View all photos (215)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Soak up the wild beauty of inland Yukon, Canada’s westernmost territory, on a shore excursion by minibus that follows the famous Klondike Highway from Skagway, Alaska, a stress-free option for visitors that want a comprehensive tour. Multiple stops are made for photos and wildlife sightings are possible. Visit Caribou Crossing Trading Post for an insider’s glimpse into local culture. Enjoy a hearty lunch, visit the Museum of Yukon Natural History, and see a dog sledding camp. Pass through the Carcross Desert on the return to your Skagway port. Note: All travelers must bring their valid passport.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Frontier Excursions & AdventuresStop: 7 hours -See details
- 2Welcome to Alaska signStop: 10 minutes -See details
- 3Tagish LakeStop: 10 minutes -See details
- 4Tutshi LakeStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 5Bove Island ViewpointStop: 5 minutes -See details
- 6Caribou Crossing Trading PostStop: 75 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 7Emerald LakeStop: 10 minutes -See details
- 8Carcross DesertStop: 10 minutes -See details
- 9Bennett BeachStop: 10 minutes -See details
- 10CarcrossStop: 20 minutes -See details
- Full-day shore excursion from Skagway to Carcross, Yukon Territory by minibus
- Savor lunch at the Caribou Crossing Trading Post
- Visit the Museum of Yukon Natural History with recreations of Ice Age species
- Fully narrated tour with history and nature of the area
What to Expect
Skip the car hire queues at Skagway on this full-day Yukon adventure. Start with a minibus journey along the stunning Klondike Highway, following the 1898 Gold Rush Trail, to the Canadian border at the White Pass Summit with the 'Welcome to Alaska' sign. Sit back and watch for potential wildlife along the tour route: bears, moose, caribou, and mountain goats. Inside Canada, enjoy pristine forest and scenic lakes, including Tutshi Lake, Tagish Lake, Lake Bennett, and Emerald Lake. Multiple stops are made for memorable photos. The tour is complete with expert narration about the history and nature of the region. Break for a hearty lunch at the Caribou Crossing Trading Post, which includes chicken with BBQ sauce, coleslaw, baked potatoes, donuts, and coffee (vegan/gluten-free options are also available). After lunch, explore the Museum of Yukon Natural History, with wildlife taxidermy specimens from the arctic and sub-arctic regions of Alaska and the Yukon and recreations of Ice Age species. Also onsite is a dogsledding camp with racing huskies that you can see in action. Finally, relax as your driver returns you to Skagway port with plenty of time to board.
- Full-day tour of the Yukon by mini-bus
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop off
- BBQ Chicken with sides of roasted potato, coleslaw, rolls, homemade donuts, tea/coffee. Vegetarian/Vegan/Gluten-free option of lentil curry available.
- Entry/Admission - Caribou Crossing Trading Post
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- For non-US/Canadian citizens additional documentation may be required. You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Children 15 or younger may bring an original/certified copy of birth certificate OR a current valid Passport. Children 16 and older must bring original valid Passport. If one or both parents are not traveling with their child, a notarized letter of authorization from the absent parent(s) is also necessary to cross into Canada
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark. Passenger must be able to walk some and boarding bus requires a few steps. YOU MUST INFORM OPERATOR IF ARE BRINGING A COLLAPSIBLE WHEELCHAIR OR WALKER.
- Please meet at the tour waiting area of your ship pier outside security gate. The representative will be holding a Frontier Excursions sign. Please be there 15 minutes before departure time. Bring all documents needed for border crossing- original Passports and/or USA/Canada Visas (no copies allowed).
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Frontier Excursions & Adventures
Awesome excursion. This was my second time using this tour operator. We had lots of photo ops. Our guide was…
Top notch service
We took the tour back in May 2019. It was excellent. Patrick, our guide was extremely knowledgeable. He went above…
We had a wonder time on the excursion. Candice was a great tour guide. Would recomend this to anyone well worth…
Fife, United Kingdom5027
We decided that the way we wanted to explore in Skagway was by coach. We booked the Skagway Shore Excursion Yukon…
100% worth it!
This was 100% my parent's favorite part of our entire 7 day Alaska cruise on the Ovation of the Seas. Honesty my…
"Funny Tour Guide & Excellent Views"
Our Tour guide/driver was Brooke She was awesome and made the entire trip memorable us. She made sure every…
Loved our trip
We thoroughly enjoyed this tour, our guide Brooke was fantastic. She was entertaining, passionate and you clearly…
Great way to see Skagway! Casey is the best! She is so knowledgeable and showed to us every picturesque spot…
Leicestershire, United Kingdom139105
Excellent Tour & Guide
After reading recent reviews we pre-booked our party of four seniors on this tour in the UK before setting off…
This excursion was definitely the highlight of our trip. The tour guide stopped at many of the lakes along the…
- Duration: 6h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071