Paint & Pottery Studios • Walking Tours
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
17 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- We were in Jhb for 4 days only & were assisted by Henri of the Joburg Squirrel.
What absolutely fabulous and professional service.
Top notch. Always on time, always courteous.
I highly recommend this tour company.Written 24 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went to RSA with Kamaroutes in August 2019, we are more than delighted with the performance of this young local tour operator. Our desires were very well understood and the proposed trip was according to what we wanted. Before, during and after the trip our contact Vanessa was available and listening to us to have a wonderful stay. We strongly recommend Kamaroutes !!Written 22 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A wonderful way to spend time in the African bush. Morning, afternoon, or evening yoga in an open air setting. The trip was well planned and scheduled. I'm so glad that I was able to have this experience and look forward to traveling with them again!Written 30 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Taking a tour in African and visiting different African restaurants and eatrays is awesome. African has so many divers local foods that taste great in their kinds, Egusi soup, Ogbono soup, Owho soup, Isi-Ewu pepper soup, Afia efere, and many more.Written 18 October 2019
- Art of Synergy was born in Johannesburg in 2014, with the vision of creating a platform to promote contemporary circus arts across Africa. The company, which has performed for audiences globally, functions as a creative training space, as well as a trendy venue which can be hired for corporate and private functionsWritten 20 March 2019
- Despite having an amazing evening due to being surrounded by the best company, Tastebuds did not meet my expectations for a cooking class, let along a cooking school.
My cousins and I opted for an Italian themed family cooking dinner party, to which we were met by arrogant and incompetent staff.
I was rudely dismissed, when asking why one wouldn’t bring out the flavor in garlic in a pomodoro sauce by first sautéing it, instead of adding it to raw crushed tomatoes saying that this ‘wasn’t Indian food but Italian.’ (I didn’t realize my ethnicity wiped out my ability to cook anything else)
The hostess further claimed that gas ovens can only function wide open - instead of apologizing for the seal in hers being broken. (I also have a gas oven and have used others before, they only need to be open to ignite the flame)
The assistant was incompetent and unwilling to assist - after assembling the food processor correctly she came to interfere, saying we had done it wrong, meanwhile she didn’t know how to use the device and just felt the need to interfere. After asking if I could please freeze the hot baked cheesecake, so that it would be cooled down in time to eat, she claimed cheesecakes were meant to be eaten hot and she would not give me access to the freezer.
The recipes were also inaccurate, cooking times did not match for the desserts and ingredients did not match the recipe (Cadbury dairy milk is not dark chocolate)
Overall the experience was overpriced and run by incompetent people (not trained in any culinary methods). And not to mention some pretty average food.Written 9 November 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Johannesburg
- These experiences are best for classes & workshops in Johannesburg:
- One Day Home Barista Course Johannesburg
- Cocktail Masterclass Johannesburg
- 5 day International Bartenders Course Johannesburg
- Johannesburg Cooking Tour
- A Private Traditional Cape Malay Cooking Class, with a MKR Finalist