Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
4 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- Spectacular hike of moderate level. My six year old made it most of the way to the ladders. Some parts are nerve-wracking for those with a fear of heights even before you get to the ladders, but a well-marked trail with amazing views. The weather is unpredictable and one day we experienced strong gales making us glad we were not on the trail that day. The wildflowers were blooming in early December and the orange-breasted rockjumper was a great sight and one for our bird list.
Even if you don't make it to the chain ladders and the top of the escarpment even walking a portion of the hike is a great outing.Written 9 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A fabulous walk, an adventurous climb leading to the most stunning views. Exciting descent on chain ladders.
Layden, from Ambhitheatre Backpackers was our guide. He was responsible always look out for our safety and then so much fun we had a great laugh and met some lovely, fellow travellers.
Please don't be tempted to do this trek without a guide as there are potential risks and so please keep safe and wear good bootsWritten 19 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The entry fee was reasonable. The tour guides were very friendly and accommodating. To reach Wetsie's cave from reception it was about two kilometres of walking and climbing. It was good to reach the place which the former homeland of Qwaqwa was named after, Witsieshoek. The tour guides needed to get more information about the place and its plants. There were protea flowers in the area. The were good mountain views. The tour was tiring and needed hiking equipment.Written 12 December 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is an attraction that offers horse riding,hiking camping and has arts and crafts it is a relaxed tranquil environment away from city life, a challenge for a first time rider where you get to ride on a horse for the first time with close supervision,there are home stays upon request with breakfast lunch and dinner or bring full camping equipment, parking is safe and the village is a safe environment, wonderful in the sense that one explores a different environment while making a positive impact to the lives of the locals.Written 17 March 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Phuthaditjhaba
- The top attractions to visit in Phuthaditjhaba are: See all attractions in Phuthaditjhaba on Tripadvisor