Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
R 1 798,68
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
- You'll start atBelize Cultural Adventure Travel ServicesOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Palmento Grove Cultural & Fishing LodgeStop: 4 hoursBelize Premier Black Indigenous Cultural & Cooking Classes guaranteed to be highly educational, entertaining and interactive. Come journey with us through our historical stories. We are glad to share the tremendous cultural value of our coconut trees engaging you in the interactive process of coconut harvesting, husking, tasting, grating and milk extraction. Enter our traditional Garifuna Kitchen where we share with you our cassava baking process and share many of our antique collection of artifacts with you. Cooking Class in Hopkins Belize is always fun time. Earn your bragging rights by over coming the heat in the kitchen. Fireheart Cooking Lessons is a unique signature experience where you get to prepare your own (HUDUT) traditional meal that is served for Lunch or Dinner. Culminate your Garifuna Immersion with sensational drum rolls learning the basic techniques of Garifuna drumming & Music & revitalizing your souls earning your delicious cultural dessert.Read more
- You'll end atBelize Cultural Adventure Travel ServicesSouth Rd, Hopkins, BelizeSee address & details
Belize Cultural Adventure Travel Services, South Rd, Hopkins, Belize
Returns to original departure point
- Kayak or boat ride across to Kalipuna Island
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 1 person per booking is required
- A small amount of walking & Kayaking is involved: optional
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
We just returned from spending the morning and early afternoon at the Garifuna Cultural & Culinary Adventure. The host were so knowledgeable and friendly. They made us feel like we were spending time with family while learning about the Garifuna Culture. The meal we helped…
Date of experience: February 2020
Our time spent there was transformative. It’s a must do for anyone visiting Belize and a reason in and of itself to go to Belize.
Date of experience: January 2020
Response from belizecatravels, Manager at Garifuna Cultural and Culinary Tour
Responded 20 Jan 2020
It was sure our joy to share our rich Garifuna Culture with you.
No cheesy gimmicks here. A real family showing us how to make real food. It was wonderful. It would be great for smaller kids too. Get to wear authentic clothes, have a delicious meal, play drums, boat ride and more. Just a great day.
Date of experience: December 2019
We got there by chance wondering around with the bikes in Hopkins. Eugene stayed with me and my friend, just the 2 of us, for 5 hours, so happy that we did not have a pick up scheduled so we were free to use as much time as we could. Ho thought us so many things of their unique…
My husband and I took the Garifuna Cultural & Culinary Tour. If you are into learning about the culture of the native people of the locations you visit or culture in general, this is a must. Great value, great time!
Date of experience: October 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Belize Cultural Adventure Travel Services
A really nice place for a forest walk
Don't expect to see a jaguar, most folks don't. However, this is a lovely preserve offering a variety of hiking tr…
Great tour to the Southern Ruins! Ms. Uwahnie was very pleasant ans knowledgeable about the Belizean culture. We ca…
Garifuna Cultural Experience
Our tour guide Jimmy was amazing! We were picked up for the tour and driven to Hopkins. From there we took a short …
A day in the waterfalls
We were surprised by the accommodations, bathroom, cabins to change clothes, etc. on the water falls of the reserve…
Guide was good!
No jaguars to be seen (I kind of got the impression they were quite elusive) but did see a poisonous pit viper. Le…
My husband caught a 20lb cobia!
Come share in the amazing vision of this place - catch a fish, practice cooking hudot with fresh fruits and veggies…
Quite the adventure
We booked our trip through Hopkins Bay Resort. Jose, was more than knowledgeable as a tour guide and was quite ente…
- Duration: 3–4 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travellers also viewed
Frequently Asked Questions about Garifuna Cultural and Culinary Tour
What time does Garifuna Cultural and Culinary Tour start?
Garifuna Cultural and Culinary Tour will start at 9:30 AM. Discover and book Garifuna Cultural and Culinary Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Garifuna Cultural and Culinary Tour?
Garifuna Cultural and Culinary Tour price starts from R 1 798,21. Discover and book Garifuna Cultural and Culinary Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Garifuna Cultural and Culinary Tour cancellation policy?
Garifuna Cultural and Culinary Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Garifuna Cultural and Culinary Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Garifuna Cultural and Culinary Tour?
Garifuna Cultural and Culinary Tour is hosted by Belize Cultural Adventure Travel Services. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Belize Cultural Adventure Travel Services on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Garifuna Cultural and Culinary Tour on Tripadvisor