- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Fun & Games
Fun & Games
14 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- If you're looking for an interesting movie, you should visit the Projector at Golden Mile Tower. It screens a good mix of both international & local movies. You get to watch a movie without any disturbance from the well mannered patrons. The restaurant offers lovely cakes & they also have live music on weekends. The toilets are artistically designed.Written 18 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The facilities are satisfactory but the staff have become too complacent. The security was rude and the counter staff don't greet you or say thank you.Written 19 March 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It was super nice to catch a movie while waiting for my flight! The movies are on for free, 24 hrs. We went to T2 movie theatre. Really cool!Written 4 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This was a birthday treat for hubby. We loved the seats it's so comfy and big plus there are pillow and blanket given. You can order foods and drinks from where you are seated. 1st class service, we will go again. It was an awesome experience.Written 16 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The screen kept turning off during the movie, and they just said, “We are experiencing another technical issue, we are sorry for the inconvenience.” Wasted around 30 minutes of my time. No refunds, no compensation, nothing,Written 3 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I've seen two movies in The Cathay so far and the movie experience is not bad. Compared to 2 other cinemas I've gone to, Cathay's facility is not new, as can be seen in the fabric-type upholstery of the seats. But it is clean and well maintained.
The cinemas are equipped with DLP system and the seats are laid out to have minimal obstruction from the moviegoers in front.
I learned that The Cathay has quite a history, having been built many decades ago and surviving a few renovations and upgrades.
This cinema complex is easy to access using bus or MRT (Dhoby Gaut). Various restaurants are nearby to provide quick lunch or dinner prior to your movie date.
It's always a good experience when an element of history is involved.
Eager to come back here.Written 5 August 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The gold halls are more than double the price of a regular seat. It comes with unlimited drinks but no food. The seats are nice, but here is a problem with the seat plan. On the website, seats 1,2,3,4 are from right to left when facing the screen. But in hall 5 with only 16 seats, the seats run from left to right. Not a big deal, but not the most fun thing to do when your seats are taken by someone else because the only map and the real thing don't match.Written 10 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Bought mixed tickets (ie a few senior citizens and one member’s) recently. Apparently for such case, in order to enjoy the respective discounts, it can be done at the automated ticketing machine but accompanied by a staff. Indeed there was one helpful staff available and I manage to purchase my advanced tickets hassle-free.Written 13 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Enjoy ultimate state of art digital technology with their Dolby sound system for an unrivalled movie show at economic price.Written 25 December 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My son and I were extremely excited to catch a movie. We booked our tickets online and received an e-ticket. I also ordered a tea set special as I was feeling exhausted from a very long day. The photograph showed a nice meal served on a small table in front of the seats with a nice pot of tea, a bowl of popcorn, and a small plate of cake. I assumed it would be served inside like in other premium theatres.
Arriving an hour too early, we had to find a way to pass the time but there was nothing to do in 321 Mall where this cinema was situated. We ended up seated on a rug along with other moviegoers who were waiting for their shows to start. There were no proper waiting seats which seemed odd but it didnt bother us too much.
Ten minutes before our show we were let into the theatre. And that's where the rude awakening happened... upon reaching our seats, I realized I had booked us to be seated in front of a wall. I am 160 cm. When I sat on our seat, the offending wall covered 20% of the screen for me! The space in between the wall and the seat was about as wide as an economy airline seat so it was impossible to ignore.
I reviewed the website and our e-tickets to check if I happened to have missed a warning regarding a wall. Perhaps these are meant for very tall people... But there were no warnings. I also realized then that there would not be a nice little serving table or server bringing us tea inside the cinema. I had to pickup our tea set from the front desk.
I then went back out the cinema to the hallway to look for assistance, but there were no people to assist us. So I had to walk 5 levels down the fire exit staircase, go out the 321 mall, come back into the mall, go back up to level 3, and walk to the cinema front desk to seek out the cinema manager for assistance.
He explained as per some building code provision or another the wall met the code's standards. This upset me a lot because this seems like they were ready with an excuse as other patrons must have complained about that wall already. Rather than simply add a caveat to warn customers before they purchased the tickets, or to completely remove these seats from the inappropriate area. I wanted to refund and walk away but as I had left my teenage son in the cinema, I had no choice but to accept a change of seat to the second row of the cinema.
It was also here that my two tea sets was given to me in two plastic bags to be carried into our cinema. It was simply a soda machine tea in a normal disposable cup, small sized popcorn in a paper box, and lava cake in a paper plate. Nowhere near the picture in their website promo.
In the end, the second row seats were not bad. We didt have to crane our necks like in other cinemas. And in retrospect I guess perhaps if I used one of their free booster seats, then we would've been able to see properly. But really this was just an overall disappointing experience of not meeting expectations.Written 12 April 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It is the first time that I go to the cinema since the cinema reopened after the COVID lockdown. Unfortunately, most of the people were not wearing a mask while watching the movie. Eating is also allowed inside the theaters; many people were coughing and not wearing their face masks.Written 11 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.