Top Attractions in Kommetjie
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Imhoff farm is worth a visit. The most delicious pies and winter soups ! You can sit inside or get it as a take-away. Was lovely visiting the animals in their section of the farm. Well kept and neat.Written 1 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Would recommend a walk from Kommetjie to the lighthouse on the board walk , then go past the lighthouse along the seafront towards the campsite and eventually to a very nice rock pool for a swimWritten 23 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This past Sunday I had the good fortune to revisit Long Beach Kommetjie for my grandson Levi’s surfing contest.It was immediately apparent to me that over the almost fifty years that I have been visiting how picturesque it still is and how the very sensible improvements have added to its appeal and charm.
It was also very well maintained and clean and the ablutions had been significantly improved.Because of its consistent wave the various surf contests at all levels are mostly held here.To all traveller’s visiting the area I sincerely recommend a visit this gorgeous location.Written 11 November 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Long Beach is spectacular; though can be very windy and the water is very cold if you want a swim without a wetsuit! Definitely worth a walk at the very least.Written 22 December 2020
- Pepe Charlot is a boutique cheesery inside the Imhoff Farm. The resident cheesemaker, Genève Braaf, is a miracle worker, who has been producing incredible cheeses for over a decade. I have only had the opportunity to taste her goats' milk cheeses (which she carefully produces using vegetarian rennet not to offend anybody's religious feelings). I have been to a few specialist cheeseries in France, but these were the best goats' milk cheeses I have ever tasted by a substantial margin. It is indeed amazing to find such skill this far out from the more renowned cheeseries in Stellenbosch. I am sure cheeseries must be in a scramble to get Ms Braaf. Pepe Charlot should thank his lucky stars to have her manning his cheesery.Written 1 January 2019
- My mum and I had a wonderful morning learning how to make cold pressed soap at Scented Life. It was one of the highlights of our trip to Kommetjie!Written 3 May 2017
- The T'Kaashuys Imhoff is something else!! The presentation was extremely well done and I have yet to go to a tasting regardless of the product which was so accurate on the pallet!! The flavors of the cheeses tasted were pure and not confusing which makes for great cheese. If you are looking for a rich flavored cheese then you need go no further than Kommetjie. The prices are not bargain basement but then again you are getting a real Cheese!!!!Written 6 March 2020
- It was a great experience with even better service. The tour is very informative and a real enlightenment to see how everything is made.Written 25 November 2021
- I met Thomas Schrick from African Outdoor Adventures shortly after arriving in Moshi. He was very helpful in making decisions about how to spend our 2-weeks in Moshi. We were able to postpone our 7-day Machame for a week and were able to go on a safari with another tour company with Tom's guidance. It was very clear that Thomas was interested in helping us to make our trip an unforgettable experience.
Our trek with African Outdoor Adventures began with a very thorough briefing the day prior to our trek. And throughout our trek, Thomas was able to help keep our group of 8 strangers together and more importantly to make sure that we all had a great time. His was very experienced with the mountain and monitored our group to ensure a successful 100% group summit! Indeed, our group of 8 was able to summit in 5hrs and 50mins from Barafu Hut to Stella Point!
Overall, Thomas was very detailed in ensuring the logistics and administration of our trip were taken care of so that we could enjoy our trip! I enthusiastically recommend African Outdoor Adventures and believe that Thomas Schrick is the key to the company's success! Feel free to contact me for any questions.Written 3 February 2014
Frequently Asked Questions about Kommetjie
- The best day trips from Kommetjie according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Cape Point and Boulder's Beach Penguins Full Day Tour
- Cape of Good Hope, Cape Point & Penguins Private customizable Full Day Tour
- Full Day Cape Point Sightseeing Tour
- Guided Day Tour to Cape Point, Penguins and Wine Tasting
- Personalized Guided Chauffeur Drive Tour