Safaris • Nature & Wildlife Tours
What travellers are saying
- From beginning until the end this day was unforgettable with incredible impressions.
The full day safari has been on a very high quality level, real 5 stars!Written 6 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stayed for 3 nights at the end of our travels along the garden route. We received a warm friendly welcome- we parked our car in a secure car park and were transported to the lodge via a jeep. We were shown around the beautiful property and public areas before going to our chalet . The chalet was fantastic with a beautiful private plunge pool which overlooked the watering hole (where we saw elephants giraffes rhino lions and many more animals ). The food was lovely and beautifully served.
The safari drives are very bumpy due to uneven tracks , but this didn’t bother us & we soon got used to them
An early start for the morning safari drive was well worth it - our Ranger- Matthew was a brilliant, friendly guy and very knowledgeable. We built a lovely rapport with him and as well as being good company during our drives , our morning & evening drink stops were interesting & fun. He worked hard to find the animals , and managed to find all of the Big 5, as well as many other beautiful animals .
The highlight was finding the 2 male cheetahs during our last morning drive & hearing the lions roar from our bedroom in the early morning .. this is what memories are made of !
All the staff were brilliant throughout our stay , but Matthew made our visit extra special .
Would not hesitate to recommend PUMBA- it really is a fantastic place and wonderful experienceWritten 16 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- in March 2019, we had an amazing 2 weeks with Luke as our guide on the Eastern Cape. A man at the top of his game and profession. It seems this isn't just a job to Luke, it's his life and his range of knowledge is something you can't quite fathom. I'd recommend Luke to anyone who was visiting the area. We'll will definitely be back!Written 12 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was my second skydive and it was a good one. Unfortunately we visited the EP Skydivers in a group of 11 divers and therefor had to wait for multiple hours, as the skydiving plane only fits 2 jumpers and their instructors.
To capture the jump we all bought the video which I wouldn't very recommend. One of the two instructors used a GoPro and recoreded decent footage and angles but not in a very good quality. the other one used a different camera and all he didn't make a huge effort to record a good video. the quality of the second guys camera was terrible and he mostly recorded just the sky itself or his shoulder instead of the jumper. we were upset and to be honest, it is a terrible service!!!!Written 3 March 2016
- The African Vet Safari, led by Dr. Peter Brothers, was the ultimate travel experience. Every lodging was immaculately clean and beautiful, the food and wine was plentiful and delicious and the care to detail was evident in every aspect of the journey.
More importantly, the hands on work with the animals and the ability to donate our time and money to help African species survive made it the trip of a lifetime.Written 18 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Grahamstown
- These are the best places for couples seeking tours in Grahamstown:See more tours for couples in Grahamstown on Tripadvisor