View all photos (243)
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
The Inca Trail is the most popular way to discover Machu Picchu, and often books up months in advance. Guarantee your spot by pre-booking a 4-day trek from Cusco, which includes all meals, entrance fees, and transfers. On this tour, you are one of the first to see the ancient world wonder in the morning, before the site becomes overrun by crowds.
Cuzco - Ollantaytambo - KM 82...
Trek to Pacaymayo Camp (3,600m)...
Trek to Wiñayhuayna Camp...
Trek to Sun Gate (2,720m) -...
- Guarantee a spot on the often sold-out Inca Trail
- Opt for a seamless experience that includes food, transfers, and camping
- Be one of the first to enter Machu Picchu on the final morning
- See a plethora of Inca ruins and archaeological sites
What to Expect
Day 1: Cusco to Ollantaytambo to KM 82 and Trek to Wayllabamba Camp (7 miles/11 kilometers; L, D) Your 4-day trek begins with pickup from your Cusco hotel. Travel to Ollantaytambo for breakfast before you head to Piscacucho, the official start of the Inca Trail. Pass several archaeological sites as you hike through Vilcanota River Valley, then have lunch and relax at Wayllabamba camp. Day 2: Trek to Pacaymayo Camp (6 m/10 kms; B, L, D) After breakfast, you’ll embark on a challenging uphill hike to Dead Woman’s Pass followed by a downhill trek to Pacaymayo Camp. On arrival at the camp, you’ll have the rest of the day to eat and rest. Day 3: Trek to Winayhuayna High Jungle Camp (9 m/15 kms; B, L, D) Spend the day ascending and descending ancient Inca stairways during the journey to Winayhuayna High Jungle Camp. Explore the archaeological sites of Sayacmarca, Pacaymayo, and Phuyupatamarca. At the end of the day, you’ll reach a camp overlooking a river valley. Day 4: Machu Picchu and Return to Cusco (4 m/7 kms; B) Following an early morning, you’ll hike to the gate of Machu Picchu and be one of the first to enter the UNESCO-listed archaeological site. Enjoy both a guided tour and free time to explore independently before heading to Aguas Calientes to browse the shops.
- Pre-departure briefing
- Accommodation Pick-Up on Day 1
- Bus Cuzco - KM 82 Piscacucho (starting point of trek)
- Tourist Bus Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
- Tourist Train Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo (2 hours)
- Bus Ollantaytambo to Cuzco (1.5 hours)
- Professional Bilingual Guide on trek & Machu Picchu tour
- Camping Accommodation during trek (including tent for 2 people & Basic sleeping pad)
- Porters and cook to carry all shared camping equipment
- First aid kit
- Emergency oxygen bottle
- Small group experience; Max 15, Avg 6
- The COMPLETE option INCLUDES a Thermal Sleeping Bag, Porter & Duffel Bag to carry a total of 7kgs of personal gear for each trekker (3kgs for your sleeping bag & mattress plus 4kgs of personal items)
- The BASIC option EXCLUDES a Thermal Sleeping Bag, Porter & Duffel Bag for personal gear.
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner) and three snacks (veggie option available)
- Entry/Admission - Inca Trail
- Entry/Admission - Machu Picchu
- Airport Pick-Up (please make your own way)
- Sleeping Bag for BASIC package (Rental $15 USD for the trek)
- Day 1 Breakfast, Day 4 Lunch, Bottled Water
- Guide for bus and train transfers (these portions are on your own)
- Optional Extras - Inflatable Sleeping Mattress ($15 USD for the trek) - Professional Trekking Poles ($15 USD for the trek) - Huayna Picchu Trek (200 Soles) - Machu Picchu Mountain Hike (200 Soles) Optional Huayna Picchu Trek (at an extra cost) must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Accommodation in Cuzco
- Tips (Tipping is 100% optional depending on the service you received. Although tipping is customary in Latin America, it is NOT mandatory. If you do wish to give a tip, we recommend $40-50 USD per trekker for the entire team of porters, cooks and guides.
- Prices for optional activities are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Please confirm these prices before departing on the trek.
