- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
63 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 63
What travellers are saying
- How often do civilians get a behind-the-scene look at military life, let alone aboard an aircraft carrier? We spend three hours exploring the honeycomb of quarters, decks and offices onboard this behemoth - but you could easily breeze through faster ... or spend all day there! Great for history buffs, military buffs - and the just plain curious!Written 25 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We always have fun at St. George Spirits, which is located in Alameda. Its a good place to spend an hour or two doing tastings, talking to others, and having a great time. Staff is awsome.Written 7 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A short but very effective introduction to how Hanger 1 products are distilled and our guide was extremely knowledgeable.Written 1 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a great place to sit outside with an awesome view of the city in the distance. Even better at sunset!!! There is inside and outside seating ( we preferred the outside). All the varieties of beer we tried were tasty and cold! There was a food truck available you could order from. The burger/sliders were small so be sure to order at least two!!! Service was fast! Bring your hat and sunlglasses.Written 11 July 2022
- The Crab cove visitor Center is part of the East Bay Regional Park District, and is located at 1252 McKay Av, Alameda, Ca 94501. The place is a kind place to visit and Discover some history, animals, fishes and plants that lives at the Bay area.
Inside there objects, pictures, videos and a lot of things that shows how rich this place are.
Addictionaly also there are the only one public bathrooms at the Alameda, everything clean and well done. I recommend it a visit there and also enjoy the beautiful view from the Robert W Crown Memorial State Beach.Written 20 May 2022
- We met a friend there. It is located in one of the old areas by the Hangars at the former Naval Air Station Alameda, right on a taxiway to the main runway (not used anymore). Cool place. 4-6 Half Off By the Glass so we got to try out some great wines. The bottles they produce are very cool looking. Food was AMAZING. The Burger with Blueberry and Blue Cheese was incredible with the Buffalo Fries. Super Good!Written 8 February 2020
- This a great flea market. Very large with a diverse makeup of vendors. You can find everything from jewelry and furniture to tires for your car. Go early because it gets very crowded later in the day.Written 14 June 2019
- We went to Crown Memorial State Beach in Alameda. There is a nice beach area, green grass area, and places to walk.Written 30 May 2020
- We went to Alameda and enjoyed seeing the military plane statues. It is also where the Hornet is. The downtown area has a variety of stores and cafes.Written 2 December 2020
- We parked at the ferry port and strolled along the by in between the voluminous gofers that were feeding themselves on the verges.
This little park is a quiet area where you can view across the bay.Written 28 May 2022
- We use this tunnel to get from our home in Oakland to the West part of Alameda and to a restaurant we love. Can get a bit congested at rush hour. One of the few links to the island.Written 7 March 2020
- Outstanding facility with lots of table space. Lots of different selections from IPA to darker beers. Take out food next store where you can order and they will deliver to you.Written 4 March 2019
- Base needs renovation like Hornet to aid area unless base will base coming baseball park in area & then add more jobs.
Ideal site for:
Voc/Tech Ed Center
EV Charging grid system/.
Airport for area
TV & Movie production.
Much to reuse at site & retain section for Base history alone
Needs hwy, road to connect from base Main Gate to the USS Hornet.
No simple path from Ferry Center to ship visible.
Drone through base to USS Hornet by UberWritten 19 May 2019
- Small local theatre is surely welcome!
Better than trucking to SF with added expenses.
The plays, shows are highly rated!
With a small round about theatre, all seats are great!
Prices and parking is right on.
You need to buy tickets on line then pick up a hour before
show starts. Seats are first come, first serve.
Good variety of shows - musical, comedy, drama.
The performers are talented. The sound is just right.
Not too loud. There is always a 15 min intermission with
snacks, coffee or wine for sale in the lobby.
Most shows runs several weeks but performances are only
on Fri - Sun. All shows are in high demand. Buy tixs early
for better selections of date and time.Written 17 September 2016
- Off the main street but full of interesting antiques and history, and you can also find a few treasures to purchase and take home (we scored a cool rocking chair).Written 23 June 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Alameda