- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
29 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- Excellent experience to walk thru tunnel. We had bright headlamps which helped greatly. We took our time and had a good size group. No rush. Just enjoy the sights.Written 12 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We have hiked the path with a group of people at the age of 60th & 70th. We started at the top parking lot to the bottom parking lot. Despite rather short walk (3KM) for some of the group members it was difficult due to lot of uneven stairs. We loved the nature scenery. On the path here are several small springs surrounded with trees. Some areas are used for ancient agriculture practice by residents from the area.Written 24 November 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Joel is an amazing tour guide. He does a great job explaining complex topics and adding in humor and storytelling techniques to always keep you engaged.Written 19 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- There is a reason why Jeremy Collins is the number 1 tour guide for Jerusalem. He is OUTSTANDING in every department. He is articulate, funny, incredibly knowledgeable, and one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. He loves Israel and he loves sharing her beauty and secrets.
Some tour guides give you facts about the places you are seeing. Jeremy tells you STORIES, and imbues them with such passion and nuance that really brings these places to life. For instance, when we were atop Masada, Jeremy didn't just tell us facts about the Roman conquest of the rebels-- he read to us the dramatic and impassioned speech of the leader of the Sicarri rebels-- a speech so moving and convincing that it persuaded the entire community to commit suicide rather than fall captive to the invading Romans. Jeremy then followed up by showing us the archeological artifacts found at Masada that corroborated the accounts of the siege. Jeremy's presentation was moving, and gave us a real sense of the panic-- and courage displayed by those ancient rebels.
Jeremy took us to some fascinating off the beaten path places, such as a community of ultra-orthodox Jews, and to a food tour of the famous Machane Yehuda Market, where we had lunch, visited a fresh juice shop and and sampled some of the most delicious, straight-out-of-the-oven chocolate ruggalah.
I am not easily impressed, but Jeremy exceeded my wildest expectations.
If you are lucky enough to meet Jeremy, please ask him the following question:
"Who is Accrington Stanley?"Written 20 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had an amazing time from the moment we arrived until we left! Yehuda, our tour guide was amazing! He was very knowledgeable and informative and explained on about the area! All in all it was an excellent time for everyone! Thank you!Written 7 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a great time on our Shuk tour with Shuki. It really felt like Shuki was sharing a glimpse into the secrets of his beloved city. It was a very authentically jerusalemite adventure and was great fun for both the local and international tourists in the group! Also a really good activity for a work bonding event .Written 17 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Our May 2022 tour with Aviv Herzlich of Aviv Tours actually started in September 2021 when we interviewed several tour guides for our upcoming trip. We found Aviv to be interested in what we wanted to do in Israel (rather than telling us what we should do), flexible concerning the itinerary, and full of practical advice. Aviv was also patient with our many questions before and after we selected him to be our guide, and he was available for advice and assistance while we were in Israel during times when he was not actively guiding us. In addition, Aviv enlisted the assistance of his friends and colleagues to guide us through their areas of expertise. We found Aviv’s colleagues to be as knowledgeable and personable as Aviv and they contributed positively to the overall experience.
Most importantly, Aviv handled his own trip logistics (rather than outsourcing to a 3rd party firm) and he used his relationships to schedule specific activities within the itinerary (e.g., Druze and Bedouin hospitality events, jeep tours in the Golan Heights and in Makhtesh Ramon, and wine tasting).
We toured through Israel’s northern coastal area, the Galilee, Golan Heights, Jerusalem, the Dead Sea, Makhtesh Ramon and Sde Boker, Shefla, Sderot and Tel Aviv with Aviv Tours. All along the way, Aviv provided hotel and dinner restaurant suggestions and reviews, and he made reservations for us when a phone call was required because there were no online options. For lunch each day, Aviv took us to “locals places” that we probably would not have found by ourselves.
Aviv took what we expected to be a great visit to Israel and transformed our journey into something that was so fabulous that we have yet to find words that adequately describe our sentiments and appreciation for his knowledge and efforts. Aviv’s combination of knowledge gained from his life experience as a native Israeli, his university education, his talent as an educator, his friendly personality and his years of guiding recreational, religious, corporate and other tours resulted a tour that was filled with historical and cultural information, rich descriptions of past and current events and a beautiful mosaic of how historical events that have occurred over 2,000+ years transformed into Israel and the Middle East as we know them today.
