Popular things to do
- Bus Tours
- Day Trips
- Water Parks
- Archaeology Tours
- Theme Parks
- Full-day Tours
- Shopping Malls
- Half-day Tours
- City Tours
- Skip-the-Line Tours
- Photography Tours
- Self-guided Tours & Rentals
- Night Tours
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Cultural Tours
- Historical Tours
- Art Tours
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Top Picks
- Likely to Sell Out
- Special Offers
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Viator Exclusive Tours
- Day Spas
Top Attractions in Cancun
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Nice place to visit, local shops with competitive prices and big range of souvenirs, if you want better price I would suggest Marina Town Center.
Good place to grab something to eat & drink.
If you planning shopping in design outlets - be prapair to pay a lot more than in UK or US... stuff are really overpriced.Written 23 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It was amazing everyone was so nice especially Cesar our advisor and he was the best at doing his job and entrainmentWritten 26 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Excellent option for parents with small kids or those who don’t want to travel long to experience Mayan culture.Very nice museum with ancient Mayan artifacts and modern art. Very well maintained and interesting. I was pleasantly surprised. A must visit for anyone staying in Cancun. Even if you see the major Mayan artifacts, this is a must go place. Pleasant staff and Covid-safe place.Written 15 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- If you pay for a round trip using their ferry you can go on to the tower for free, so do it, cuz paying 15 USD por a 10 minute ride not worth it.Written 22 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The longest avenue in Cancun will take you point A to B in Cancun. Public buses readily available. It costs $12 pesos (Dec.2021) to ride each way. It is worth to see the local landscape outside of your hotel.Written 16 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My family and I did the Royal Swim with Paula, Diego and Nala. These was a fantastic experience that I would recommend to you anyone.
Paula was incredibly knowledgeable and honest on all things Dolphin. Diego and Nala were so fun to interact with. Such amazing creatures to share a space with.
For my wife and 4 teen girls to all agree that it was a ton of fun while learning something about Dolphins and their environment is priceless.
We will be back again next time we are on vacation in the area. Thanks again Paula, Diego and Nala.Written 23 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This has to be one of my favorite parks by Xcaret. I had so much fun at this park with my sisters, I plan on visiting again in the future. Alex and Osiel at Dragonfly were great and friendly. Jojo at Barracuda was a great guide! I recommend closed water shoes and if you plan on drinking at the park, you will have to turn in your helmet and will no longer be allowed to participate in any activities for the rest of day. My visit was May 2022.Written 17 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A "long rectangle" lined with ruin structures along both sides is this site (actually I would say more of an "appearance of long length" due to its fairly narrow width but yes you can walk back that length in like 5 minutes from the far end after seeing all the structures) where I was most impressed by these two temples or palaces with multiple rows of short vertical pillars which quite likely is a style "unique to the Yucatan" having seen one such structure at the small San Miguelito site adjacent to the big Mayan Museum right in Cancun & was also to see later on another one at Chichen-Itza (on a "grander scale" though with a lot more rows of those pillars) but having seen none such structure at the sites further down south in Central America (Copan, Tikal & Xunantunich) and also later on at Teotihuacan which is outside the Yucatan. In any case, not much time is needed at this site with all the structures being "relatively small" which are also either roped off or with signs on their steps not to go up (also another uniqueness of the management style or such of the sites in the Yucatan with the site structures "just for viewing", unlike those outside the Yucatan where I was able to go up their pyramids & such to enjoy those structures "up close").
