This a very unique Historical walking trip for clients that would like to have a township tour, you will have a guide for 2.5 Hours taking you to the Historical points within the CBD of Windhoek with knowledgeable background on the history of Namibia. All you will need to take along on this walking tour is a Miniral water, Sunglasses and a head with comfortable sandals or shoes.
Lowest price guarantee
Ages 6-85, max of 10 per group
Duration: 2–30 minutes
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Walking Guide
- Entry/Admission - Gibeon Meteorites
- Entry/Admission - Windhoek
- Entry/Admission - Parliament Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Windhoek
- Entry/Admission - Alte Feste
- Entry/Admission - Zoo Park
- All Meals and Drinks are excluded
- Departure details
- Cramer’s Ice Cream, Gustav Voigts Centre (Street, Level Independence Ave, Windhoek, Namibia Meeting Point is at Newly build FNB Head Office at Parkside 130 Independence Avenue at the corner of Fidel Castro and Independence Avenue.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 70446P86
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- Walking tour so clients need to have comfortable attire (Hat,Sunglasses and Sandles/Shoes)
- Clients need to have mineral water. (Can be bought along the way or before the tour starts)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Which attractions will I visit with Windhoek CBD CITY Walking Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Windhoek CBD CITY Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Windhoek CBD CITY Walking Tour?
- Windhoek CBD CITY Walking Tour price starts from R 260,54. Discover and book Windhoek CBD CITY Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Windhoek CBD CITY Walking Tour cancellation policy?
- Windhoek CBD CITY Walking Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Windhoek CBD CITY Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Windhoek CBD CITY Walking Tour?
- Windhoek CBD CITY Walking Tour is hosted by Enrico's Tours and Safaris. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Enrico's Tours and Safaris on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Windhoek CBD CITY Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 70446P86
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atCramer’s Ice CreamGustav Voigts Centre (Street, Level Independence Ave, Windhoek, NamibiaMeeting Point is at Newly build FNB Head Office at Parkside 130 Independence Avenue at the corner of Fidel Castro and Independence Avenue.See address & details
- 1Gibeon MeteoritesStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2ChristuskircheStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Parliament GardensStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Independence MuseumStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Zoo ParkStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Enrico's Tours and Safaris
Joined in March 2018
- Johan P00Visiting Waterberg National ParkWe entered the Namibia Wildlife Park after paying entrance fee of R 100 pp and R 50 per vehicle. Our thinking was to transverse the Park with our vehicle looking for animals and birds, whilst enjoying nature. There were no roads in the Park! The paths to walk was heavily overgrown. The only delight was a nice swimming pool. The food at the restaurant was average.
- Escape6577928379600Amazing trip to Namibia with a weird anecdoteRecently, we travelled through Namibia with Ultimate Safaris, the trip was very well organized. We spent 17 days in a private tour visiting the most amazing parks and landscapes. Additionally, we stayed in amazing lodges such as The Fort, Okonjima. The highlights were Obdulia Ridge, a lodge in between the rocks, with exquisite attention and excellent food. Also the Andbeyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge, this is a must visit lodge with great views, food, attention and sightseeing. A must do trip before you die. Our private tour guide/driver, Peter Nuugonya, great knowledge and very experienced guide. The weird thing happen because Peter only looked at my wife when we talked, even if I asked a question he answered looking at her, weird isn’t it? However, don’t let this weird anecdote spoil a great trip
- osmanjonker1700Great Brand yet terrible servicei love his branding but really really exhausted,Enrico is not doing great, he took our money and some of the services included in price as he said, was not paid at all, so we had hard time trying to recover our money back with no success, i don't recommend taking Enrico's service.
- edwardn70200SCAM - PLEASE STAY AWAYWe took Enrico's Namibia's tour in September 2019 and it was a nightmare, he took all our money and STOPPED PAYING for our accomodations and meals on day 3. He left us alone with the driver and no tour guide and stopped answering our calls. WE HAD TO PAY FOR OUR OWN ACCOMODATION FOR TWO NIGHTS, AS WELL AS ALL THE MEALS AND ACTIVITIES WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDED. He simply booked everything, but didn't pay and we were forced to pay out of pocket if we wanted a bed for the night. Even some activities that were supposed to be included were paid out of our own pocket. When we called Enrico, he was never reachable and when he did respond, he repeatedly lied to us. He even said he would give us our money back upon return to Windhoek, which never happened. The driver stopped multiple times because Enrico did not send the payment for the gas, which kept us waiting for hours. Please stay away from Enrico's tours.
