- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
12 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Porcupine Ceramics was a must stop for me when visiting the The Crags. The studio offers a vast array of ceramic pieces including animals, plates and other dinerware items, and even decorative sinks. I purchase several pieces, including a penguin, to take back home. The ceramics were packed in a molded foam box to protect from breakage on my flight back to the United States. When I arrived home my penguin was intact and delighted to see me. The prices are reasonable. A very nice memento to remember my trip to South Africa.Written 25 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A lovely local market with all sorts of exciting things to taste and try, sit and enjoy a full breakfast from around the world or just browse and buy to eat later. There are also lots of crafty, arty, creative people with lovely things to offer at great prices. This is a great Saturday morning activity and has a friendly welcoming atmosphere. Well worth a visit if you are in the area, lots of parking and easy to find. Make sure you try the macarons!!Written 21 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As I was driving through Plett, I noticed a lot of cars at Old Nick, and saw that it was their Wednesday market!
Luckily parking wasn't a problem, and I loved wandering about the stalls. It looked like it was all locally made and baked stuff. A cup of tea at Nice Neighbour was also just what was needed after wandering around!Written 30 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An excellent stop on the N2. Lovely outside seating and a play area for little kids and the coffee was great.Written 3 January 2021
- This is the highlight of our annual holiday on the Garden Route and my home is starting to look a branch of The Potter.
So many gorgeous goodies to choose from and all at very reasonable prices. One of the best things is that you don't feel under any pressure to buy and aren't hassled by the owner/potter Rudi or his staff. They are more than happy to let you "potter" around and explore. Be sure to leave plenty of time as there is so much to see.Written 18 February 2022
- This place was highly recommended to me. A souvenir shop with many beautiful treasures. A stunning fairly new outdoor restaurant - best eating happens in nature! This restaurant is all about healthy conscious eating and is the first of its kind that I have stumbled upon my travels on the garden route. The wood This place was highly recommended to me. There is a souvenir shop with many treasures and a restaurant which is all about healthy conscious eating. Their wood fire pizzas ar They make food according to your likes and personality... So special! The veg and herbs are straight from their garden which is so fresh and amazing! The gorgeous garden and relaxed family orientated atmosphere is a must to check out.Written 12 January 2019
- Must visit shop in Plettenberg bay if you love beautiful things. The beach wear is great and there are some nice homeware finds.Written 20 January 2022
- I found this bookstore had a wide range of books on offer, as well as unusual stationery, (sourced from the EU rather than China). I also managed to get my drawing pecils, 5B, without any hassle... what a pleasure! Although the cafe area was closed up, I have a feeling its a seasonal thing, but they were up to date with a display of the latest publications of the Royal wedding... so not such a sleepy town after all!Written 9 June 2018
- Fabulous unique, high quality masks in an 'off-the-beaten-path' location. Such a treat to meet Carla and hear her story. We bought three masks she had on display for a charity masquerade ball. In the future, I would work with her to design something to suit a particular outfit or event. Would recommend Carla highly - a skilled, creative professional and will definitely be back! Thanks for taking the time to show us around Carla!Written 25 November 2019
- I loved browsing around this shop as there are just so many objects d'art that catch your eye. There is a distinct marine theme to the items, understandable, given the location of the shop but to be fair, there is a large amount of neutral pieces too.
Apart from home decor items, there is also clothing and jewellery, sourced, I am told, from al over the world.Written 12 June 2018
- This shop stocks a lovely selection of quite unique creations... the only problem is that it is so difficult to make a choice. This is definitely a store to linger in and consider your options!Written 9 June 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Plettenberg Bay
- These are the best places for budget-friendly shopping in Plettenberg Bay:See more budget-friendly shopping in Plettenberg Bay on Tripadvisor