Speciality Museums • Libraries
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
8 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- I visted as staying in the area for a Skerryvore gig in Darvel. A special trip was made as nrver visited before and a temporary Grayson Perry tapestry exhibition was on. There was so much to see, snd good to see the library open too. Lots of local history exhibited plus some good artwork. Well worth a visit if in the area, all staff very helpfulWritten 20 July 2022
- Just love walking through these doors. The staff are so helpful especially when it comes to a tech novice like me trying to print/scan/ photocopy. Nice sofa's for us auld yins to rest on.Written 4 May 2022
- This is a small but perfectly formed library built in the 1800s housing some interesting non fiction local history books among its stock. Its in the towns main street and has a large number of internet PCs available for use, including non members with ID. Handy for printing off your airline boarding pass and a lot cheaper than turning up at check-in without one! Just down the road from the Robert Burns visitor attraction and a nice old traditional pub in the opposite direction.Written 3 September 2014
- Excellent Modern Library Facility -Located within Alloway Primary School; Grounds. Friendly staff - knowledgable about what the Library has to offer - and on what is of interest in the local area - including the numerous Robert Burns attractions (4 within 10 minutes walk from the LIbrary. Free Parking in immediate area - suitable for the Disabled.Written 13 October 2017
- I really like the new signage outside and it's great to see it open again serving the local community.Written 16 August 2017
- If you're visiting Girvan, you'll see this welcoming place on your right to explore about your journey to Whisky, we were offered to try some of their best Whisky from A D Rattray, which you can also purchase and don't forget to ask for a free Whisky Map!Written 29 December 2019
- Girvan Tourism İnformation Centre is run by lovely local people. The centre has plenty of good advice from the volunteers with detailed information. You can sit down and read while you enjoy the refreshing wiev.Written 23 July 2022