- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
61 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 61
What travellers are saying
- As a chef I was in heaven! Walking through the fish section of the market made my mouth watering, lots of activity in the morning with the fresh seafood, watching the vendors and buyers interact was a bonus, later this place is transformed into a giant vibrant restaurant, find a restaurant to try the fresh seafood prepared or just stroll under the colorful umbrellas that give a festive touch to the area.
AlfredoWritten 5 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- For someone that likes to experience the smells, sights and sounds of how the locals shop this is a good place to stroll.Written 4 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We found this lovely antiques store in the backyard off Via Etnea.
A great selection of ceramics (a lot of famous ceramic artist Simone), silver ware, jewellery fashion, vintage handbags, porcellaine.... The prices are fair and the products of high quality.
The very nice owner invited us to a coffee and we sat together in front of her shop and had a nice little chat.
A visit here will be mandatory for me on each of my future Catania trips!Written 19 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Latienda is the first "sicilian high quality and low environmental impact " artshop in Italy.
Featured artists are the result of over ten years of experience and effort in the contemporary art field by the owners. You can buy their products such as pins, posters, postcards, notebooks, made in collaboration with the artists themselves, starting from 2 €/piece.
A tip: don't be shy and chat a little with Vanessa & Alessandro before you go. You will not be disappointed!Written 9 January 2015
- We went to Etna with Fabio, which was a very good trip. He is definitely one of the Italians we understood the most, and the trips was excellent.
Etna is a must see and we were told many details about the Vulcans and had plenty of opportunity to explore the Vulcan ourselves.Written 7 August 2022
- Efficient, on time and professional sevice, perfect! Easy to book and confirmation via whatsapp helped ensure pickup location and time.Written 15 August 2022
- Excellent tour with Salvo, I had a totally unique experience as we travelled almost completely alone in different locations. I selected the Etna/Alcantara tour and got extensive explanation throughout the day (8am to 3pm), including a stop at a local honey producer, which also offered olive oil and wine tasting! Air conditioned Jeep, we stopped for lunch and I had a typical Sicilian pizza. Ample time for photo breaks and the weather was just perfect !Written 28 July 2020
- We have been going to Sicily for these past 6 years and Porte Di Catania is a place we normally visit. It is a big shopping mall where one can find almost everything. With good food outlets, free Wi-Fi and plenty of shops of all goods.Written 11 June 2018
- Bought a handbag that turned out to be a real show stopper. Seller is quite talented and very reliable. Don't miss this. You can also visit her online to see some of the beautiful creations she has for sale.Written 7 June 2020
- Enjoyable after glass ands accompaniments. Lovely people from the enoteca. Lovely Sicilian wine. All for a reasonable cost for 2 people. Beautiful shop with ceramics as well as wine & foodWritten 23 May 2022
- A small but packed shop, well worth taking your time to browse due to the extensive range of Sicilian products. Open 7 days a week, with english speaking staff.
We purchased wine and spirits before we realised getting them home ourselves would be an issue. Nelson ship so problem solved. Full tracking / notification and extremely well packaged on arrival. Recommended.Written 13 October 2019
- Served by the very welcoming, helpful and English speaking Charlotte, we were very impressed that we were offered tastes of the produce before buying many unique Sicilian gifts to take home to Australia. We look forward to the online store opening soon.Written 25 August 2018
- My friend and I were just wandering around. We had just visited Taormina and Siracusa, and was in Catania for a day so we had already been into more than a few specialty shops. And it was here that we finally found the Bronte pistachios my friend had been searching for as a gift to her sister. How precious! The owner of the shop, an older gentleman is a lovely man. Sometimes, you don't have to speak the same language to feel genuine warmth and interest. It was also here that I saw again, the unique Sicilian lemon squeezer. I would not have purchased them if it hadn't been for the owner politely explaining to me how to use it. My Greek husband who uses lemons all the time is so thrilled with it and for the smile on his face when he heard about the shop and the owners there is no better gift. Thank you!Written 6 October 2018
- Friends of mine are animal lovers, so when we came across this fantastic shop, walking through Via Etnea, they just couldn't believe their luck. Aristopet is a fantastic gem with everything anyone would dream to find for their beloved pet. From particular collars to toys of various shapes and sizes. Healthy options and different accessories your pet will definitely enjoy. I would say that Aristopet is the most equipped Pet Shop in central Catania. Not to be missed!!!Written 15 February 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Catania
- These are the best places for groups seeking shopping in Catania:See more shopping for groups in Catania on Tripadvisor