- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
139 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 139
What travellers are saying
- Getting here was a bit complicated. We tried to save money and take the Citi bus but it dropped us far away. We landed up takin uber for the last 1km or so.
We had not booked tickets so we stood in line (as per the ushers instruction) till we notices self-serve ATM like kiosk which we could use a cc to buy tickets. That saved us a lot of time.
We had no wait and were up in jiffy.
The cable car ride was nice and views were great.Written 8 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A nice and relatively easy hike that leads to some amazing views of cape town. In winter, it was cold, especially given its so windy, so take layers!Written 8 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were fortunate to have the rains break. We had a lovely day for Table Mountain. Make reservations before you go! We took the funicular up the mountain and walked the vast area... beauty is everywhere! There is a cafe at the top and lots of trails to explore.Written 15 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The wine was so good.Henry was an amazing company!. Had a blast with good food, great wine and wonderful company.Written 31 December 2019
- this was a perfect day out hiking and swimming in gordons bay. highly reccommended! medium level of fittness required…. moderate heights.
booking permits in advance is essential.Written 15 June 2022
- I don’t like to see wild animals restrained in a small area for life. But I believe the volunteers at this facility have good motives and are dedicated to protecting this beautiful species. The dog program seems like a good idea. Provides trained dogs to local farmers so that they will allow the dogs to scare off cheetah and other predators instead of using lethal measures to protect livestock.
The handlers and guides were very nice and knowledgeable and genuinely interested in our having a good experience. We were able to stroke the animals.Written 16 June 2022
- Great Fun….. out for the day with young children and great entertainment. Good supervision and well controlled. Has a bar area for the adults and the take away food was enjoyable.Written 19 April 2022
- It was an experience to remember, a little cloudy on the day that I hiked up, but got to see a picturesque landscape so all worth it in the end. Oh and not forgetting the encouragement from all the hikers descending the mountain, beautiful people.Written 14 December 2021
- For someone who was soooo afraid to do this (and terribly afraid of heights), this was such an amazing experience and the guys made me (and the group) feel very very safe. The views are incredible and even the hike back through India Venster is something amazing. I would recommend this over and over again and would totally do it many more times!Written 15 February 2022
- Family of 4, kids 8 and 11. Great seeing all of the animals in the wild, we saw hippos, rhinos, elephants, giraffes, springboks, buffalo and even the elusive aardvark. If you are going when we went, July 2022, (their winter) PACK WARM CLOTHES! It is wooly hats, down jackets and gloves cold on the jeeps despite the blankets. And we are from Canada.
Other than that (and I’ll be the first to admit that we should have been more prepared) it was great. Our guide Joannes was super knowledgeable and an expert driver. Food was great, and contrary to some reviews, piping hot and delivered with very friendly and competent service. Room was immaculate and huge, (if cold due to winter) - bathroom rivalled anywhere we’ve stayed. If you’re comparing this and Aquila, they’re owned by the same people; inverdoorn is one hour further away from capetown on a punishing gravel road and Aquila appears to be more kid oriented; probably would have been better for us. Having said that inverdoorn was magical and both us and the kids had an amazing time.Written 12 July 2022
- Another wonderful Monday night with the Magic Club! One Crazy China was just that! Larry Soffer is incredible! Magic Man cracks me up... great MC. Thank you Marcel Oudejans for the fabulous fun you bring to Cape Town.Written 13 November 2018
- Thorougly entertaining. Very professional staff ensuring complete safety. A must for any visitor to Cape Town.Written 12 July 2022
- Absolutely amazing. Awesome team at high 5 tandem paragliding. Thanks Ruurd and Brett. Take in the beauty of capetown over sea point.Written 30 October 2021
- It is hard to play favorites, but we were able to capture what I would consider several premium sightings. My wife is an elephant lover, and this was her first adventure to visit them in the wild. She was ecstatic when sitting in our jeep watching a couple of elephants turned into 50 strong breeding herd with males, females' babies of all ages wondering around us curiously while we sat for hours watching them socialize and interact.
In addition, we saw a leopard with her cud and an antelope kill, a lion pride and their Kudu kill, a pair of sparring waterbuck antelope in the water, birds galore Baboons, etc. all were very active.
There were many unexpected treats such as sitting in out jeep near a water hole and behind us came an elephant and went through tits drinking ritual following by the Hippos jumping from the water in evening play.
We were visiting after a month on rain, so everything was green, but the animals had plenty of water and were spread out. Our guides were not discouraged and were tenacious about finding sightings for us. Their knowledge showed during this entire trip and all of our guides were delightful.
Our adventure started in Cape Town went through Botswana and ended in Lake Kariba. It was a great mix with the city to the camp's and ending with Victoria falls and a lake side camp. The Elephant Camp was a treat when we got to personally feed the elephants and they served the best hamburger I have ever eaten. Coming from a former rancher of 15 years this is saying a lot.
I would highly recommend Mahlatini and Steve to assist in any of your African adventures.Written 8 August 2022
- We originally had booked a hike up Table Mountain itself, but with the cable car closed for seasonal maintenance, we didn't want to hike both up and down, so we pivoted to Lion's Head. And- we are glad we did! This was the right mix of challenge, fun, and views for our group, and the day we went Table Mountain was shrouded in clouds and that hike would not have been fun or rewarding. The views from the top of Lion's Head are amazing, and our guide Mike was great at giving us local perspective, some plant and animal knowledge, and providing the tips on the route (most of the group did the chains, and highly recommends that path!).
During the booking process, Riann and team were great at working with us on selecting a route and evaluating our options.Written 13 August 2022