- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
4 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- The staff is amazing, the marine fish section is beautiful but has deteriorated over the years compared to when I was a child! But still an amazing place with cute penguins and intelligent seals, had a blast with the fam. Got to feed the penguins aswellsWritten 28 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It really was a wet and windy day today, but we thoroughly enjoyed our visit and rounded it off with a pint at the pub by the fire. Owner couldn’t have been more welcoming and took time out to talk to the little ones about the snakes and lizards.Written 15 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went for a family outing to the Lion Park in East London on Sunday 8 September 2019.
There wasn't too much to see, however the animals looked healthy and well cared for.
Some maintenance is required at the playground and seating area.
Overall it wasn't a bad experience, next time we will make a day out of it and have a family braai. The best time to go is on a Sunday around feeding time at 12:30, because then you will get to see the Lions and Tigers.Written 12 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- In all honesty, I won't be coming back to the zoo. With the price you would expect abit more. So many enclosures in disrepair, some completely broken down. Kids enjoyed seeing the Tiger, lions and the jaguar. Some of the animals did seem to be very under fed and agitated, especially the jaguar and tiger. Pathways were badly kept. On a positive, the staff were friendly and they were busy with guttering to harvest rain water, but please, the ponds need to be better maintained.Written 28 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about East London
- These places are best for zoos & aquariums in East London:See more zoos & aquariums in East London on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for kid-friendly zoos & aquariums in East London:See more zoos & aquariums for children in East London on Tripadvisor