Popular things to do
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- This little "enclave" cement pool in the Ocean should only be attempted at High Tide, You should stand on the back of the pool wall and let the wave take you in, its too much fun & enjoyment, my best pool in the Ocean ever. It is a quaint little pool. If you have small children they would enjoy playing in the pool whilst you sit on the wall on the side.
Do not go on 26 December or 1 January of the New Year. The masses descends here as these two days are National Beach days for may working class people who can only get OFF of work these two days & then the beach strips are unpleasantly FULL.Written 7 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing restaurant with a beautiful view. Great Italian dishes with real pasta. And it was not expensive in a stunning restaurant.Written 6 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good views from the car but no viewpoints or places to stop, unless you Mount the kerb and park on the pavement. So you can’t fully appreciate the views.Written 2 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Muizenberg catwalk takes you from the Muizies bathing huts through Dangers and all the way to Kalk Bay. It's a lovely walk, especially if you stop at the rock pools at low tide. You can look for starfish. Look, don't touch. Only do this walk on weekends and at peak hours as it's prone to muggers. The law enforcement team takes residents for a safe daily walk on the catwalk, so check in with their officers about times.Written 10 November 2023
- Although along the cape peninsula drive route, this museum is sadly sometimes overlooked. Showcasing a history of the local police and constabulary, the evolution of the uniformed personnel keeping the streets safe and also the everyday objects that had filled their workweek. Interestingly, this museum is packed with information. If with time, do visit.Written 2 February 2017
- When you pass through, stop over, or live in or near Muizenberg, do not fail to visit Edsons Buthchery. It is rare to find a worthwhile competitor to big chain stores selling free range meat and fresh, locally sourced products and, what is more, it does so in the heart of old Muizenberg.
This shop is a must: support the preservation of historical sites, and locavore initiatives.Written 8 March 2019
- One of the oldest buildings in South Africa and very close to Muizenberg railway station and visible when driving on the main road to Kalkbay. It was built in 1742 by the Dutch East India Company as a toll-house to levy a tax on farmers passing by to sell their produce to ships lying in Simon’s Bay.
The house was restored in the eighties and is now a historical building.Written 10 July 2018
- The place is spacious and clean, friendly management and staff. Great indoor and outdoor areas for kids to play supervised. Great overall experience.Written 7 November 2018
- Just one of the quaint little stores that line both sides of the street. They ooze with their own little charm, a must see.Written 26 July 2016
- What I like about the Muizenberg Slides is that it is close to home and its at a great location with beautiful views of the mountain and sea. Other than that, it is reasonably priced and a good way for the kids to have fun. Its great to be there off peak season, then the kids really enjoy it as they can have more slides at a faster pace. Peak season the queue's can be very long. The place is well managed and kept clean and there is ample parking (off peak season when it changes)Written 16 January 2017
- Really helpful and the surfboard and wetsuit were of high quality. Instructor was also brilliant (nick g) and gave some great tips to move my surfing along.Written 10 January 2020
- Really felt at home here, they even let my dog in and made him feel comfortable. Great range of products and for some reason ladies swimsuits are on constant promotion. A must to check out when you are in Muizenberg, you might just meet the legendary owner himself when you are there. Also they have parking just across the road if you in a hurry.Written 19 September 2019
- Definitely a fun time with friends or family. This fincinity boasts 2 courses, one easy and one hard. And with the sound of the waves of Muizenberg Beach playing in the background, it makes for a great outdoor activity. The staff is friendly and helpful and the amenities are well maintainedWritten 7 July 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Muizenberg
- The best day trips from Muizenberg according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Table Mountain, Penguins & Cape Point Small Group Tour from Cape Town
- Half Day Boulders Penguins and Cape Point Small Group Tour
- From Cape Town: Table Mountain, Cape of Good Hope & Penguins including Park Fees
- Cape of Good Hope & Penguins Small Group Tour from Cape Town
- Cape of Good Hope and Penguins Full-Day Tour from Cape Town