Popular things to do
- Day Trips
- 4WD Tours
- Historical Tours
- Cultural Tours
- Ancient Ruins
- Cruises, Sailing & Water Tours
- Tours & Sightseeing
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Sacred & Religious Sites
- Transfers & Ground Transport
- Ports of Call Tours
- Churches & Cathedrals
- Sporting Events
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Walking Tours
- Yoga Classes
- Water Sports
- Hammams & Turkish Baths
- Water Parks
Top Attractions in Kós
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Wonderful visit.
We visited plaka forest on a day trip from our hotel and we are so glad we did. Its not glamorous but well worth a visit to see cats and peacocks living together in peace. We were lucky to have arrived there at the same time as the charity kitty's of kefalos who care for the cats living at plaka. They arrives at around 1030 and we were instantly surrounded by the most cats we've ever seen in one place. Kitty's of. Kefalos do a wonderful job raising Money for the cats medical treatment and food. Many of these cats will have been dumped and the charity do amazing work to never put a healthy cat down. They are a registered charity so you can be sure you are not being scammed. There is however an old man that sits near to the cats who is a scammer!!! He leaves a pot out to collect money but we are told he pockets this himself and does not put it back to the cats. Apparently as he leaves cups out and doesn't advertise himself as a charity there is little the real charity can do to get him removed. We are told he occasionally uses kittens to suggest he needs money for their treatment, do not be fooled. If you want to donate the website is kitty's of kefalos.
All in all quite a surreal experience!!!Written 5 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Well worth a visit if you are in a tour of the island as it is quite a spectacular site! But not something that I would dedicate a day to see.
Only things worth noting is that it costs €8 to get in but I wish there was more about the history of the place there are some boards but I was left needing to Google more about it.Written 18 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Nice atmosphere, very friendly people. Hundreds of shops in old town which is a 2 minute walk further however they mostly sell the same things.
Free parking near the dolphin roundabout/harbour if you can find a space!Written 8 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is a must visit site in Kos island! It shows what an important center of civilization Kos is during the centuries.Written 10 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We came to this beach with the idea of course of getting to Kastri Islands - which we did but I felt this place has way more to offer than just renting water sports like some wrote here.
The beach is shallow, especially closer to the ruins and the water very peaceful and clear - good for kids or just for chilling.
The ruins, although barely any elements left to get excited over, still pretty unique.
Then you have the swim or the water sports ride (we rented the water bicycle for 20 EURO and had a blast) to get you to Kastri where you can walk around and enjoyed the views from higher grounds.
The negative - no food/drinks stands so bring your own stuff. Also... no restrooms! This public beach is squeezed between couple hotels and sadly there are no restrooms available to non hotel guests - quite a shame.
Also, most people including us stay on the western side but if you cross the ruins of the basilica there is another nice beach in the same area - both accessible from the same parking lot - attached a couple pictures for that one as well.
TIP: if you want to rent the water bicycles with a slide on it then make sure you reserve one as those usually go first
TIP: the currents are pretty strong in certain areas closer to Kastri and it requires both people to pedal as otherwise it's get difficult to control where you go - though on the other hand just in another area of this beach there is a "channel" marked for the ones who simply want to swim across to KastriWritten 2 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I love everything about Kardamena and the beach is part of this reason. Lovely water, clean sand and plenty of sun beds! Great place to spend a day or two while in the area.Written 6 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A lovely small quiet beach with a great food van above it serving cold beers and lovely food. 8 Euros for 2 beds and a parasol.
We went at the beginning of October and it was not busy (Also due to COVID etc) so I don't know if it would get busy at peak times. It's one of the nicest beaches on the island and well worth a visit.Written 12 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Looked for this place after reading reviews. Did not disappoint. Welcomed by Pappa as soon as we entered & taken to 2 sunbeds. Lovely chilled out beach bar- had a few drinks & then sat in the areas with lots of cushions in for cocktails & food. Superb place - staff serving work all day up & down the beach with orders & all with a smile & sense of humour. Waitress today was brilliant. Pappa has created a real gem here - you MUST go we left around 8pm it was so relaxing didn't want to leave. Will definitely go back as here for 2 weeks in Kos Town. 👍👍❤️❤️❤️Written 22 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Sunday 4th October and we drove to
Limnionas Beach which is located in the southwest of the island.
We had a choice of 3 different bits of beach to choose from. On one side of the road there is a Taverna, Limnionas, on that side the are 2 small secluded sandy coves.
On the other side of the road is the small harbour and a lovely stretch of sandy beach.
That's all that is there, no village. There were no sunbeds or umbrellas on the beach.
It was practically deserted here, the only thing to be heard here was the crystal clear sea lapping up on to the sand.Written 14 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Beautiful beach, calm Sea not too rough, soft sand. We saw lots of fish swimming in the sea around us.Written 17 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Lots of free ancient sites in Kos town to wander around. Some information on boards must have been amazing in its time.Written 25 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Quick transfer with Harriet travels
16 euros each for water park tickets and transfers
Amazing slides, lots of fast ones!Written 12 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Excellent beach, crystal clear waters. Although it was kinda windy day I had a really good time swimming in that beautiful seasideWritten 27 May 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Now open, the impressive remains of Kos Town Castle are free to wander around. It was clearly a huge complex, with what we recognised as an inner and outer ward, enclosed by a large wall, part of which forms the harbour wall.
There is no interpretation to help you make sense of the site, just limited plaques on some of the walls/buildings, so you’ll need to do your homework if you want to know more about the site.
Accessed via a bridge opposite Hippocrates’ Plane Tree, there is still a lot to see and huge numbers of fragments of what was once a very grand and imposing fortress.Written 7 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Kós
- The best day trips from Kós according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Full Day Boat Cruise to 3 Islands
- Full Day 3-Island Boat Cruise from Port of Kos
- Full-Day Tour to Nisyros The Volcano Island
- Independent Day Trip to Kos Island from Bodrum with Transfers
- Uncharted Escapes: Land Rover Sunset Safari Kos