Nature & Wildlife Areas
Nature & Wildlife Areas
Admission tickets from R 350
What travellers are saying
- A fabulous walk. We chose to do the withstands walk which is the middle option,!and it was still,pretty demanding. The walk back on the edge of the rocks was not for the squeamish and involved scrabbling over rocks, it was well worth it for the views though!Written 23 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited Tenikwa as a couple, and we had unforgettable moments that we will never forget in our lives. We were able to witness beautiful big cats up close. The service was incredible, Keri was our guide, she was super available and shared information and details about the park and the animals with good humor and energy. The work they do to recover and care for animals is impressive and deserves to be valued. They take care of animals with huge professionalism and love! This experience is so worth it! Congratulations to Tenikwa team!Written 20 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Birds of Eden with its free flight bird sanctuary in a large forested area is enchanting. There were so many species of birds and birds of various colors - I loved the red birds. Many areas can be accessed on elevated walkways.
Monkey land is next door and also worth a visit.Written 18 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a great place to visit where the tours are guided. Much useful information is learned from the expert guide, and there are many species of monkeys/apes to be easily seen in a natural environment. We bought a combined Bird/monkey ticket, which proved very worthwhile.Written 4 October 2023
- Beautiful snake habitat displays arranged in a way for visitors to spot the snakes easily. Our guide, Connor, is very friendly and knowledgable. Was absolutely worth the visit.Written 28 October 2023
- We had such a wonderful morning with Lloyd and the rest of the team at the sanctuary. We were so warmly welcomed (even though I’d accidentally booked the wrong day), Ludwe walked us out to the elephants and gave us a lot of information about the sanctuary and their different elephants.
Lloyd gave us a great introduction of the anatomy of an elephant, as well as why the elephants are in the sanctuary and how they care for them.
We got to meet the elephants and walk with them, we then got to stop and take pictures, ask any questions and learn more about each elephant. The guides are so attentive and gentle with the elephants. We also got the opportunity to feed them and ask our final questions. We were then able to watch back the footage they had taken of us meeting & walking with the elephants. It was a truly special experience with wonderfully trained and kind staff.Written 12 September 2023
- We loved our visit to Jukani. Only thing I would say is it should be a guided tour for all who visit.Written 18 October 2022
- Plett has a wonderful beach and we spent a very long morning walking along it, enjoying the people watching and seeing the fish in the shallows and the birds in the scrub grass. The views from the lookout on the town side of the beach are great tooWritten 31 October 2023
- What a great find, had such a wonderful time! Maze was more challenging than I thought, and the puzzles were really fun and interesting, very cleverly built. Had a blast.Written 19 November 2023
- For once in my life I wished that I could buy all the ceramics on display. What talent, and how masterfully made, well worth the stop and shop!Written 26 September 2023
- We did a quick stop in the evening on our way back to Knysna. The beach was great. Views are amazing. Beach is clean. There was ample parking available. There are restrooms available. There is some bench seating too. The best thing which the kids loved was the massive amount of sea shells they could pick. We didn’t go in the water and were not planning to. The waves did look rough but I guess that’s what this beach is known for. Wouldn’t come specially out of the way to visit this beach but if you looking for a quick stop and some time to kill then it’s a good option.Written 7 November 2023
- Delicious pizza and sparkling wine. The setting is relaxed and their is a special ambiance. Will definitely come back.Written 10 May 2023
- This is a bit of a hidden gem. We visited on a Tuesday afternoon and were the only guests- which added positively to the experience. You can walk on your own and It’s a very relaxing experience. It’s amazing to see the wolves although a bit unsettling when they were tracking our 5 year old. I think they thought easy prey... It was loads of fun visiting and feeding the farm animals. We would definitely recommend a stop here.Written 25 August 2021
- Although expensive, this is an excellent day out in Plett for the kids. Lots space, great rides and we made the best of every minute that we had until it closed. friendly staff, although the lifeguards are not that great..... Lady at whirlpool slide on her phone and disappeared most of the day. Nonetheless, great day outWritten 23 April 2022
- Coastal Trail very much open and absolutely gorgeous. Sometimes hard to follow on the beach so keep looking for the signs (footmark image)Written 22 July 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Plettenberg Bay
- The best day trips from Plettenberg Bay according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Private Garden Route Full-Day Safari from Port Elizabeth
- Fun and Adventure : Surges of adrenalin along the famous Garden Route - FD10
- The Garden Route from Port Elizabeth to The Crags - FD07
Plettenberg Bay Attractions Information