Top Attractions in Khasab
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- The fort is well maintained, has some nice museum style areas and provides good historical background into the area, the geography and the culture.Written 8 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was quite hazy on the day we visited, but the view was still spectacular. The drive down to the water's edge was fun although a 4wd is necessary for that half (getting to the peak would be possible with a 2wd car).Written 8 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Festung Cacapo is a cone shaped round tower in the middle of the open area in the Khassab Fort. I walked up the ramp and wondered what I could see from the top but it only lead to a room that displays some artefacts with explanations of the daily life of locals and Maritime fishermen long ago. That was an interesting and cultural experience. Happy Travelling!Written 22 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- it a quite beach but not for swimming.. there is a playground for the kids and small shops that sells local food... there is no sands or a place to swimWritten 24 July 2021
- I highly recommend the overnight dhow cruise! Our crew was excellent - Elias and Akbar. We did all sorts of fun things with the kids - snorkelling, fishing, hiking. The food was delicious. It was a very special experience!Written 25 June 2022
- Eldho was really helpful and attentive - even answering WhatsApp queries late at night. Dhow was basic and traditional, comfortable and large area for relaxing and very friendly crew. Food was good - typically local Omani style lunch - delicious barbecues fish, fragrant rice, salad and veggies. Ample supply of traditional Omani coffee and tea. Snorkelling was very good and we saw loads of dolphins very close up. Would definitely book with Eldho again and highly recommend this company. We also booked to do a couple of dives from the Dhow. We brought our own gear and Eldho sourced a divemaster who was a super guy. The diving itself wasn’t very interesting, which was not helped by poor visibility. Might be OK for beginners, but for divers with a bit more experience I wouldn’t recommend - to be honest the snorkelling was much better than the two dives we did. We would use the same divemaster, but next time go to the East coast.Written 31 March 2022
- What an amazing experience being spoiled by Abdul Fattah and his crew on the ‘Rubba’. We spent lovely time with family and friends in the fjords of Musandam in Oman - the Norway of the Middle East 😎 Even the boat being aged, is in good conditions and the cabins where fine. Food just outstanding (we had a great chef), supervisor ‘James’ was all over the place and attentive. And we had the privilege to be navigated by the found/chairman Abdul, alias ‘the admiral’, delighted to hear his experience ans stories. AAA+ and we are coming againWritten 2 May 2022
- Can’t recommend these guys highly enough! We booked Dolphin Khasab Tours before we left the UK from a cruise Facebook forum. They picked us up from the cruise terminal where we paid cash (you can pay in AED, euro and dollars) they then dropped us 10 mins away to board our Dhow.
The Dhow was large but not overcrowded and we lazed around on carpets and cushions. The waters were calm and the scenery, in my opinion, was stunning. The staff were amazing and patient in trying to get the dolphins to appear - between us and another Dhow we followed 5 dolphins, including a baby, dancing and playing between the dhows it was magical 😊
Throughout the cruise they supplied water, Arabic coffee and fruit, and when we anchored for around 40 mins they supplied snorkelling gear and towels.
We booked 1/2 day tour at the last minute and I have to say it was my favourite trip 😎Written 8 January 2020
- I spent 10 days in the entire Musandam peninsula (March 2020) with a boat of the Musandam Sea Adventure Travel & Tourism Company
All the staff agency are particularly attentive and helpful for any request, any type of information.
At the office they are really fantastic and they gave us all the information we needed and more.
Regarding the boat trip, the Captain and crew were very caring with us during our trip and the service on board was really great and unforgettable.
Concerning the food on board, we were four including the captain and one crew there was food for eight people, the food was very good and varied, the freshly caught fish every day.
I really recommend this serious agency and the high level service staff and I wanted to warmly thank the whole team for their professionalism and their unforgettable hospitality.
Great thanks to the Musandam Sea Adventure Travel & Tourism Company and all his staff.
PierreWritten 14 October 2020
- Wounder experience it was. The entire staff was friendly behavior& caring. We got food and drinks as we wanted. Amazing tour it wasWritten 12 July 2022
- We took a half day tour from Dhow Khasab Tours and had a lovely day. The boat was comfortable with the option of sunny or shaded areas and it wasn't too crowded. The scenery was well worth the visit and the dolphin watching was world class with plenty of good sightings. I wasn't expecting the snorkelling to be as good as it was but there were tons of interesting fish to see. I'd also like to thank the staff for helping my elderly father so kindly. My only two criticisms are that I could see no indication that the snorkelling equipment was disinfected or washed between guests and I am worried about the number of anchors being dropped on the reef areas for snorkelling. I understand that in developing tourist areas you can't expect regulatory processes to be perfect, but I would like to see some evidence of environmental protection policies being agreed and implemented in order to protect the fish and the dolphins in the long term.Written 8 February 2020
- Great day travelling the fjords of Oman, Khalid and his team made us feel right at home. Khalid has knowledge/history of the area and a great sense of humour.
We came up from Dubai on Friday night and did the day tour on Saturday, will come back for an overnight on a Dhow or camping.
RecommendedWritten 19 June 2022
- Sometimes when you feel that a break is required from the daily challenging routine of our lives . Also when you don’t want to go any other country but with in UAE I can simply suggest to go for a long drive to khasab and overnight stay under the sky.
Interesting 🤔 well yes really .
We started from Dubai to Khasab by road and as soon as we crossed the city we felt we are in the other part of world. The scenic mountains kept us indulge.
The most mesmerizing part is the drive along the sea, I was surprised to see the beautiful scenery stretched in kilometers.
Spend overnight under the sky in tent and listening the relaxing sea tides.
You must not miss early sunrise, it’s one of the best moments of the trip.
Finally after enjoying dhow cruise we left for Dubai.
I suggest to start driving during the twilight, it’s a worthy watching scenery which you will remember for long.Written 12 February 2020
- So impressed with the conversations with Khasab sea tours - i had questions about travel and VISAs and they responded straight away (even in the evening) and were very knowledgeable and informative. Really looking forward to using the sea tours on my next trip.Written 14 April 2022
- We did the half day dhow cruise around the fjords in Mussandam yesterday and it was brilliant. The staff were incredibly helpful and there was plenty to eat and drink on board with tea, coffee, cold water bottles, soft drinks and a big selection of fresh fruits. Snorkeling equipment was provided, along with beach towels, and plenty of seating both in the sun and in the shade. So many dolphins stayed with our boat both out and back, and it really was a well organised and excellent trip. Highly recommended! 😊Written 4 August 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Khasab
- The best outdoor activities in Khasab according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Khasab on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Khasab according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Ocean Sea Cruise MUSANDAM KHASAB - Sultanate of Oman
- Small-Group Day Trip from Dubai to Musandam, Oman with Lunch
- Khasab Musandam Tour From Dubai, Sharjah & RAK
- Khasab City Tour
- Khasab City Tour from Khasab