- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
297 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Showing results 1-30 of 297
What travellers are saying
- One of this places who when you been there
You travel back in time !!Try to visit it when is takin place the Shivaratri festival
For sure is something different that time !!!Written 23 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is a cremation place and you can watch the process live. Its an extraordinary experience to get to watch this.Written 19 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- After tracking in Nepal looking for other exciting yet less intensive activities, doing canyoning in the special place at the park, less than an hour away driving from Thamel. Quite and beautiful place, professional guidance and an amazing experience, absolutely one of the highlights here at Katmandu 😉Written 12 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Fantastic! I just finished the Manaslu Circuit trek, which was absolutely spectacular. It started with a tour of Kathmandu, which was great. We then started the trek. Wow, just wow! The scenery was spectacular all the way round, culminating in the Larke Pass with its impressive 5,100m elevation. Highly recommend the tour. As well as the mountains themselves, we saw waterfalls, eagles, monasteries, beautiful flowers and trees, wildlife, and much more.
Our guide Ishwor was fantastic, he was very knowledgeable and looked after is exceptionally well. He stood out amongst the other guides we encountered as being especially attentive. 10 out of 10. Our porters Rajesh and Tek were also great, being very friendly, helpful and attentive. The 3 of them really made our trek special. 10 out of 10.Written 15 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Amazing company to travel with, I had a great experience. Chhatra was really quick to reply to any questions I had for the trek. Our guide Kedar was just amazing from beginning till the end of the trek. Very informative, helpful, good English and very nice to talk to. When we got stuck in Lukla because of the weather Kedar was amazing in organising a way for us to get back to Kathmandu.
Our porter Min was also impressive, very strong and fast and always had a smile for us.
If you are looking for a trekking agency in Nepal this is the one to use and I would definitely recommend asking Kedar for your guideWritten 18 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Our trip was limited to 3 days so was confused on where to visit. Contacted Ace. They planned the full trip understanding our taste and was amazing, superb coordination, expert and very knowledgeable guides who follow us throughout the journey explaining each and every places.
Really thank Mr. Sujan (Sales Manager) for his excellent arrangements and full coordination through out the journey.Written 7 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Travel date : 06th feb'22
Shimla - Manali
Initially I was thoughtful of going through Himalayan Holidays as the name was new to me. But post reading some reviews I decided to go with it and take the risk.
My review post the trip, it was a right decision to go with Himalayan Holidays and every penny spent was worth it
Veena from Himalayan Holidays helped with the entire package. Veena with her rightful suggestions made things more easier for me. While I trusted with her choice i don't regret 1 bit of it. From hotels to travels to cabs it was awesome. I loved the way she managed everything for us. Everything what was promised was delivered not 1change in her commitments. Super thanks to Veena on this
Coming to HIMALAYAN Holidays they lived up the expectations. Flexible pays and travel date flexibility is what I loved the most. Every penny spent was worth it. And i found the more affordable compared to other travel planners
100% thumps up to Veena, with the choice of stays. You can not expect any better than that I can guarantee on that considering i travel very frequently. Such clean rooms bathrooms with a. Awesome view
Shimla : hotel Paradise Village resort 10/10. Rahul one the employee I met there was really a pure soul and amazing hospitality
Manali: Snow peak Resort 9.5/10. Hotel is superb and best rooms but paradise is a clear winner considering their hospitality.Written 19 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My girlfriend and I did the 8 day RubyValley trek with discovery world trekking, it was a really wonderful experience. The scenery was quite remarkable, the walking was challenging but manageable, and we also got to stay at local villages which was quite authentic. Only passed another 2-3 tourist the whole time which was quite nice. Our guides Karan and Kaji were excellent.Written 12 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is truly an unforgettable experience starting with Dil who was great at communicating and helped my wife and I feel very comfortable about organizing all our trip with their company. They truly know how to help every step of the way. For the actual trek we couldn’t have asked for a better experience and guide with Laxman. He helped every step of the way with his knowledge of the mountains, the food and how to make the experience very enjoyable. He became more than just a guide but a very good friend and introduced us to many new friends along the way. We believe that he was a great part in helping us make it all the way to the end with his positive outlook and encouragement. This trek is for very strong hikers and can be made possible by a great company like Alpine Ramble. I would greatly recommend them to anyone who would love to do the same.Written 9 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I don’t know where to start from but thank you Sam & Sauraj. You guys are amazing and the sherpas and then entire team felt like home. Thank you so much for your help in organising and giving me the best birthday trip.
