Historic Sites • Shopping Malls
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
16 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- This is the site where the Freedom Charter was signed so whilst the square is a bit rundown it is an important historical place with great significance for the townships.Written 14 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This mall is trying to cater for the entire South African demographic. They have succeeded in this however, it turns out to be the same as just about any other mall making for a rather mediocre experience. Not sure if I would travel all the way there again because sadly it's bland and nothing outstanding. If they really want the likes of me to return it needs a one of a kind restaurant or shop.Written 5 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely mall in a safe location with nighttime security outdoors. Dining choices at night are outstanding. Daytime shopping experience can be wonderful with several high-end stores. The shops we went in were filled with attentive and knowledgeable sales staff, and security in the mall itself was present. We parked on the street with no problem both daytime and nighttime.Written 21 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We found ourselves wondering out of our comfort zone and ended up at 44 Stanley. Not sure of the neighbourhood, my daughter and I were a bit sceptical when we first arrived. But we were pleasantly reassured about safety by the secure parking and felt safe at all times inside the establishment.
44 on Stanley is very much an upmarket market, with various local designer stores and lovely, but extremely busy restaurants. It is advised if you know before hand where you want to eat book a table in advance before you browse. The setting of most of the restaurants is outdoor, so I am not sure what it would be on a rainy day.
It is not a very large market area and the shops are speciality local designer stores.
We had fun just browsing and it was most definitely worth the wait for a table.Written 14 January 2022
- Enough of everything -- shops, restaurants, cinemas, banks. This is a convenient and manageable center. It is well structured and easy to navigate. I found the security good, and it certainly is a place that satisfies all choices.Written 6 March 2020
- The area has a lovely play area for children. Multiple places to eat. Interesting shops with South African stuff. The area around 27 boxes is also very interesting and seems it would fun and exciting in the evening and night. Much better than a mall.Written 3 July 2019
- As we live in Malawi and mainly visit malls for essential shopping, we enjoy visiting Mall of the South. It has ample parking, all necessary shops and lovely restaurants.Written 2 December 2019
- Get the feel of a factory, they have a restaurant downstairs and a courtyard outside as well as the beautiful space at the top with views of Johannesburg. Good food, nice coffee.Written 12 February 2019
- Sizable Mall which is multi leveled. It host a number of shops, ranging from regular commercial shops, boutiques, sports apparel shops, furniture shops. Kids entertainment is gallor, with movie house and variety of entertainment. I just love their lay out of newly renovated restaurants area. Their down side is their car parking machines, which are forever having problems.Written 21 April 2019
- There are quite a number of restaurants and great restaurants at that. The boutiques are lovely to explore and walking around admiring the stores makes for a great romantic predate idea.Written 17 May 2021
- By far the best shopping centre in Johannesburg - centrally located. Shops easy to find and great restaurants.Written 8 October 2018
- This upmarket shopping center is in Victory Park (Randburg) about 9 km north of Joburg CBD, Most people arrive and go by car. There is a large carpark and security is tight with many guards and high fences. It is possible to walk to this part of town from the Botanical gardens through a green zone by following the Hollard trail.
There are many special stores in this mall, though Woolworths Food and Pick&Pay seem to attract most customers. Not to forget a café with excellent cakes and coffee. It feels a bit like you entered a first world island. Almost as if suddenly you are at home.Written 10 February 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Johannesburg
- These are the best places for kid-friendly shopping malls in Johannesburg:See more shopping malls for children in Johannesburg on Tripadvisor