilets are not regularly cleansed. They are smelly and looks like they are not taken care of. Specifically the ones next to clicks behind Kauai.Written 15 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Easy to access, variety shops and good restaurants.Most stores under one roof from food to clothing.Written 9 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Menlyn offers a wide range of shopping stores, from H n M to Zara, cotton on and many more. The mall is a little hard to navigate around but it’s very convenient especially if you just want to buy everything from one place.Written 2 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Brooklyn Mall is a well planned and designed space. I walked around finding all the shops I was looking for with ease. This made my experience pleasant and enjoyable. The shop attendants were friendly and helpful. Time flew by and a good day was had with a great choice to have a light meal. Well worth a visit.Written 30 December 2019
- Awesome..... After a day in the sun and swimming and braai we decided to end the day on a high note. Adrenaline packed, loud music, face full of wind, laughter and with numerous corners in a go-kart with your backside almost touching ground....this is really great stuff....Written 28 December 2016
- Woodlands is an upmarket shopping mall with something for everybody. The usual chain stores and a few good Resteraunts.
Plenty of safe parking and well located if you are in the east of pretoria.Written 3 March 2020
- Shops and restaurants all lovely, and a focus on art and sustainability. Karoo Cafe French toast a favouriteWritten 21 December 2019
- I went there to check some items for someone. As you arrives at the main entrance, you are met by a number of people sitting on the side walls leading to the main door, some idling, some waiting for others, some just enjoying the fashionable Sunnyside ladies and funny regular characters.
At the door you are met by full time security guards, and next to them, there is a photo gifts printing stall, and some products on promotion from other companies. You have three main restaurants that extend to the outside area of the mall, namely, Nando's, Spur Steak Ranch, and Rhapsody's. You also find other food outlets inside the mall, such as Chicken Licken, Wimpy and others, You also find some some big retail brands, such as Shoprite, Clicks, Ackermans, Edgars, Woolworth's, Vodacom, Mr Price. You also find some small business stalls, including DSTV stall. For entertainment, there is also a cinema insider the mall. For banking convenience, there are some major banks, such as, FNB, Standard bank, Nedbank, as well as some financial services such as Old Mutual.
There is also Holiday Inn hotel, accessible from both inside of the mall and the main entrance at the outside of the mall, .The mall is in close proximity to the Post Office, Mac Donald's, Department of Tourism, The DTI (Department of Trade and Industry), SAPS Protection Services offices.
The mall is clean and was revamped some few years ago. It is recommended that if you are not familiar with the area, you should move around with some locals or in groups, especially in the evening, However there are metered taxis all day and night, just outside the mall so that can be the safest way of visiting the mall.Written 19 June 2018
- This center confuses me every time I go there, sometimes it's great but I do find the center to spread out and the car guards tend to be a bit intimidating... But if you looking for something specific at one of the stores it's a nice quick in and out and bonus is no parking fees, I do find that all the shops tend to play their music way to loud, guys we shopping not clubbing, keep the music as background.Written 4 September 2019
- The Castle Gate Shopping Centre is a great option if you want to do some shopping or grab something to eat or drink, while also keeping the kids entertained. There are numerous different shops and restaurants built around an open air square with a large kids play area in the center - maybe not the best option for a day out if it's raining, but with the current Covid situation it's nice being able to go out without being in a completely enclosed mall. We went for lunch at Doppio Zero (which I reviewed separately) that had a clear view of the play area like most of the other restaurants. What I really liked was the variety of restaurant options ranging from budget friendly to more upmarket. There are a number of malls in the area however if you haven't given Castle Gate a try it is definitely worth it.Written 17 November 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Pretoria
- These are the best places for kid-friendly shopping malls in Pretoria:See more shopping malls for children in Pretoria on Tripadvisor