If you're planning to hire a tour guide in Israel, contact Aviv early in your planning stages and hope that he's not booked for your dates. This was among the best tours we have experienced anywhere. It’s hard to believe you'll find a better guide in Israel than Aviv Herzlich and Aviv Tours.Written 21 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Yoav is hands down the best! He takes care of you all the way. His knowledge of the land, history, food is incredible. His organizational skills are awesome - whether at restaurants, tour stops or having our transportation there at the right time he never missed a beat. Along our path even other tour guides stopped to tell us he was the best - a great compliment coming from his many peers. Look no more-Yoav is your guide for the best experience ever.Written 21 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Yuval was a great guide for our day trip to Jerusalem. He is kind, fun and really knows his way around the old city. We appreciated his ability to describe the nuances of the city. Obviously Jerusalem has struggled during the pandemic and unfortunately some of the hidden gem spots did not survive -- but Yuval did everything he could to take us around. He also knew the "less touristy" spots for food which was awesome.
My only regret was that I wish we could have spent more time in the Jewish quarter as I feel may have over indexed on the other sites ... but its tough as there are only so many hours in a day. My suggestion would be to book more time with Yuval. Perhaps a few days to really unpack the history of all of Jerusalem. That said it was a great tour and we enjoyed it.Written 7 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Our group has had such a great time with Marcos to me he is a great guide personal powerful funny and well educated it has made our trips wonderful I highly endorse him and encourage others to utilize his skills Pastor Ron McClungWritten 21 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Moti was amazing! He elevated our spirit and our entire Israel experience. He is extremely knowledgeable and creative and will exceed your expectations of what a guided tour can be like. He takes you off the beaten path for adventures, both day and night (if that interests you). He is personable and shares lots of stories about his life, so you learn what it’s like to be an Israeli. He’s very real, which is refreshing. Moti is extremely passionate about what he does. He loves his work, and Israel. He made the trip exceptional for my friends and I. Let him know what type of vacation you’re looking for, so he can optimize it for you. I highly recommend using Moti for your next trip to Israel. As Moti likes to say, it’s an absolute “wow” experience.Written 21 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Took a three hour tasting tour…..our guide was Daniella and she was great. She set the vibe with a welcome drink Arak and we just flowed from there…The places we visited and the history lesson were like being in heaven. Our next trip we need to do something more adventurous like a cooking day in the market…..Can’t wait….Written 23 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We were part of a group of 6 that hired Gil Regev in April/May 2022, as our guide for 14 days in Israel and Jordan. It is not an understatement to say that Gil’s expertise as a guide made our trip a once in a lifetime experience in every way. His knowledge of ancient and modern Israel history, biblical studies, logistics of travel, hospitality, restaurants, and more was exceptional. Gil is smart, organized, and very personable. His tours were informative without being boring, his recommendations for our hotels (boutique) and restaurants were phenomenal. Gil is experienced and passionate about his craft, to lead the best tour possible for his guests. Every place we went Gil knew the people and they knew him. Owners and managers of hotels, restaurants, historical sites. We felt safe at all times, we learned so much that our brains were bursting, we had fun, and when finally parted ways at the end of the trip it was hard to leave because Gil had become our friend. We cannot recommend Gil Regev more highly.Written 16 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My 18 year old son and I (and he knows much about archaeology and ancient Israel) participated in a dig during the Succot holiday. The guide was great, funny, well informed and dealt with all the ages in the group without missing a beat. The dig was fun while we learned about history, the process of excavation and putting all the pieces together to build the story. Most of the tour was in well lit caves so the heat wasn't much of an issue. I recommend this activity wholeheartedly for families, singles, and energetic grandparents.Written 21 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We did a 1.5 hour segway tour with Ahmed. He's a great guide, giving historical background of the different areas we visited. I would highly recommend Zuzu, especially with Ahmed as your guide.Written 6 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.