View all photos (182)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Take a 1.5-hour seaplane flight to Misty Fjords National Monument during this 2-hour tour from Ketchikan. Each passenger is guaranteed a window seat, and receives a radio headset to hear the pilot's commentary as you fly to Misty Fjords via Tongass National Forest. Your scenic flight includes a 15-minute stop on a pristine lake or salt water fjord for a direct experience of the Alaskan wilderness.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Ketchikan Visitors BureauStop: 10 minutes -See details
- 2Misty Fjords Air & Outfitting, Inc.Stop: 10 minutes - Admission includedSee detailsPass by Tongass National Forest
- 3Misty Fjords National MonumentStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedSee detailsPass by Tongass National Forest
- 4Misty Fjords Air & Outfitting IncStop: 10 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Ketchikan Visitors BureauStop: 20 minutes -See details
- Aerial views of Alaska's vast wilderness en route to Misty Fjords
- Learn about Alaska's wildlife and landmarks from the pilot
- Fly over Revillagigedo Islands, Tongass National Forest, and Behm Canal
- Guaranteed window seat, radio headset, and ground transfers included
What to Expect
Make your way to Ketchikan where a bus transfers you to a nearby seaplane base to meet your pilot. Receive a short safety briefing, and then put on the radio headset to hear commentary from your pilot during your flight. Take in aerial views from your guaranteed window seat as your seaplane takes off. On the way to Misty Fjords National Monument, pass over the vast wilderness of Alaska including Revillagigedo Islands, Tongass National Forest, and Behm Canal. Look for wildlife as you soar over snow-capped mountains, deep fjords, waterfalls, and alpine lakes. Your pilot lands on a pristine lake or salt-water fjord to give you 15 minutes to experience the natural beauty up close. Your tour ends after about two hours with return to Ketchikan.
- All-inclusive tour
- Transport by private company owned vehicle to and from the Ketchikan Visitors Bureau (Berth #2)
- Voice activated, noise cancelling headset for each passenger
- Interactive pilot narration
- Guaranteed window seats for all passengers
- Entry/Admission - Misty Fjords Air & Outfitting, Inc.
- Entry/Admission - Misty Fjords National Monument
- Entry/Admission - Misty Fjords Air & Outfitting Inc
- No food or drinks (excluding water) allowed on the shuttle van or aircraft
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please bring a light raincoat, sunglasses and comfortable walking shoes.
- Fitness Level: Light. Our ground transportation vehicles require 2-3 steps to enter. Passengers will need to walk approx. 200 feet on ramp and dock to aircraft. To enter aircraft requires 2 stairs. Ground transport vehicles can accommodate collapsible wheelchairs, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations. We are unable to accommodate electric wheelchairs.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If operator cancels due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative time, if available, or fully refunded if flight is cancelled due to weather conditions.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative time or full refund.
- Tours are operated in either a 6 passenger or 10 passenger aircraft. Aircraft used is at the discretion of the operator.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We had an amazing trip with Ryan and Alaska Seaplane Adventures. The Misty Fjord landing is like being alone in the wilderness. We were the only plane there and there was total silence. We flew over many waterfalls and miles of trees...and no people.
What a trip! - an incredible morning out flying over the stunning scenery around Ketchikan, and eventually landing on one of the lakes in Misty Fjords. Our pilot (Chuck?) was amazing - his commentary superb, as was his obvious love for the area, he even brought along his own…
Date of experience: September 2019
We flew in a new Otter turbo prop float plane. Skilled and experienced pilot.Smooth ride, quiet landing on the lake water- simply breathtaking! Guide was knowledgable and helpful during the flight. It was so peaceful on the water. We had a beautiful day. Just wish we could have…
Date of experience: August 2019
It was raining and there was very slight fog like always in Ketchikan, but zero wind, and they cancelled the flight. That’s normal Ketchikan weather and they are canceling the flight, it looks like you guys are all really lucky. I watched a video of this exact same one and it…
Date of experience: August 2019
Response from Misty Fjords Ai... P, Manager at Misty Fjords Seaplane Tour from Ketchikan
Responded 23 Aug 2019
Hi Traveler123456789- Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate feedback as it helps us improve. We take the safety of our crew and passengers seriously and cancel flights if conditions are unsafe or would be poor tour quality. The weather here in the Ketchikan harbor isn't always the best indicator of what the conditions are en route to and in the Misty Fjords National Monument. At the time of booking we request a contact phone number which is the number we call when a cancellation is announced. If there is no answer we leave a message as well as send an email to the address where the confirmation is sent. I would be happy to look into the day further if you would email us the date and time your tour was to take place.
On a Viking cruise and booked this outing with friends. The company was professional and efficient and our pilot instilled confidence. Because the ceiling was too low the pilot turned around after about 20 minutes in the air (the view was great!) and said we couldn't complete…
Date of experience: June 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Misty Fjords Air & Outfitting, Inc.
Misty fjords seaplane + crab feast
Well worth the price. We loved the beautiful float plane ride w our awesome pilot George and beautiful plane. Felt …
Having been marooned in Ketchikan by the Alaskan Marine Highways System ferry strike, the only way to reach Canada …
Great views and friendly service
My experience started out positively by talking with Megan about safety and scheduling, after recent accidents in t…
An exceptional value compared to the price of every other tour. The views were seriously breathtaking and priceles…
Seaplane misty Fjords
Excellent Pilot!! Evan gave us a flight of a lifetime!! Beautiful scenery breath taking views of mts rivers and are…
Trip canceled due to fog
As the title suggests we never got to do our tour. We met the shuttle on time and we had to wait approximately 20…
Great flight on a SEA PLANE
I had researched safety records of this company. Very comfortable flight. Felt comfortable with pilot. Breath ta…
Getting out on the water
We did not do a cruise ship tour, so this was a way for us to get out on the water and see some of the sights. A g…
We had one of the perfect sunny days in Ketchikan so the flight was smooth and spectacular. Our pilot was excellen…
Now you know what a bird feels like soaring in the skies- magical, liberated and the world-is-mine feeling. This is…
Shelly MS B00
First time in Alaska
The whole experience was wonderful. Our pilot was knowledgeable and provided an exhilarating experience. We felt …
I was hesitant at first spending that much but the day was perfect and well worth the money we all had a fabulous t…
The only way to see this breathtaking part of Alaska is from the air and it is definitely worth it. The pilot was …
Misty Fjords light
Float plane trip was amazing. Words cannot describe the beauty of the Alaskan wilderness - must see with you own e…
Beautiful scenery on a smooth seaplane
Beautiful scenery in areas not accessible. Seaplane was very smooth and was neat landing in water and taking off i…
- Duration: 2h 20m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071