Military Museums • Speciality Museums
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
81 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 81
What travellers are saying
Skønt museum. Ikke super børnevenligt, men mest målrettet voksne. Mange plancher med meget tekst, hvilket godt kunne blive lidt tungt. Men de mange historier fra søslagene, og de mange ting man kunne gå og kigge gå gjorde det spændende at udforske udstillingerne. Museet holder en neutralitet gennem hele udstillingen, hvilket jeg var glad for. Der var ikke nogle skurke eller helte, blot soldater. Og så berørte det mig virkelig at gå og læse om de mange skibe og besætningsmedlemmer det gik tabt, og så bagefter gå i mindeparken og se de mange mindesten. En oplevelse der kan anbefales.
Great museum. Not super child friendly, but mostly targeted at adults. Lots of posters and lots of text made out a little heavy. But many stories of the sea battles and many items to look at made it an interesting museum to explore. The museum kept a neutral standpoint throughout the exhibition and I appreciate that. There are no heroes and villains, just marines. It also really affected me to read about the many shibs and crewmembers which were lost, and then walk through the memorial park afterwards. A recommendable experience.Written 27 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I went with a family member who recommended this site. Its an impressive place to visit. There are cliffs for a great view of the North Sea. I think the North Sea can be a wild place for sailors and ships. Its often very windy to put it mildly. We had a snakc in the cafe which was excellent.Written 1 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was a good trip and I would suggest it to small children also, where they Revso closed to the sea life
Even it is a relatively small, but you can have a real good time, specially with crabs 😊😊
It is best to visit it in summer and enjoy the rest of the day by the near sea
Worth to visitWritten 8 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very touching memorial of all the ships and lives lost in the Battle of Jutland. I'd say it doesn't warrant a trip to Thyborøn in itself, but if you're here and strolling the beach you should make sure to visit.Written 18 September 2018
- They have a good time table with a lot of ferry times so you never have to wait long. The way to Agger is beautiful for kilometers you drive ‘through’ the water at both sides of the roadWritten 8 August 2020
- This is a marvelous example of shell folk art and a neat story about an artistic and dedicated man who wanted to create something beautiful for his wife. The museum is very small but inexpensive and well worth the visit.
Truly unique in the world and absolutely worth the visit if you are ever in the area. <3Written 27 September 2020
- Cozy small harbour with a nice laid back ambience. Great ice cream and fast food during summer, and a nice beach near by.Written 15 May 2016
- Nice little harbour town. As well as the harbour itself as the inner shopping streets are worth visiting!Written 8 August 2020
- At Bovbjerg the most impressive is of course the "Vesterhavet. Don't miss to walk down to the beach and sense the power of the waves. The Bovbjerg lighthouse is definitely also worth a visit. However, my favourite is this pearl of a small art museum where you can see where the painter Jens Søndergaard lived for many years and experience some of his paintings of what can be seen just outside.Written 18 October 2015
- First of all thanks for the curator for the detailed information about the exhibitions. Fantastik museum, small so that you can walk it in, 5 minutes, but you can admire the art for howers. The two gates are a must. Sculptures beyond imagination. First by Lisa Engelhardt just radiates energy, second, The word in multitude of languages is simple but intriguing. Worth visit to Lemvig on its ownWritten 29 April 2018
- A lovely oasis. Stroll quietly, sit mindfully. A beautiful place. Tiny but huge ... a foreign land in it’s own right. Thank you.Written 19 July 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Lemvig