Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 10)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Knockabout Travel takes you to Martha's Vineyard, with this self-paced audio tour of the most popular town on the island. Discover the origin story of how Oak Bluffs developed from its humble beginnings as a religious camp into a summer destination for business moguls, celebrities, and US Presidents. On the tour, we discuss the development of the Martha's Vineyard Camp Meeting Association, home to the "campground" and the famed gingerbread cottages. Learn how the area around Ocean Park and Circuit Avenue was developed with tourism in mind, and how that conflicted with the original Methodist campers. Along the route, you will be introduced to some of the finer points and lesser-known history of the town, as well as places to grab lunch or a drink. The tour includes 45 minutes of narration and can be completed at a leisurely pace in about 90 minutes including brief stops at various points of interest. Audio easily streams from an embedded web player - no need to download files!
- You'll start atOcean Park2 Seaview Ave, Oak Bluffs, MA 02557, USAYour tour begins at the Bandstand (Gazebo) in Ocean Park, across from the Steamship Authority ferry terminal. There is no designated start time. Begin the tour at your leisure.See address & details
- 1Ocean ParkStop: 10 minutesSee detailsPass byOak Bluffs Town Beach
- 2Martha's Vineyard Camp meeting Association (MVCMA)Stop: 20 minutesSee details
- 3Oak Bluffs HarborStop: 20 minutesSee details
- You'll end at12 Circuit Avenue Extension12 Circuit Avenue Extension, Oak Bluffs, MA 02557, USATour ends one block from the starting location at Oak Bluffs Harbor, where you can enjoy some of the island's great seafood and a few boat drinks.See address & details
Ocean Park, 2 Seaview Ave, Oak Bluffs, MA 02557, USA
12 Circuit Avenue Extension, Oak Bluffs, MA 02557, USA
- Audio Files (streaming or download available)
- GPS Guided Interactive Maps
- Self-Guided Audio Tour
- Begin Tour at Your Leisure
- Audio Device (Smartphone)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
- Duration: 1h 15m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently Asked Questions about Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard Audio Tour
Which attractions will I visit with Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard Audio Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard Audio Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard Audio Tour?
Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard Audio Tour price starts from R 192,18. Discover and book Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard Audio Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard Audio Tour cancellation policy?
Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard Audio Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard Audio Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard Audio Tour?
Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard Audio Tour is hosted by Knockabout Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Knockabout Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard Audio Tour on Tripadvisor