View all photos (79)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Experience the Chiang Mai jungle and whitewater with a tour combining off-road ATV adventures with rafting the Mae Taeng River. Drive an ATV 25 miles (40 kilometers) through the countryside and jungle. Then, tackle the Mae Taeng River’s energetic Class III and IV whitewater rapids, all while exploring a wild and scenic part of Northern Thailand.
- Two adventures in one: jungle ATV and whitewater rafting from Chiang Mai
- See jungle that’s only accessible by ATV and raft
- Includes lunch, bottled water, coffee, and tea
- Convenient pickup and drop-off from Chiang Mai hotels
What to Expect
Meet a driver at your hotel in Chiang Mai and travel to the beginning of an ATV course that winds though the beautiful Mae Taeng Valley. Get comfortable on a short training course and then follow a mix of trails and country roads, as you rev the ATV engine, getting farther into the lush countryside. The ATV adventure concludes at a base camp by the Mae Taeng River, where you have time for lunch with access to showers and changing rooms. Get suited up for whitewater rafting and launch into the Mae Taeng River: Pass a stretch of Class III rapids, splash through a more challenging section of Class III and IV rapids, and enjoy some calm before a final stretch of exciting whitewater. Following your time on the Mae Taeng River, meet back up with a driver for the return trip to your Chiang Mai hotel.
- Bottled water
- Professional guides
- Free tea and coffee
- Free WIFI
- Use of helmets and life jacket
- Hotel pickup and drop-off with in Chiang Mai City limits by an air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- 3-hour ATV ride
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside of Chiang Mai city can be arranged at an additional fee
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bring sunglasses
- Bring sunscreen and bug spray
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Bring a second dry set of clothes for your ride back to your hotel
- Bring a copy or photo of your passport on your phone for registration
- Please Provide Hotel Details in Chiang Mai City
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Rafters under the age of 15 or those who are less experienced can opt to skip the more challenging sections of the course by hopping out of the river and riding in a van along a road for about 1.2 miles (2 km), then rejoining the group after the most difficult stretch.
- Please note that river conditions can change depending on water levels. During high water times, total time on the river will be about 2 hours, while lower levels generally result in a 2.5-hour trip.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
Charlotte, North Carolina83
Fun, but lots of room for improvement
All around fun experience, there were just some logistical and planning things that would have made it better….We…
Incredible overall experience
All the staff and tour guides were amazing and super friendly from the moment you walk through their gates! Super…
Fort Morgan, Colorado41
So much more than expected!
We had a fantastic time with James and our other amazing guide! It was just the two of us and the two of them! Our…
We enrolled a 8KM Rafting with 2 kids (9 &. 10), they both enjoyed it very much. The coach is funny. Lunch is…
Awesome experience, but a bit rushed
I would rate this 5/5 if it weren’t for the rushing. After being picked up late by a nice driver, who sadly had…
Well run, very safe -- but the rafting was terrible
We did the ATV + Rafting in early January. The ATV part of the tour was really fun. The rafting was simply…
Great White Water Experience!
We have done a few white water rafting tours and we’re very impressed with how 8Adventures coordinated the day.…
Fantastic experience all round!
8Adventures provided an excellent service from start to finish. Booking was easy and they were able to cater for…
We had a wonderful day with Adventure8 company. I was very impressed with how professional everything was. If…
Super fun even on low water
Truly enjoyed going whitewater rafting with this company. Their employees are super helpful, friendly and highly…
- Duration: 10h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071