And nearby, actually pretty much just across the street from this site (to the left on Blvd. Kukulcan after coming out of here and across the street shortly afterward) is a "viewing deck" overlooking the beautiful Playa Delfines (with a number of straw umbrellas on that "pretty wide" beach) & the "deep-blue" sea beyond and where also to do is a nice photo-op with the big colorful 'Cancun' sign at just steps away from the deck. Also, not too close to this site but just at a 5-to-10-minute bus ride to the north (from across Blvd. Kukulcan where there's actually a bus stop right in front of the 'Cancun' sign) is Museo Maya de Cancun with the adjacent small ruin San Miguelito (as mentioned above) where yes both the indoor displays & the outdoor ruin are "fairly average" but overall a worthwhile site.Written 23 January 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We walked here from the R1 bus stop, it’s full of locals having food and using the playground. A few stalls to buy souvenirs at good prices. Had one of the best burritos ever and then also tried the churros. A must visit!Written 23 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Went to fulfil my girlfriends dream of swimming with dolphins and even though originally not something I was overly fussed about it was a great experience. Staff were great and extremely knowledgeable and the dolphins demonstrated all their tricks and training brilliantly and all the usually stunts. They offer a range of packages, all of which are considerably cheaper if booked online. We paid for the premium experience which was priced at $111 online or pay on the door for $159. The package also included an aquarium trek, where you could interact with various fish and hold starfish. This was also a brilliant experience. The whole package is billed as 45mins with the dolphins and 20mins trek which I found good value. The real downside however is the cost of the photos they take. For dolphin photos alone prices start at $196 and range to $320!! Individual photos were $80!! For our dolphin and trek photos they were willing to do a deal at $250!! I fully understand the cost of upkeep of the aquarium etc but this really puts a negative on the experience has you either pay the price or walk away with just memories in your mind. I'm sure this could definitely be an area that can be improved and if more options were available at cheaper prices then the aquarium would get a lot more sales.Written 29 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- New development area. It has an open mall with local/Mexican and international brands. Lots of restaurants for all pockets (very expensive, medium and cheap ones). Also movies theatres, cafes and a shore path trail where we went to see big boats and view.Written 16 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My friend and I used Ultramar to travel from our resort in Cancun to the gorgeous Isla Mujeres islands. They are on a very strict schedule which I appreciated, because if you miss one, the next will come in the next hour which they do really well staying on track. They have live music on the boat which is really nice for the local musicians, who are all so talented and authentic!
My group did do the snorkelling excursion with one of the sales reps, Eric, and he was amazing and very assuring and reliable! There were a few groups before us so once we docked, my friends and I had some time to explore the beautiful island then it was our time to leave on another boat to go out and snorkel!
It was amazing! The water is so clear and can definitely tell the fishes are very familiar with people. They will swim all around you! We did go on a day with a bit of wind. It was bearable if you are a strong swimmer, the waves are not too large with the amount of wind we had, but for me, I am not the best deep sea swimmer, I had a hard time keeping up. Thankfully our guide had a life ring you could grab onto to catch a breath or just hang onto while he tugs you around so you can still look under the water and see the wildlife. So if you are not used to deep sea swimming, do not go on a windy day!!!!
Finally, we ended out day on another island for lunch! It was pretty fair for being included in the price of the excursion. I believe it varies depending on the package you get, my group got access to the buffet, we did not have drinks included. I saw other tables had their plates pre made and brought to them including drinks so it just varies but it was all the same food. Overall I had fun!Written 9 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The little restaurants in the middle had AMAZING food with reasonable prices! But yes, expect big time haggling throughout the entire market. Lots of things repeat in many stalls.Written 18 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A secluded beach that is totally worth driving to it.
They will charge you $100 pesos to get here after the gate.
Just drive all the way north on avenida bonampak and you will get here.
They have a small restaurant that serves really good seafood, the staff is friendly and the place superb.Written 30 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Cancun
- The best day trips from Cancun according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Chichen Itza, Cenote and Valladolid All-Inclusive Tour
- 3-in-1 Discovery Combo Tour: Tulum Ruins, Reef Snorkeling Plus Cenote and Caves
- Chichen Itza Monolingual Tour, Buffet Lunch, Cenote,Tequila tasting & Valladolid
- Sailing Experience to Isla Mujeres in a Catamaran with Open Bar
- Priority Access: Xcaret Day Trip with Transportation