Support this operator
Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a thoughtful review or posting photos of your favourite tours and experiences. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road.
View all photos (36)
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Considered among the most important sites of interest in the countryside outside Lima, Pachacamac boasts a hidden history dating back to AD 200. On this half-day sightseeing tour with entrance fees and round-trip travel from Lima included, reach the temple complex in comfort by air-conditioned minivan. Explore with your informative guide, admire colorful murals in the Sun Temple, and gain insight into thousands of years of South American civilization.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1PachacamacStop: 3 hours - Admission includedWe will visit the Archeological Sanctuary of Pachacamac, just 30 kms. south of Lima. It was built in adobe with view to the sea and the Lurin river valley. It was a pilgrimage site for many cultures that developed in ancient Peru. Upon arrival of the Incas, the complex was adapted to become an administrative center, respecting and adapting the local constructions. You can find there the Temple of the Sun, the Acllahuasi, the Palace of Taurichumbi, and the Pilgrimage Plaza, among others. We will also visit the Site Museum to get a better insight and appreciate the salvaged remnants of the area. The massive Temples of the Sun and the Moon are known to be the compound's most striking features. Built entirely of clay, an estimated 50 million sun-dried bricks were used in the construction of the Temple of the Sun alone. Excavations in the area continue to reveal further insights into the Moche and Huari cultures that spanned the period from 200 to 800 AD.Read more
- Tour the Pachacamac archaeological site with a guide—entrance fees included
- Explore the compound’s key sites like the Sun Temple and the Moon Temple
- Discover ancient murals depicting life for Moche and Huari civilizations
- Hassle-free round-trip transport from Miraflores or San Isidro in Lima
What to Expect
Begin your half-day tour with a morning pickup at your accommodation in the Miraflores or San Isidro neighborhood of Lima. Board your air-conditioned minivan and, with your guide sharing history and information along the way, take the scenic coastal route to Pachacamac, a perfectly preserved religious compound with evidence of human habitation dating back to AD 200. On arrival at Pachacamac, explore the archaeological site and admire the Sun Temple, Moon Temple, and other features. Learn how 50 million sundried bricks were used in the temples’ construction, admire colorful murals uncovered by archaeologists over the years, gain insight into life in this part of the world thousands of years ago, and hear about the ancient Moche and Huari people who once called Pachacamac home. After your in-depth tour of the Pachacamac temple complex, return in comfort to your starting point in Lima, where your tour ends.
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Entrace fee to Temple of Pachacamac
- Entry/Admission - Pachacamac
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
This was a great half day trip that did a lot to demonstrate the roots and development of Peruvian cultures that ultimately led to the Incan period. We had just enjoyed a fantastic trip to Cusco and Machu Picchu but managed to fit this trip in on our last day and it really did…
Date of experience: March 2020
Our flight was 3 hours late and customs was extra slow. We absolutely missed our trip but they scheduled the next day for us. It was a great 4 hour trip and they gave us great suggestions for the remainder of our time in Lima. Indefinitely recommend this as a first activity in…
Date of experience: March 2020
Easy to visit pre Inca site just outside Lima. Tour guide informative and entertaining bus ride comfortable
Date of experience: January 2020
Such rich history here and the tour guide Mario did a great job at explaining everything. He took me through the museum and the temple. He provided a lot of information that helps you understand Lima way better. Would recommend coming here to see and hear the history.
This was afantatstic trip that I through in at the last moment. The museum at the entrace was very interesting and the ruins themselves were very different than the Inca ruins that dominate Peru. I onluy wish we had had more time to explore the women's palace as it looked very…
Date of experience: November 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Gray Line Peru
Wonderful tour!! Must-see near Cusco!!
Mother-daughter trip in early February, we had fantastic weather. Easy communication with the tour company, the tou…
Amazing Amazon Adventure
Efficient pick up service from the airport. Amenities are what you would expect from a lodge in the middle of the P…
With this global Covid 19 outbreak and the overseas travel restriction from our Canadian Government, we have to can…
Afternoon full day tour
We booked the late full day tour of Machu Picchu, from Cusco. We really had a great day and an amazing experience. …
I took this in Peru . They serve you a drink on this trip . Great Scenery. A must trip for anyone. Was funny was s…
Over the lines
The time spent flying over the Nazca lines is really interesting. However, it is only about 45 minutes. Taking thi…
Airport not to big so some walking necessary but not to bad. Immigration and customs professional and fairly quick.
Incredible Dining Experience!
We went on the last night of a 2 week group tour. The setting was enjoyable and the food was tasty and nicely prese…
GREAT - I highly recommend this Grey Line Tour handled by a local tour agency. They were very professional and go…
I had a great time staying at the Sinchicuy lodge. Everyone was extremely friendly and the activities always kept m…
Wished we could have visited the pisac ruins
This was a very good tour. Our guide was VERY knowledgeable and even spent the drive to the sites talking about the…
Recommend that trip to everyone
It was an amazing experience, the whole trip was excellent. We had the best time there. From the guide over the lod…
Fantastic!! Don’t miss this if you’re interested in Peruvian cultures
I was in Lima on a Monday (when a number of museums and some other area attractions are closed) and chose this to d…
Beautiful city and scenery
The view that is pictured here is really quite beautiful. I know the Santa Catalina Monastery is supposed to be a …
Nice day in the valley
We take a tour bus to the valley and went to 5 places. It cost us around 100 Sols per person. Not cheap.
- Duration: 3h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071