View all photos (23)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
More than a classic culinary tour, this Charleston Chefs’ Kitchen experience provides behind-the-scenes access to top Charleston restaurants and shows you how professional kitchens work in real life. Meet the chefs behind trendy and traditional restaurants alike, sample popular dishes, and learn about Charleston’s culinary scene from an industry insider as you walk through Charleston’s historic downtown.
- Get behind-the-scenes access to Charleston kitchens and meet top chefs
- Tour includes enough food tastings to keep you full
- Ideal for anyone with an interest in the Charleston culinary scene
- Guide shares insider info on a walking tour of Charleston’s culinary scene
What to Expect
Make your way to central Charleston to meet your guide. Then, begin walking through historic downtown Charleston en route to various restaurants tried and tested for quality. At each restaurant, meet with top Charleston chefs, peek behind-the-scenes at busy 5-star kitchens, and learn about Charleston's ever-growing food scene from industry insiders. Samples, such as pastries, biscuits, and traditional Southern cuisine, give you a taste of the dishes Charleston has to offer. As you walk, your guide tells you about Charleston's history, food, and culture, giving you a better sense of the character of Holy City that you might miss on your own. When the tour is over, your guide walks you back toward your original meeting point. Please note: Advise of any allergies in the "Special Requirements" section when you book.
375 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29403, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Special meals due to dietary restrictions unless you advise supplier at least 36 hours prior to tour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must advise of your allergies in Special Requirements section during check out in order to be accommodated
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure.
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Our last full day of adventures, our morning started with Hoon Calhoun's Chef's kitchen tour. If I had to use one word to put a name on Charleston I would say HOON! He was EVERYTHING I pictured Charleston to be. Proper, warm, funny, knowledgeable about his city, the list goes…
Date of experience: February 2020
Met only one chef and saw only two kitchens. Information came from tour guide who was soft spoken and hard to hear. Very Poor when compared to Asheville and Chicago.Not value for money.
We have done multiple food tours during our many visits to Charleston. This by far was the most enjoyable. We visited 4 different restaurants and sampled a variety of southern dishes. From pulled pork bbq with cornbread to scrimp and grits as well chicken and waffles it was all…
The local stories that Houn shared with us were amazing along with every restaurant stop along the way. This is a must do to get a flavor of the history and food of Charleston.
Interesting tour of two excellent restaurant kitchens as well as a couple specialty shops. The tour focused on the history of Charleston as well as the foods unique to the region. For us the tour resulted in us returning for dinner at both restaurants. Our expectations were…
Date of experience: November 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Charleston Culinary Tours
Susan was a wonderful tour guide. Food was Avery authentic to the SC area. It was delicious and big portions. We we…
Food tour was amazing and we got to try several different dishes. Shrimp and grits, fried green tomatoes, the hush …
This tour was a great way to sample a variety of local food. We stopped at 4 different restaurants and everything …
Food was good. Guide talked a lot about Charelston and himself. Did not allow much time for folks on the tour to in…
Great food and very informative guide
This was a great introduction to Charleston food and the city in general. The guide was very knowledgeable and the …
Eating our way through old town Charleston
Dale was an outstanding tour guide on our recent Charleston Culinary Tour. She spices up her tour with stories an…
Great Experience, a must do!
Great introduction to Charleston and the local food. Dale was a great host and gave us so much history of Charlesto…
We took the culinary chef tour which led me to believe we would meet a chef and taste a sampling with the chef at e…
It was nice trying many local foods. Our tour guide was outstanding; she was knowledgeable and shared many great st…
A great way to spend a Sunday In Charleston
A group of 4 did this tour on March 1st,and had a fun time. Dale was the tour guide,and she had many interesting st…
Excellent tour covering both food and historic information. The food was great and the description of the dishes ad…
Walking culinary and history tour
Dale was a great guide, was prompt with all aspects of the tour and included an historical background of the buildi…
Beth, our guide, was very knowledgeable about the area. It was a small group therefore we had a lot of time for que…
Great food tour
Alison was a great guide and we tried some wonderful Charleston cuisine. We were full after our tour.
Delicious way to spend a few hours
My wife and I received a gift certificate and selected this tour from the offerings. Completely delighted. Our tour…
- Charleston Visitor Center
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071