Top Attractions in Parga Municipality
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Excellent narration, story telling and picturesque boat river cruise in Acheron - the only one on Greece - by captain ChristosWritten 14 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's a very long beach, not very broad. There are many possibilities for hiring sunbeds and parasol. Most do not charge it, if you spant enough in the restaurant or bar. In high season it is very crowded. Sea is calm, and some rocks when you walk in. Good for snorkling. We stayed at the beachclub at the end, there it was a bit more quiet.Written 13 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful beach with clear water. Not sand, but tiny pebbles along the whole beach. Despite that you don't need any special shoes to go in to the water. We took a taxi from Parga for 10 euros at 9 in the morning to be sure to be there before everyone else came. You can also take a taxi boat from Parga Town for around 6 euros, but the first one doesn't leave until 10 in the morning. The beach is definitely not as busy as the main one in Parga Town. It's lovely and quiet, and there's a few restaurants and a mini market along the water. We had food at the Coral restaurant, but we don't recommend it. They have the usual kind of beach food but the price is too high for the quality of the food. The beach though is really nice and we recommend for everyone who goes to Parga to visit Lichnos beach.Written 23 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Having seen many castles in Greece this one wasnt too different or outstanding but I still had to walk around it to feel and absorb the historyWritten 9 July 2022
- stayed valtos ionian appts which was on the beach side of Parga - great appts for location /friendliness'/cleanliness etc - happy to stay here again - i was told off by owner on last day for using pool before 9am , in my defense as no kids around or party anoimals swim at 8am Quietly on my own i thought was wrong but - the pool is lovely with 10 beds/shade/table/chairs - we walked to beach down hill 10minutes to a nice beach , sunbeds ( 2+ 1 umbrella ) varied from £12-£15 euros , beach drinks £5 euros . food from £9 euros - up hill from beach to valtos ionian £5 but you need it in the heat
Town at night - leave appt then 200mts uphill then a nice slow walk to castle +66steps+down to town +harbour - really nice place , on way down a few nice restuarants , town harbour typical greek i liked it - far side of harbour +town a few livelier bars /tavernas - ask your tavera to book your taxi back 5-£8 euros back
if you have taxi down to town at taxi rank nic ebar (top cafe ) + up street by small supermarket a small bar with shy sport £4 euro a pint + you get a small greek mezze typle plater
Will go back+stay But schedule £20 euro a day for taxi to beach+back+town +back a lovely landlady+kids to greet youWritten 17 July 2022
- Nice beach if you like it a bit more wild than the 2 main beaches in Parga. Good place for snorkling.Written 1 August 2022
- Lovely Church that you can easily reach with a short swim from the small beach of Parga, definitely worth the effort. The small Island is beautiful also for the surroundings and you can go on top of the small hill near the church for some lovely photos of the area.Written 21 July 2020
- The sea is really beautiful and very clean with pebbles and sand .
Caves to explore
It's not crowded because it's remote
Easy to reach and free parking
There is a kantina with cheap selections and decent quality
It has shade from the trees🌳 so you don't need an umbrella necessarily
It has a shower and a changer your swimsuit .
The cantina doesn't have bio disposable straws they had plastic
The beach it self doesn't have recycle binsWritten 27 August 2021
- great day on our Antipaxos and Paxos boat trip. enoyed the views, swimm, tokk lots of photso - sunbath. board early on Vicky F IIWritten 26 August 2018
- Nice "train trip" that gives an overview of the nature around. Clever guide that had a lot to tell about the area and the castle.Written 29 June 2022
- You can walk or catch the mini train from the parga seafront
To this old watermill area and museum... if you walk its a lovely countryside and its on a good road and not on a farm track type of road once there you can take a look around the old buildings or take break in Mylos cafe in the wonderful surroundings.Written 16 June 2022
- This is a beautiful church, the deep blue and gold of the paintings are beautiful.walk up from the sea front from the far end of the town. Church was open, no charge.Written 7 October 2019
- Interesting attraction but mostly for children to play arround, full with kinds what climb on top of it, definitely something you will stumble upon while walking the streets.Written 14 July 2020
- Lovely!!!!!! Amazing experience! Delicious cocktails. Excellent service and very polite staff! Magic view.....Written 8 August 2022
- The distillery does the most amazing cocktails in Parga , the staff and management can’t make you more welcome if they tried
The food is amazingWritten 6 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Parga Municipality
- The best day trips from Parga Municipality according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Full-Day cruise to Antipaxos, Blue Caves and Paxos Island from Parga
- Parga and Sivota Cruise from Corfu
- Magical Meteora from Parga
- Parga and Paxos Boat Trip from Corfu
- Visit Parga and Paxos from Corfu