It was one of our best trip in recent times. This was my first trek ever and couldn’t be any better with "Adventure Pulse" and we all,are very happy with the way it was organised with every detail taken care. From getting me a birthday cake at 7 am to have a baileys at Namache. From dancing with Lakpa and watching the VR summit of Everest. From our long intense conversations to our picnics and then of course towards the undying love still standing it’s very last breathe till the end 😋
I would like to thank the Amazing Sherpas and especially The two most Fun people I know for organising this trip for us very efficiently and comfortable. We had an absolutely fantastic time.
Sauraj & Samir are the best hosts to the mountains but also two of the most fun and caring people ! They make you feel right at home ! You guys in deed are the coolest and I’m glad I got this chance to ever try something like this ! WILD ONE
YOU GUYS ROCK ! 💪🏼☘️Written 13 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A trip to Everest Base Camp is obviously a bucket list experience for most people. The thought of placing your blind faith in a company to ensure safety and comfort is extremely overwhelming, and no matter how many reviews read, or research conducted – it is still overwhelming. I selected Mountain Mart based on the positive reviews and ethical standing of the company. Still – reviews only do so much and can often be deceiving. I’ve worked with numerous tour companies before – ranging from God awful to excellent – and I will attest to having a top notch experience with Mountain Mart from the get-go.
From the onset – Dolakh was extremely responsive and straightforward. I never had to worry about badgering him for a response, and he truly seemed vested in the experience I would have as opposed to just seeking financial compensation. I had a friend join the trek a little late in the game, and Dolakh made this transition seamless. Additionally, he understood the concerns our party had regarding the high altitude and the rapid ascent. He ensured 100% flexibility in our journey in the event of illness. I appreciated that he was vested in our experience and wanted us to make the most of this experience after traveling across the world.
After physically arriving in Kathmandu – I have nothing but glowing remarks to say about the entire experience. This is especially a leap of faith since you are trusting your life to strangers and spending the next ten days together. Our guide Yukumar greeted us at the hotel and clearly set the expectations. The morning of departure, he navigated us through the complex domestic terminal at KTM airport and ensured we were on the first flight to Lukla. Once we arrived in Lukla, our porter Kamal joined the trek. Simply put – these two were rockstars and literally worked tirelessly to ensure we would have an amazing journey (the delicious cut fruit dessert platter each night – no other groups had anything close). I expected the company to look out for our physical wellbeing, but I did not expect Kumar to provide such a cultural insight into his country and help foster our love for Nepal. From literally knowing anything you could ask about the numerous peaks in the Himalayan range (seriously every altitude), to teaching us local customs, and even some Nepali (dhanyabād) – it was his knowledge and enthusiasm that reflected so positively for the beautiful nation he represented.
Trekking at such high altitudes definitely involves risks – with altitude sickness being one of them. Unfortunately, my friend did begin to feel the effects of this. There was not a single moment Kumar didn’t put his genuine heart forward to ensure my friend was safe and comfortable. He continually helped her through some difficult times, and reassured both of us on the enormous feat we conquered. I am a typically stubborn trekker and refuse to ask for help. After an extremely long and icy ascent up Kala Patthar – I didn’t recognize the difficulty of getting back down in dangerous conditions. Our porter, Kamal, hiked right up the mountain to assist me getting down. I would have never asked for help, but I’m thankful the company had the foresight to know this was an extremely dangerous situation and our welfare was most important. I managed this icy descent unscathed thanks to Kamal.
