What travellers are saying
- I often jog through here during daylight hours. Lots of people walking their dogs, so it feels quite safe. Lots of trees to provide shade.Written 6 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I often run around the common, as do many other people - you are never alone! Generally quite safe though there are reports of cars parked around the common having their windows smashed so do not leave any valuables in the car. A lap of the common is about 2.5km, and every saturday morning at 8am the parkrun involves doing two loops. This place is very popular with birders and botanists due to the amazing wildlife here. It really is a special place.Written 6 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Masjied Ghiedmatiel Islamia also known as the Rondebosch East Islamic Community Trust is a former church complex that was bought and purchased around 1999/2000 and converted into a mosque and madressa. Since then the property had been developed into a bustling multi-purpose complex. The mosque has the 5 daily prayers, Friday congregational prayers (Jumua-ah), offers Tarawih prayers in Ramadaan. It has facilities for both males and females with separate washing room and ablution areas. It has a well utlised community hall, has madressa classes for the youth, etc.
The facility is on 4500 square metres of space and also has various offices and ample parking all around the premises. The mosque is a hive of activities with lots of programs on a variety of topics and also fitness classes. The mosque is quite popular for weddings and such as the hall can be utilised for the reception.Written 27 May 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is the 2nd time my family and I have used ETTC. They never disappoint. They're always on-time, hospitable, affordable and the vans are clean and comfortable. Shaheed's communication is wonderful beforehand despite the timedifferences. It's good to have a company you trust when traveling abroad. They were also amenable to an unpredictable schedule change. Clive was an awesome driver. I highly recommend this company if you're considering tours or need basic transfers or transportation services while in South Africa!
Thanks a million Escape to the Cape!Written 26 November 2023
- We have used Airport Hopper for our airport transfers in Cape Town for a number of years now. Vanessa is a sincere and caring person who will go out of her way to make sure your journey is safe and that you are at the airport in good time. I cannot recommend her enough!Written 14 November 2023
- I had a blast with Warren! I could have taken a larger tour, some of which plan their itinerary based on the wishes of the passengers. As a solo, I may not have seen all that I wanted to. With Warren, I was able to ask all the questions I wanted, see what I wanted to see, all in good company. He knows his Cape Town and I loved his wit. I highly recommend a day with Warren and will be in touch the next time I am in S.A.Written 12 March 2020
- Enjoyed a wonderful day out with James in his jeep, exploring the southern Cape. Very friendly and knowledgeable about the area.Written 8 April 2015
Frequently Asked Questions about Rondebosch
- The best day trips from Rondebosch according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Peninsula Tour Full-Day Classic incl. All Entrance Fees
- PVT Peninsula Tour Full-Day Classic incl. All Entrance Fees
- Winelands Tour Full-Day Classic incl. 3x Tastings
- PVT City Centre & Table Mt. Tour Half-Day Social Change Edition
- City Centre & Table Mt. Tour Full-Day Social Change Edition
Rondebosch Attractions Information