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Note: There is a mandatory pre-departure briefing at our Cusco office the evening before your trek. You will receive detailed information on your excursion, a list of what to bring and confirm your departure details
- Typical Meals on the Trek: On all of our Treks to Machu Picchu we search for great cooks who provide you with the best tasting meals on the mountain, with specialty menus and the freshest local ingredients available. Here is an idea of what you will be eating during your trek. *Vegetarian Option Available Upon Request (please advise at least 2 days in advance). BREAKFASTS: Hot porridge, quinoa or oats, fried eggs, omelet or pancakes with fresh bread, fried bananas and boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk. LUNCH & DINNER: First Course: Quinoa, corn, noodle, asparagus, mushroom or vegetable soup, stuffed avocado or potatoes. Second Course: Chicken breast, beef stew, quinoa, fried rice, hamburgers, fried chicken, spaghetti bolognese, typical dishes: aji de gallina (chilli pepper chicken), escabeche de pollo (marinated chicken) or ajiaco de olluco (spicy potato stew). Desserts: Fried plantains, chocolate pudding, chocolate or vanilla cake and boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk. SNACKS: Boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk with popcorn, cookies, crackers.
- Important: No more than 500 people per day are allowed to start the Inca Trail trek at km. 82; This number includes all support staff (ie. porters, cooks and guides) and is very tightly controlled; Once this limit of 500 people is reached, the Trail is effectively closed off for the day and no further bookings can be made; Reservations are not held on the Trail and all permits to trek must be bought as far as possible in advance with complete and correct passport information, to which no modifications can be made; Any attempts at modifications will result in a loss of the permit and any money paid
- Accommodation options: During the trek single travelers will share a tent with another traveler of the same sex and couples will have a tent to themselves
- Physical Requirements: This hike is demanding, it’s important to be in good physical condition; The Inca Trail elevation changes make the hike strenuous as there are three passes during the hike and you will have 1.2 miles (1,950 meters) of uphill and 1.4-miles (2,250 meters) of descent
- Important: You must provide the following information upon booking: Full name (exactly as it appears on the passport), date of birth, nationality, passport number, date of passport expiration, which must be valid for at least 6 months past the date of travel; Without this information, the local tour operator will be unable to make the booking
- You will have a guide during the trek and on the Machu Picchu tour. However, during your bus and train transfers you will not be accompanied by a guide.
- Daily departures with a group of 4 or more
- No departures in February due to unfavorable climatic conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The COMPLETE service INCLUDES a thermal sleeping bag, foam sleeping mat, duffel bag & porter to carry a total of 7kgs of personal gear for each trekker (3kgs sleeping bag & mat + 4kgs personal items). The reduced BASIC (LIGHT) service ONLY INCLUDES a basic foam sleeping mat and EXCLUDES the thermal sleeping bag, duffel bag & porter to carry personal gear. You will carry your own backpack, sleeping bag, mattress & personal gear. EXTRA ITEMS FOR RENT IN CUZCO: Inflatable Sleeping Mattress, Professional Trekking Poles.
- SUGGESTED PACKING LIST: Bring or Rent in Cuzco: hiking poles, rain pants, rain poncho, trekking boots, sandals, warm socks, sweater, thermals, hat, gloves, sun hat, sun block, sun glasses, flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card (there is limited to no electricity available during the trek), waterproof bags for your camera, hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, water bottle. Bring extra cash for snacks, water, gatorade which doubles or triples in price along the trail.
- DON'T FORGET THE ESSENTIALS: Original passport, visa (if applicable), insurance card, personal medications.
- Travellers who booked their trip using one passport, then renewed or replaced it afterward, must carry their old passport or a photocopy with them on the trip.
