What travellers are saying
- We did this 3 day adventure in March 2023. It was an amazing experience! Our guide's name was Ash. He was so knowledgeable and friendly. He was also patient and helpful. My husband and I are in our 60's. I can walk for a long distance and many hours on regular paths. But I found this hike extremely challenging due to its many uphills and downhills. It's following a rugged coastline. It was often a test of sheer endurance. I'm so glad I didn't give up. Ash and the others were encouraging. I was talking with Ash about this, and he said he heard this quote "Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations". That was true for me. There was so much beauty to appreciate along the way. The journey was completely worth the effort! The views were stunning. It was great being out in the "wild", enjoying the fresh ocean breeze, the sound of the waves, the dramatic cliffs, the jungle paths, the trees and plants! Each of the three lodges/hotels were great in their own way. Our first night was spent at Storms River Camp and the simple cabin was right on the coast. The second night at Misty Mountain was beautiful (excellent chef too!) and our third night at The Fernery was even more luxurious. All the meals were delicious and very high quality. I learned so much personally through this experience and had a wonderful time. As I look back at the photos, I'm extremely grateful for this experience. On a practical note, bring a walking stick. It's helpful!!!Written 13 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What an awesome place! The food was amazing, service was great and the staff were very friendly. A definite must-stop when travelling through Storms river.Written 7 January 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent kayak & Lilo trip with untouched adventures, our guides Rowen and Tuks were very helpful and friendly and we had a great time!
The scenery in the storms river gorge is beautifulWritten 27 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Whilst my plus-one did the zip lines I enjoyed wandering down the valley seeing him swing across the ravines to and fro. Some of the drops and gorges were quite huge. he loved it, and it was a quiet morning, mizzly weather so he had the place to himself!Written 23 August 2023
- Whilst a lot of the stock can be found displayed at the roadside by street vendors, this outlet in the village has a large selection of carvings, bigger statues and mass-produced "African sunset" prints on canvas. Nothing has a price on it, so be prepared to haggle!Written 15 September 2019
- Kay our guide was without doubt the most friendly, knowledgable and passionate guide we’ve ever had the fortune of spending time with. We were running a little late and Kay was so accommodating in making sure we still got our 2 hour tour conducted. The level of safety briefing and Segway advice and guidance was exemplary throughout. Plenty of artistic photo stops merged with local history of the area and the environment and wildlife, made this tour a pure pleasure to attend. Well worth a booking! Thanks Kay, you are a true professional…Written 10 October 2023
- David & Valerie Lane Trail was a fantastic experience.
It brings you down a lovely forest path until you reach the ocean. The viewpoints are spectacular.
My guide Freddie was amazing and very knowledgeable about plant, wildlife and the park. It was an absolute pleasure hiking with him. We even got to see four whales jumping and playing in the water right from the trail. The trail itself is rather short and aside of a little uphill on the way back no challenge to complete.
10/10 totally recommend it.Written 26 November 2023
- Went out with guide team 1 on the 21st of December. We are a family of 5, kids (16, 14, 11). We loved it, the guides made sure we kept pace with the slowest member of the group, and had sufficient time to do the jumps.Written 28 December 2020
- This is a fantastic family friendly activity. The guides are extremely informative and you get to learn a great deal about the forest.Written 28 April 2019
- They were very helpful, professional, knows everything about this beautiful forest wildlife and bird life A must to doThey were very helpful, professional, knows everything about this beautiful forest wildlife and bird life A must to do for the hole family with themWritten 19 September 2023
- Joining the group was an amazing experience, Joo was constantly in contact in preparation for the trip which really helped. I did my first multi-day hike with Adventure Junkies couldn’t have asked for a better experience on my first 1Written 27 September 2023
- We had a wonderful time at Tube n' axe. My 5 year old especially had a blast exploring the premises, hot tubs, swimming pool, jungle gym, nearby scenic walks, firepit etc. Rooms were clean and comfortable. We can't wait to go back! Highly recommended for adventurers of all ages exploring the Garden Route.Written 29 October 2021
Storms River Attractions Information