- lorenzopI8912VE00A real cheater - stay away from Enrico' SafariClarence Enrico Goastoeb appears as a crook. Simply. We even had to submit a criminal complaint to the Namibian Police and to the Tourist Officie, involving Diplomatic Authorities and discovering he has several other cases pending. We have booked a 11 days tours with some friends, all experienced travellers in Botzwana and Namibia. We have faced several serious problems since the beginning: to make a long story short different service (or no service at all) from what booked, total lack of comunication. The most serious experience was the following: we were abandoned in the middle of the Jungle and we had to find an emergency place, at our expences, to survive and to book a private plane to escape from that mess. For what we understood Mr. Enrico's policy seems to be simple: to play with the good faith of his suppliers and clients and, at the end, to try to not pay them/not give to them the service booked....keeping the clients'money in his pockets. Moreover Mr. Enrico hires, as guides, freelances in order to claim himself unresponsable for them and vice-versa. Therefore sometimes the suppliers abandon him and his clients. In our experiences Mr. Enrico just ignored the problems hoping that the clients will find a solution by theirselves and they will not prosecute him for relative small money. All his organization and way of doing business are based on that "philosofy". Stay away from him.
- Tvlbudd100Erindi beautiful but terrible organisation by Enricos tours and safaris and they didn't pay me backMy friend and I booked this trip in August 2019. We are both avid nature lovers and were looking forward to a lovely relaxing trip. The transfer from our accommodation was arranged for 9 am the morning of departure but by 9h45 nobody had yet arrived. We contacted the offices of Enricos, with much difficulty, and were advised that our driver should be there soon. Shortly after that our driver arrived. It became apparent very quickly that the driver was completely unaware of the nature of the trip as he was only expecting one client for a transfer and we were 2 clients for an overnight camping trip for which he was not prepared. There was only one sleeping bag which he realised only after half an hour so we had to turn around and head back to Windhoek to get a second sleeping bag. On stopping for fuel we realised that the very nice but unfortunately uninformed driver to whom our tour had been seconded was also unaware that the tour was self catering- we had no food, no utensils, no braai wood-you get the picture. We then had to spend another hour shopping for food and driving around trying to find a cooler bag and braai wood. Our driver was also unaware of what time our game drive was- which was included in the tour. Eventually we arrived at Erindi at around 3pm. The camp site was in order and lovely but the game drive had not been booked by Enricos tours and safari and the reception was unwilling to accept an EFT from Enricos. In order to enable us to go on the drive I paid the fee with my credit card with the understanding that Enricos would pay me back. Months and several e-mails later I have not seen that money. The sleeping bags supplied were very narrow and thin and neither of us slept much that night because it was so cold. Under different circumstances I'm sure I would have enjoyed Erindi very much but due to all the stressors and delays due to the lack of organisation surrounding our arrangements my experience has become one that I tell people as an example of everything that can go wrong on a trip.
- debokoh00DO NOT USE!!!I booked a 2D1N tour with Enrico to Etosha. Replies were prompt before payment. But problems started after payment was made. Unlike other reviews, I was lucky that my vehicle picked me up from the Guest House on time. But I eventually learnt that the “guide” was informed of this job 2 hours before pick up and that we have to go to a town to scout for a tent. To make things worse, the “guide” is actually a driver and is neither trained/ certified. He was only told to bring me to Etosha and not informed on the itinerary and arrangement. We managed to get a tent (lucky again) but it was of very poor quality. It rained that night. I have to pitch the tent with the driver (as he was not too well-versed with it) under the rain. But just 30 minutes in the tent, water sipped in. I spent the whole night totally drenched. And this is not all. No money was given for the driver’s food. I have to give him mine and buy him food and water. He will also eat whatever snacks I bought and smoke my cigarettes. Driver was also stressed out on the money he had left for gas, constantly worrying if we will be left stranded in the wild. He was constantly on the phone, talking to Clarence from Etosha, asking for money to be transferred. And we have to stop a few times at the bank for the driver to get money. On Day 2, after the wet night, driver told Clarence I was not too pleased. He assured him that he will call me to understand the situation. It has been more than a week, but no apologies no explanation. So here I am, trying to warn all tourists that Enrico Tour is not trustworthy. Despite tour booked 2 months prior, things remained disorganized. Boycott Enrico. There are better tour agencies around.
- AdamD223900Enrico’s Tours: totally untrustworthy and unreliable.A total fraud. Don’t even consider. Here’s what happened: about 3 weeks before going to Namibia I book online for a carnivore feeding and a game ranch visit for myself and a friend. The day of the tours...we finally get picked up from our hotel 40 minutes late only to arrive at the Carnivore Feeding to be told that despite me having made payment to Enrico Tours, the company never paid the carnivore feeding for our visit and due to them having so much outstanding debt at the feeding ranch, I had to pay for the visit. In the afternoon we arrive to the game tour reserve and same thing...we had to pay because Enrico’s failed to advance the money. It’s now been over a month and I still have yet to be reimbursed by Enrico. Stay far away from this company. It’s toxic and untrustworthy.
