- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
8 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- So I finally made it to ERA, as they are closing down...But damn, this place is fantastic! The Funktion One sound system is the business and places the focus solely on the music. So you KNOW this place has it's priorities right! The decor is sleek, and futuristic. When I arrived, the dj was playing some progressive house, then effortlessly slid into some deep house, then more prog, but then went techy and some italian chords over deep house beats. And a sprinkle of tranciness to round it out! The staff are really friendly, which is a rare thing these days. I can't believe that such an music institution is closing it's doors. It's one of the best music destinations since Rush, Pure and Deluxe.Written 11 August 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The club is beautifully put together... from the luxurious decor to the beautiful hostess that great you at the door. Service is great especially if you have reserved a table in the various seating areas in the club. The music is amazing, I was there on a Saturday night and the music was a good mix of commercial house and sexy house. There was safe parking behind the club so no no need for parking issues. BONUS ! Overall, I absolutely love this club and would recommend it to locals and tourist.Written 2 December 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a stunning evening! The VIP section was so secure and the staff was very attentive. Our table was kept clean and the "crew" member was so polite every time we needed something. Loved the vibe, but it did get a bit stuffy when the club got packed. I'll definitely be going there again.Written 7 November 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great friendly dance classes. Well organised, three levels and a social. I felt very welcome by everyone. Shame I don't live in Cape Town so I could make it regularly.Written 4 October 2017
- Two dance floors. Seating areas. Would recommend if you like Deep House music. Drinks are fairly priced. Open till 4.00am.Written 8 September 2018
- The Loop Has an great setting compare to most of the Night Bars in Cape Towm. As you enter, down the passage there is some one ready to take your coats and bags while you go and have a great time. A long Bar area which is great for a busy night , a cozy corner whith cushions and couches if you just wish to relax, a spacious dance floor, VIP Lounge upstaires and the best part is you dont have to worry about your hair smelling like smoke the next morning from all the smokers because there is a separate closed off smoking section. I would definitely recommend it for a great night with friends or loved one.Written 4 April 2013
- Careful of being drawn in by the large rainbow flag the drew me into The Crew web. Everyone seemed very friendly at first (almost too friendly). Beware, there is no Wifi, making this creepy place even more of a trap. I paid one of the bartenders for access through his mobile hotspot to call an uber. I mistakenly left my prescription glasses. I came back two days later and was happy to see the bartender recognize me and tell me they had my glasses. Unfortunately, one of the bar employees decided to take them home with him. I was told they would be returned in two days when the employee came back to work. Everyone seemed so nice, I decided to stay. The straight bartenders (they're sexy but somehow a gay bar run by all straight people doesn't sit well with me) kept pushing me for a $30 "body shot". After having enough drinks, I gave in but felt like I was on the losing end of a bad sales pitch after I did it. The energy didn't feel right. When we left the bar, we were immediately approached by one of the bouncers trying to sell us drugs. We walked three feet down the street and were accosted by a drugged out Nigerian who stole my phone. It felt like a total setup. We told someone to call the police and the bar manager (Teach) claimed to call and the guy on the other end of the phone just laughed at me. The phone was retrieved but everyone wanted reward money. It cost almost $100 to feed everyone's greed. Yes...it could have been worse if it wasn't recovered but it was obvious these guys were working together in some sort of a scam. I spoke to other people in the gay community and they agreed that the whole place is sketchy. I did return two days later and the glasses were there. I refused to walk into the bar and waited outside for them. This was an absolutely horrible experience. It is a true tourist trap (I felt like I was in a horror movie) and the place smells like desperation. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place. #houseofwaxWritten 21 January 2019