9 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- The second largest urban park in Cape Town us well maintained and treasured by local residents. Open seven days a week. Very busy on weekends .Written 6 November 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Park is clean but the water feature needs attention specially the pond that is full of hycinths. Family friendly. Also facility for some outdoor sport. Lots of open spaces and treesWritten 7 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This made a pleasant change to play an old style golf course which is not a boomers track, it was in very good condition but was very busy, the clubhouse is small and dated maybe is not the right word but close, however the locker room is very nice.
The staff were all very friendly especially those in the pro shop.
This course is walkable.Written 28 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Will always go there ,if you can't find anywhere else,small but very good choice of merchandise and always the cheapestWill always go there,if you can't find any where else,small but very good choice of merchandise and always the cheapest,been going there for years ,even now that I live quite far from themWritten 4 June 2019
- Before you read this, my review is based on me, a female solo beginner in paragliding who has been to 2 different schools in the past. It may not apply to you if you have friends who paraglide with you or if you are naturally good in sports.
1. the instructor is clear, does not confuse his left/right, the radio instructions are short and direct.
2. the instructor is not intimidating. If he sees you struggling with something, he will NOT break you down further by shouting/teasing/degrading. (And yes, other instructors will degrade and shout at you...and threaten to quit the course if you don't manage after only 2 attempts)
3. he and his wife will treat you like family.
4. plenty of ground handling, theory.
5. he will make sure you are comfortable with flying before giving you a license. He will NOT religiously stick to the minimum number of flights needed to sign you off.
6. when the weather is ot good, you will still learn theory/ground handling
7. he will NOT ignore you for tandem flights, when you pay for a course, he gives you the time you paid for (and yes, other instructors will ignore you even if you have paid to do tandems).
8. very safe. The equipment is in good shape.
9. did not sense any ethnical hostility/discrimination.
10. the rate of learning is progressive if needed. You learn at YOUR own pace, he will not rush you to finish within a certain time limit.
11. they provide accomodation.
12. they provide their own gliders and equipment for sale.
13. much cheaper than learning in Europe (I am comparing Germany and Switzerland).
1. Nothing...all went great.Written 8 January 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Wynberg
- The best outdoor activities in Wynberg according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Wynberg on Tripadvisor
Wynberg Attractions Information