This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dong Anh district court, QL23, Tiên Dương, Đông Anh, Hà Nội, Vietnam
Co Loa old Citadel, located in Dong Anh district in Hanoi, was the first ancient citadel of Vietnam. Lying to the north of Hanoi, the area offers beautiful rice paddy fields, old villages, and many pagodas & temples. This is one of the closest places where you can see the real countryside of Northern Vietnam.
● Depart from hotel by car/taxi. Leave behind the hustle & bustle of the city to the outskirt where a small village locates, on the left bank of the Red river- Bac Bien Village
● After 15 minutes. Arrive in bike garage. Welcomed tea and snacks. Tour guide gives a briefing session and self-introduction and about his village, tour, bikes.
● Then, start pedaling through the small alleys of Bac Bien village to the Duong River, then take a local ferry across the river.
● Ride along the dike through the local villages. You will see many traditional typical houses, pagodas, temples, local markets and be surrounded by beautiful rice paddy fields and farms growing vegetables and corn.
● Stop off at a local “bar” in a village for a rest and drink, & hear the interesting history of the An Duong Vuong Dynasty (over 2,000 years ago).
● Visit Museum of Coloa, An Duong Vuong King’s Temple. Then, cycle around the remains of the ancient citadel and its beautiful gardens, and through more rice fields and villages.
● Enjoy an authentic Vietnamese lunch at a local restaurant.
● Pedal through quiet villages to the dike of the river. We reach a local house in the traditional style, and chat with the villagers to learn about their daily lives. Then, cycling back to the guide’s house by ferry again or cross the new bridge
● Around 17:00 PM, return to the hotel by taxi or car or motorbike
Duration: 7 hours