- PRE-DEPARTURE BRIEFING: There is a mandatory pre-departure briefing at our Cuzco Headquarters one day prior to departure at 5pm, 6pm or 7pm depending on your trek. You will receive detailed information on your excursion, a list of what to bring and confirm your departure details. PRE-DEPARTURE CHECK-IN: Please make sure to check-in with your passport before your pre-departure briefing. We encourage our travellers to check-in at our offices a couple of hours before or any day prior to the briefing , that way we can give everybody personal attention and information regarding booking extras, rental equipment or questions in general. Time schedule for meetings will be: - Inca Trail and Lares 6pm - Salkantay, Inca Quarry, Machu Picchu Jungle, Ausangate, Choquequirao 7pm - Inca Trail Express, Rainbow Mountain, Machu Picchu by Train, Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Full Day 5pm Bamba Experience is located at: Calle Matara 242, Second Floor. Cuzco, Peru Hours of Operation: 10:00-14:00 and 16:00-20:00 hrs Daily Tel: +51 84 205234 Emergency Tels: Darwin +51 9984 44933 - +51 9842 85801, Anderson +51 9231 25342
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Myself and a group of 5 friends recently completed the 4 day Inca trek which was the highlight of our South America trip. Our guide, Chino was able to push us and was a constant source of information and help throughout the hike. We wouldn’t have had anywhere near as of a…
Date of experience: November 2019
I did 4 days, 3 nights Inca Trail and memory of it will stay with me forever. We were so lucky to have Chino as our guide, he is so funny, knowledgeable and super caring. I was expecting heavy climbing and beautiful views, what I didn't expect was the fine cuisine on the middle…
Date of experience: November 2019
I went on a solo trip and had a great experience. Francisco, our guide was exceptional: he knows intimately the Inca history and culture and is very friendly. I loved the passion he put in describing ancient scenes, even acting sometimes to make use relive what happened. I was…
Date of experience: November 2019
I did the 4 day, 3 night trek to Machu Picchu and I couldn't have had a better time. Our guide Francisco was the ultimate guide: funny, caring, highly knowledgeable and very passionate. We had a mixed range of fitness levels ourite everybody had a great time. Francisco did a…
Date of experience: November 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
4-Day Inca Quarry Trek to Machu Picchu
Junior was an absolutely brilliant and helpful guide -very knowledgeable and his organisational skills excellent. H…
The tour didn’t pick up from our hotel as we stayed out of the city but for a small fee they picked us up anyway. T…
Trekking w/ Diego
I did a 4 day / 3 night trek with Bamba. The Inca Trail was washed out because of rain so they offered me an altern…
Junior was an excellent guide!
The food was OUTSTANDING! The porters were very helpful. Junior was excellent and the views were phenomenal!
Great hike through the highlands and a day at Machu Picchu at the end
We had a great hike with Bamba, led by Junior with superb cooking by Jorge. Made for an excellent experience after …
Macchu Picchu with guide, Willy.
Our 2D/1N was hastily reorganised at the last minute due to a rock fall on the Inca Trail. Bamba Experience substit…
Well organised private tour
We organised this trip with Bamba through a third party and received very straight forward instruction. On the day …
Well organized tour of the beautiful Rainbow Mountain
My fiancée and I had been wanting to do this trek since our last visit to Peru in 2018. We had a previous good expe…
Unforgettable Experience- thank you!
Bombas booked us on the Lares trek due to poor conditions on the Inca Trail (the trail closed to the entire public)…
Amazing experience - Lovely people!!
My boyfriend and I booked this knowing that it was going to be a group of probably 10 others. We were picked up fro…
2D/1N Inca Trail with Willy
We had a fantastic experience hiking the last part of the Inca trail and visiting Machu Picchu with Willy. We had a…
Jungle Adventure Trek - Tour guide: Vidal - Amazing experience!!
WHAT AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!!! We completed the 4 day Jungle Adventure trek with our tour guide Vidal, I cannot th…
Excellent and very exciting experience
Beautiful nature of Titicaca Lake combined with rich cultural and ethnic preserved by indigenous communities
Machu Picchu 4 day trek
Just amazing! Our guides, Vidal & Juan, were energetic, friendly, and so very helpful. They even helped carry an ov…
Super fun! Book it now!
An action-packed and adventure-filled four days! We had a amazing time and would highly recommend this trek to adve…
- Inca Trail, Inca Trail, and 2 more
- Duration: 4 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071