I truly believe the most captivating aspect of this trek was that we became family. I remember sitting at the tea house during the last night in Lukla generally sad that this trek was over. Kumar and Kamal had become important parts of our lives during a lifetime adventure we’d never forget. As accomplished as we felt completing the trek, it was sad knowing we would ultimately leave our two new friends at the end. Nepal is a country that isn’t just worth a visit, but worth a repeat visit(s). I’ve traveled fairly extensively and know I will be back, and Mountain Mart will be part of it. My only advice is this is an extreme journey that will tax you mentally and physically – be sure you have the right company to lead you through this. I could not be more pleased with Mountain Mart and our guide Kumar, and our porter Kamal.Written 10 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Me and my friend visit to Nepal to climb Mera Peak in a long trekking tour.This company gave us our guide,name Prokas,with to porters.Prokas was a very attentive,humble,kind youngman.He tried to give us his best all the time.
This trekking tour was our 4.time in Nepal,but it was the best.
We must to say big thanks for them!Written 11 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We can’t recommend Prime Himalayas highly enough. Prakash was brilliant at keeping in touch with us and answered my constant stream of emails with endless questions promptly and always with great advice and guidance.
Our trip didn’t get off to the best start when Turkish Airlines bumped us off our flight, meaning we arrived a day late, potentially missing the start of the trek. Prakash responded to a panicked email from me, with “don’t worry, my name is solution, stay cool. I will fix everything” and he did. Just what you need to hear. He booked flights for us up to Pokhara to get us there on time. His brother collected us from the international terminal and drove a mad dash to domestic to catch the flight by the skin of our teeth. He took care of everything, booking our Everest flight, city tour and rafting. Thank you Prakash!!!
A big shout out to Rishi, Ashok and Narayan. Thank you all!!! These guys work incredibly hard, are away from their families for months on end and are the most loveliest guys you could ever wish to meet. Not only do they spend the day carrying heavy packs, they also help serve food at the teahouses and generally muck in to help out. Ashok is working hard on his English and will make a fantastic guide one day. When we return to do the Everest base camp trek, we will request Rishi, Ashok and Narayan to join us.
So in summary, if you’re planning on visiting Nepal, look no further than Prakash and his team at Prime Himalayas. You will not be disappointed.Written 14 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Everest base camp trekking and excellent support during health issues. Mukti kept his promise and is very trustworthy 🙂I started my journey from Australia to EBC Trekking. Mukti from "Himalayas on foot" provided excellent support and made the journey memorable. After 4 days of trekking, I was tired and my oxygen level dropped below 50. Mukti immediately arranged hospital service at Namche bazaar and organised helicopter service to take me to the best hospital. He coordinated with the insurance team and was constantly in touch with my family at home.
After I recovered, Mukti kept his promise and arranged helicopter service to fly me to kalapathar, at the base of mount Everest. On the way back I had wonderful breakfast at Everest view hotel.
This was wonderful and memorable experience standing at the base of Everest and seeing the mighty Everest after a rough journey.
Anyone planning to trek, take insurance, do stay 2-3 nights at each stop and don't rush. Mukti and his network of contacts in the valley was very helpful when things go wrong. Always in safe hands and very trustworthy.Written 5 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- EBC trekking. This trip would not been possible and pleasurable without all the staff from Mountain Delight, from porters, to all guides and owner. Not only they did what they promised, they went above and beyond to make sure our trip in Nepal is smooth and hassle free. Before we arrived Nepal, owner Ram has arranged and prep us what to prepare for, greet us personally when we arrived, brief us our trip and schedule. We then met our guide, Purna and assistant guide, Shiva l, they have led us through trekking in every weather condition, Pruna knows exactly when to slow down or stop so the group can all complete each day trekking and our personal goal without exhausting ourselves for the next day. Leading group of 12 is not an easy task, but Pruna proofed he is an experienced and exceptional leader. There are so many things we didn’t know to prepare for or know how to arrange, Ram, Pruna and Shiva are always there to help, figure out the best suitable solution, even when it is not part of their job, they truly are your family and friends when you are away from your family and friends. One of most kind hearted people I have ever met in my life.Written 15 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.