- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
5 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- Rented a canoe from Flamingo and did a nice long paddle. In general, the trail was easy to follow but in a couple of places either poles are missing or poorly placed, so we had to do a bit of backtracking on occasion. Lovely sense of peace and calm out on the water, though.Written 22 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Wow! Love the Everglades! We caught over 10 species of fish, Pompano, redfish, sea trout, sugar trout, whiting, black tip shark, bonnet head shark…
One place we went to, was like a fish market…pulling them in like crazy!!Written 10 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I've always wanted to paddles in the Everglades and Dave K. made it possible. The opportunity to see untouched Florida by kayak is an unparalleled experience. We paddled through big water, mangrove caves and even the Gulf of Mexico. Dave made the trip a breeze (excellent cooked meals and lots of hot coffee!!). While primitive camping may not be for everyone, it's the only way to do this trip right. Don't overpack: really, you CAN fit everything in a 5 liter drybag. I would recommend doing some core work before hand and investing in good paddling gloves, camp pants and both spray on and insect repellent wipes. The bugs were pretty aggressive, the gators, not so much. I enjoyed both the solitude and the easy camaraderie with the other guests.
In short, this is a trip very much worth doing. But listen to Dave's instructions and do some Googling so you know exactly where you are going and boned up a bit on the flora,fauna and local history. It will enhance your experience.Written 26 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Caren was an excellent guide in the Everglades National Park. I first looked into the tour because my son has a year of high school German under his belt, but the rest of us do not. From the website, I could tell tours are offered in German, English and bilingual.
The English tour was awesome! I am so glad we choose the wet walk because it is nothing like anything I’ve done before. Canoeing was memorable too! Five stars. We learned so much about the area, so much more than on our own. Thanks German Tours for a great experience.Written 5 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My 14 yo son and I decided that dad needed to go bass fishing. I spent an enormous amount of time online trying to find the right business that I could trust. When I came across Captain Dave, read the reviews, called the office, I knew I found a winner. The gentleman that took my call was patient with my dozens of questions and full of great info. When I connected with Captain Dave he too was patient, very helpful and quite professional. He and I exchanged a few emails to establish all the details. As this was a Father's Day present Captain Dave even made a gift certificate for me! And now the fishing trip -my husband and son had a GREAT time. They spent four hours on the water, saw lots of wildlife and caught many fish. They had a great time with Captain Dave; they loved his sense of humor and expert knowledge. When they came home they were talking about booking another trip with Dave!Written 24 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.