Support this operator
Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a thoughtful review or posting photos of your favourite tours and experiences. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road.
View all photos (635)
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
The coastal and desert regions outside Lima offer a world of outdoor adventure far from the city, but complex bus systems—and, for some visitors, a language barrier—make exploring a challenge. On this full-day tour, travel in comfort from your Lima hotel and hit Paracas and Huacachina with ease. Spot native marine life in the Paracas National Reserve and try sandboarding on South America’s largest dunes.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- Pass by Miraflores
- 1Islas BallestasStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Oasis of HuacachinaStop: 4 hours - Admission includedSee details
- Spot native marine life up-close in the Paracas National Reserve
- Zoom up South America’s largest dunes by dune buggy and try sandboarding
- Enjoy views over the coastal and desert landscapes outside Lima
- Hassle-free round-trip travel from your accommodation in central Lima
What to Expect
Get picked up in the morning at your central Lima accommodation, transfer to the coastal town of Paracas by direct bus, and hop aboard a speedboat. The adventure begins as you zip out across the waves to the Ballestas Islands in the Paracas National Reserve. On arrival, watch native marine species including birds, penguins, and sea lions in their natural habitat. Your informative guide provides insight into the animals’ behavior and environment while you capture the scenery on camera. Return to Paracas and continue to Huacachina, a remote oasis in the Ica Desert and home to the biggest dunes in South America. Zoom across the sand by dune buggy and give sandboarding a try. With your powerful buggy to help you reach the top of the dunes, you’ll save plenty of energy for sandboarding. Depart Huacachina and return in comfort to your Lima accommodation, where your tour ends.
- Guided bus transport
- Ballestas Islands Tour in Paracas
- Dune Buggy and Sandboarding in Huacachina
- Hotel/hostel pickups and drop-offs
- Entry/Admission - Islas Ballestas
- Entry/Admission - Oasis of Huacachina
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We recommend you to bring the following items:
- Please bring breakfast with you (direct bus).
- Please don’t be late, as bus must leave on time to do Ballestas Islands at 10:00 am.
- Bring sunscreen, it is hot all year round in Paracas and Huacachina.
- Food is not included, although we have discounts in many restaurants.
- See itinerary for hour by hour plan.
- Important holidays: Easter weekend April 9-12 and July 28-30 is Independence Day Celebration in Peru: The pick-up time will be 1 hour before the usual time, Sandboarding/dunebuggy (Huacachina) only 1 hour (all operators) and Ballestas Islands (Paracas) only1 hour and 30 minutes (all operators)
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- Warm weather all year round. Light-weight jumper/jacket for speedboat ride to Ballestas. Closed-toe footwear for Sandboarding.
- Minimum age is 3 years
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
We went into Peru Hop office location in Miraflores and booked a last minute trip to Paracas and Huacachina with overnight stay the staff was helpful and friendly. We really enjoyed this unique trip and I would suggest it to anyone who likes adventure. Our tour guides were:…
Date of experience: March 2020
Good day visit. Nice lunch. Not much to see once you've gotten over the huge sand dues and the natural spring water
Date of experience: November 2019
Response from PeruHop, Gerente at Paracas and Huacachina from Lima with Ballestas Islands and Sand Boarding
Responded 4 days ago
Hi jhalcon, We are happy to read that you had a good time with us. Our passenger's happiness is one of our main priorities. However, it seems like you are more unsatisfied with the actual destination of Huacachina than our tour. Huacachina is indeed a small place, where the main attraction is the sandboarding activity, which also tends to be the favourite activity among our passengers. Hopefully, you enjoyed it as much as the rest of our passengers! Thanks for choosing to travel with us, it has been a pleasure!
If you are the edge about booking this trip, BOOK IT! Unforgettable experience, everything is handled for you. Was picked up from our hostel by the bus, went to Paracas for the Ballestas Islands tour. Quickly picked up some food and headed to Huachachina. The dune buggies and…
A responsible company that picked me up from the hotel and accompanied me back to the hotel. The buses were comfortable. Unfortunately, the choice of restaurants and hotels included in the tour was not the best. In addition, a month after my return, I received a bizarre email…
Date of experience: February 2020
Trip was absolutely amazing, acomadations were great everywhere, most if all our tour guide Corina was absolutely great on making sure we were informed and ready for everything on our trip, highly advise anyone interested in going on a tour to not hesitate and ride Peru Hop
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Peru Hop
Amazing Peru Vacation
We booked the trip online and had an overall great experience. It was our first time in South America/ Peru and Per…
Perfect to explore Peru
Me and my 3 friends visited Peru in March 2020. We started in Lima down to Arequipa. Actually we Wanted to continue…
Peru Hop Trip with Ricardo
Our trip with Peru Hop was really great. Peru is a beautiful country with a huge variety of landscapes. Peru Hop co…
We were traveling Peru on Peru Hop, we had 2 out of 6 stops. The first time we got on was very organized, we took …
Peru Hop is professional and well organized
We went on the Peru Hop as a couple , 59 and 60 year olds from Canada . The bus company is so organized and safe. …
Very convenient and flexible, great customer service and an awesome guide - Ricardo, the king of karaoke!
Peru Hop and the Travel Ban
We took the Hops from Arequipa to Lima. We paused in Nazca to look at the lines and their bus was late from Arequip…
Meh... If You're Well Traveled, Skip It
The company mostly offered what they outline in the deal, but the "deals" on tours aren't really deals since they …
The guides are all really nice and friendly, answer questions right away! It’s a uncomplicated way to have a great …
Well organised company + excellent guide
My girlfriend and I did the 'Get to Cusco quick' option so had 1 night in Paracas, 1 night in Huacachina then a lon…
Traveling with 5 kids
It was great family time. I was nervous with children but the guides were all so kind and helpful. We felt safe …
Best guide ever!
With a great attitude and a friendly energy, Nicolle lit up our journey! Anyone who gets to have her as a guide sho…
Wow, our guide was Nicolle and had her since Arequipa. First we saw everyone leaving the bus hugging her and we wer…
Super Convenient; Well-Organized; Awesome Guide
This was an awesome experience! The hop on-hop off system works really well and is super flexible for your travel g…
well organized bus tour with great guide
great, well organized hop on hop off bus tour from cusco to lima with warm-hearted nicolle as best guide.
- Duration: 18h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071