Bodies of Water • Beaches
What travellers are saying
- Today we arrived in Sodwana we are staying at a rustic bush camp called Sodwana Bay Lodge58 The thatched cabins are everything that makes me jumpy, my fears of snakes and unknown insects abounds. It was not our first choice but given our decision to go where the spirit moved us and not to plan, we must accept that not all will go our way all the time. The food on offer was basic and so we choose to go and eat out out on our first night there. The breakfast was nothing to write home about. It was not our best choice of stay but I have no regrets that we chose to visit Sodwana Bay. It is a hidden gem known only to the subs divers and the legions of foreign visitors with very few of any local tourists.Written 10 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What an adventure! Pieter, Frans (sp?), Sipo (sp?), and all the crew with Amoray Diving were super friendly and professional. The crew takes care of everything for you: from dive gear fitting to on-time shuttles to and from Mseni Beach Resort. My fiance and I are definitely coming back--and we're bringing friends! Thank you for making our dive experience in Sodwana Bay so memorable.Written 4 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a unique experience during our 5 days of diving at Adventure Mania in Sodwana. Everything seems very organized and safety is the top priority. Of course, the whole thing is paired with a good mood and a lot of fun. The dives are comparatively long, 50 bar or 50 minutes. Sometimes it was even over 60 minutes. Every diver will appreciate this. We can definitely recommend everyone to dive with Adventure Mania! Thank you for the great diving days. We'll definitely see each other again in the future... 😉Written 26 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I have experienced several dive operators in Sodwana. Pisces is my favourite. They really care about their guests and make sure they have a good time.
Also in 2023 they are going strong.
Pisces is a small family owned and run company with dedicated super friendly people like Louis, Anna, Paul, Savanna, Naide etc . This makes it a better experience than te large companies that have a more factory approach.
Especially when diving with kids the Pisces approach to diving is great as there will be no pressure making it uncomfortable for the kids as well.
Also safety is important for Pisces, you can sense this in the small but important details.
Highly recommended!Written 8 August 2023
- Thanks to Digger,Mich, Chester and their team for the amazing diving and for fitting us in and seeing to our needs. What a wonderful team. Such incredible dive sites. Look forward to returning.Written 1 December 2022
- The best part of Reefteach is the very personal treatment I enjoyed. Everybody at Reefteach had my best experience as their first priority. I could not have asked for friendlier or more knowledgeable staff. Thank you for the best dives every. Keep up the good work.Written 14 September 2020
- Rika and Kobus are the most amazing hosts. You are welcomed immediately and we felt right at home instantly. The dives are very well managed and safety is priority which made me feel comfortable right away. Kobus provided us with a refresher as we had not dived in a while. He was brilliant and i wish i had done my initial qualification through his dive school. Emoyeni dive lodge is such a lovely place with fantastic facilities. Our stay was such a treat and we returned to life in the city very well rested with lots of adventure stories about our dives. The reefs in Sodwana are beyond stunning and world class. I will return as soon as life allows!Written 28 May 2020
- Thanks for a great experience out in the ocean. The kids and myself absolutely enjoyed the experience.
Affordable rates. I would recommend putting some signage up at your beach spot gazebo. We walked 5km in that boiling hot sand trying to you guys.
Also stayed at the venue which was cute. The toilet outside was actually a nice bush experience. We didn't have a blanket on the bed and it did get quite chilly early hours of the morning so not sure if you have to take your own.
Janis was very accommodating as it was a last minute bookingWritten 31 December 2016
- Excellent dive charter, the owner, Francois, is an excellent skipper and very friendly. Nothing too difficult for him to sort out, really enjoyed diving with him.Written 7 July 2019
- Peter, the owner, literally stopped a Loggergead Turtle from completing her egg laying! He uses bright white lights (should use red), and when the turtle was laying, he touched her and dug a hole behind her (when she had only started laying eggs) which caused the pregnant turtle to run away. She should have laid 100 eggs for an endangered species, but instead laid ~5 and ran away. The other tour group, led by a different operator, was completely upset that Peter was so reckless and that apparently it’s not the first time. Choose a different operator. Peter should be out of business!Written 20 December 2022
Sodwana Attractions Information