Popular things to do
- Day Trips & Excursions
- Cultural & Theme Tours
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Tours & Sightseeing
- Top Picks
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Sporting Events
- Walking Tours
- Special Offers
- Ports of Call Tours
- Cruises, Sailing & Water Tours
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Air, Helicopter & Balloon Tours
Top Attractions in Heredia
What travellers are saying
- Luis is EXCELLENT-he is very passionate & talented & has an excellent sense of humour, he was both knowledgeable & captivating for all ages with his excitement & humour.
Antonieta in the gift shop is very kind & helpful!Written 14 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- An interesting, restful and relaxing place, indeed! Nature is omnipresent and the explanation concerning water and the botanical exlanations are as interesting as the farming and housing items. My visite was on a Sunday, so a lot of tasty food at a very reasonable price, smiling faces and a lot of good humor.
The busdriver was helpfull to show which road to follow (in fact, the first to the right after the actual bus stop). Follow it untill it joins another road (after aprox. 5min, road lightly uphills) turn to the left and then the first to the right again. At the very end of the road is the Museum. It took me slightly more than 20 min from the busstop.Written 19 February 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The hike up to Cerro Dantas is via a very rugged trail ( tho we are almost 70 yrs old). In the rainy season, lots of water and mud. Come prepared!! Once you arrive, there is a rustic rancho where you can buy a hot drink or something simple to eat ( prices reasonable). You can continue on to view the waterfalls, although at times, the rain makes the trail unusable. If you are up for adventure, there are rustic rooms for rent to spend the night- If you want the feeling of being dropped into the wilderness with a little oasis, this is the place for you.Written 26 July 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- As a neighbor, at first it was very sad that this piece of land was going to be developed blocking the amazing views of the Heredia mountains. The end result was a happy compromise, roof access where not only you can still enjoy the amazing mountain views to the north, but adding an almost 360 perspective all around the valley. Add to that a first class walking/jogging path, amazing architecture, open spaces and road improvements (new easy access to the road going to San Joaquin) which makes this project a model compromise of development and community contribution. Only miss as some have mentioned is the lack of pedestrian crossing to the south and a missed opportunity to link to Walmart through a pedestrian bridge (you should take a look at corporate collaborations that are normal in the US). Besides this, these are the good and bad in my view:
Architecture is best in country
Running track is a plus for the community
Dog friendly grounds (and indoor)
No pedestrian crossing on south road which is very tricky to cross
Foul odors on north side before the pond
Weak commercial offerings. Ekono is the only anchor store and many empty stores. It needs more variety, more department stores, Starbucks, pet stores, hobbies. Goal should be a mix between Multiplaza Escazu and Mall San Pedro offerings.
Hopefully Kidzania will reopen after pandemic
Top garden should have some concession stands (ice cream, snacks), could be on an event or weekend fair model
Food court seating is odd even if there is floor space it feels limited
South car driveway is not used, could be covered and let delivery drivers wait there
West expansion could expand running track and consider having tennis/futbol 5/squash etc courts on a rental modelWritten 13 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Is a nice place and the weekend have a live music. I play in the machines and I hope to gain the jackpot, but in this moment not are to me. I think return for it.Written 1 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We just returned from a 3 week trip to Costa Rica, travelling around this fabulous country. Erick arranged all our transfers, he was professional, reliable, quick to respond and overall excellent. All the drivers were great, waiting for us ahead of time and taking us safely to the next destination. Highly, highly recommended!Written 10 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Tico Lingo captures all the beautiful things learning a new language can bring into your life and places it in the perfect package. I spent four weeks learning spanish from a complete beginner level, after three weeks I found myself speaking with natives and even able to use witty and sarcastic responses. This trip was a long-held dream come true. I proudly recommend the Tico Lingo experience to anyone willing to listen because the reasons you'll have a wonderful time are endless. Thank you Chris, Yenifer and Yami and all the wonderful professors and guest teachers for all you do to bring the spanish learning experience to life. See you all next time!Written 1 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Place close from San José, where you can walk, pick nick, enjoy the clean air, mountains and beautiful trees🌲!!Written 16 January 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Istudied at the Samara location of this school and loved everything about it - the teachers, other students, Tica family and of course, the beach.Written 7 February 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Edgr Salazar is absolutely fabulous ! I cannot find the words to express my gratitude for all that he did for my husband and I during our visit. He was referred to me by a good friend and now I understand why. Ed has excellent communication skills and was great abut staying in touch and aswering questions during the planning process. I let him know what I wanted and he customized my dream vacation beyond my wildest imagination. He provided so much information about planning the trip, including what attractions were available and what the Covid requirements were. He even arranged everything for us to get the Covid test prior to leaving CR. We met many people on our trip that were vacationing without a guide and I actually felt sorry for them. We tried to share the information we learned from Edgar. We were extremely blessed to have Edgar as our personal guide. We were able to do everything we planned and would do it at our own pace. I would recommed Edgar all day, every day. He was not only our guide but now he is our life-long friend.Written 6 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I cannot put into words how much”Larry” meant to me and my family!
He knew the area and was very full of tales and wisdom. I highly recommend him!!!Written 22 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Heredia
- The best outdoor activities in Heredia according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Heredia on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Heredia according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Full day Tour a Volcan Poas with coffee tour at Starbucks Farm from San Jose
- Britt Coffee Tour from San Jose with lunch. Private Tour
- Full day at Poas Volcano with coffee tour at Starbucks Farm from San José
- Sloth One Day Tour & Hot Springs Arenal Volcano
- Venado caves One Day !!!