- davenmolly00Use Someone ElseWe paid in advance for our 10 day tour in Namibia in October. Yet, hotel reservations were made for us for only 4 nights. Each day our guide had to wait for a cash transfer or stop at an ATM to get cash to pay for our hotel. After a 6 hour drive we were made to wait 3 hours while the guide waited for cash to be deposited to his account to pay for our hotel. On a phone call we were directly told by Clarence Goagoseb, Touring Planning & Operations Manager of Enrico’s, that our guide had sufficient cash to pay the remaining hotel reservations. Notwithstanding, 2 days later the hotel had to call Enrico’s office and demand payment; this was after we arrived and there was no reservation for us and our guide did not have sufficient cash; this hotel has Enrico’s on a blacklist. A complaint has been filed with the Namibia Tourism Board. Bottom line: do not, repeat DO NOT, trust these guys with your money. David and Molly Anderson Davis, California
- ASCENSAOL00Horrible experience. Don't book with them.The worst experience ever!!! They are taking money from people and not delivering the service paid for. DON'T BOOK WITH THEM. WE HAVE TO CALL THE POLICE to have at least some experience... After 2days late and a car broken in the highway. The lodges will not let us enter without the payment in advance. The tents are not in good conditions and have holes to. We lost money and 2 days holidays waiting for a service we have paid for and nobody will appear. This guy is fraudulent, completely a desaponting, the poor guide have to bee calling every day millions of times to get some money to pay gasoline and lodges for us... We did not want anything special or that we haven't paid for, only what we paid almost 3 monts in advance. This guy is a not telling the truth, they don't even have an office where you can go to complain about or demand your money back, and if you book, after reading this, with them they probably will not show up at the time agreed and confirmed, probably more than one day after delayed and only if you call the police, we will put you very upset and stressed feeling robed, we lost a lot of time and money to from a lifetime dream has been a lifetime nightmare. For more clarifications please contact me, me and my boyfriend we do not want nobody to experience any of the problems we have been tru. Enrico and Clarence are the same person, they never take the phones unless they want money from you! This is only a scam to get money, if you are not taf enough this guy will walk away with your money. Namibia is beautiful the animals to come and visit, but not with this scamm company.
- Claudia F00INAFFIFABILE - UNRELIABLEINAFFIDABILI, nessuna conoscenza del territorio, nessuna prenotazione. Un danno economico di 500 euro, anticipati da noi e mai restituiti. Unreliable, no local knowledge, no reservations. An economic damage of 500 euros which we lent the driver and weren't refunded.
- cherylmCornwalluk00Good safari but poor communicationOur 3 day safari didn’t start well as we were picked up 2 hours late, with no real reason why there was the delay. I wish they had kept us informed as to why they were late. However, once we were collected, our driver, Micah, could not do enough for us and we had an amazing experience in Etosha. We were upgraded to a very nice lodge because of the delay, which we did appreciate. So Enricos Tours, keep your customers informed as to what is going on!
- Giorgio M00Totally unreliable!We did a 16-days tour of Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe. The nature and landscapes were wonderful, but Enrico's Tour did everything possible to spoil our trip! They are totally UNRELIABLE (and they also stole some money from us). During the first part in Nambia we had already understood that something wasn't right: the campsites and lodges were never booked and our guide had to "invent" different solutions ever day. But since he was a very clever man, he was always able to find solutions. Then we changed guide to go to Botswana, and this new one admitted he DIDN'T KNOW where we were going. Not only the campsites and the lodges were again never booked, but the road we should have taken simply did not exist! The driver had to change route and instead of going through the Okavango Delta (because there was NO road there) we followed the Caprivi Strip and arrived in Kasane. There, again, the lodge was not booked, but we found a solution (WE, not the guide who didn't know what to do). When we arrived in Zimbabwe we discovered that the car didn't have the documents and we had to pay a fine of 1oo dollars. Later on, for the same reason, our driver was arrested by the local police, until we bribed them and paid another 100 dollars (and nobody gave this 200 dollars back to us)! Then according to our tour we should have travelled from Victoria Falls to Okavango in one day, but local people advised us that it was simply impossible! So, again WE changed our route and stopped again in Kasane. The day after we took the very difficult road through the Chobe Park and, again, our driver didn't know where he was going and we needed other people's help to find our way. We were lucky enough to arrive in Khwai (Okavango). There, however, nothing was booked again, and we had to pay 300 euros for one single night in the only available place (which Enrico's Tours refused to pay, but there was no other place to go) The following days were similar... So, please, choose another agency!
- Tour29315300scammer and liar, please do not book with EnricoWe hired the trip with a guide in Spanish, when we arrived there was no guide in Spanish, he promised us that it would take 2 days and it took 7 to get one. Enrico didn't give the guide money for gas or food and we had to advance it without getting a refund. Enrico made reservations at the hotels or activities that he did not pay later, and if you wanted to continue with the tour you had to pay again. Enrico promised to reimburse me for my money that never came, says it makes transfers and is a lie. Do not book with Enrico, it is not professional and it will ruin your holidays !!
- Dennis G00Do not use!I booked a 7 day tour with Enrico safari two months in advance, and emailed him a few days before arriving to ensure that everything was organized, which he confirmed. However, the service level and organization of this company turned out to be far from professional or satisfactory. Here is a long list of reasons: - My tour was supposed to start with an airport pick-up from where we would go straight to Etosha NP, but there was no one to meet me at the airport. Only through the help of a random friendly taxi driver did I manage to get a hold of Enrico. After two hours someone finally arrived, but this was not the guide/driver who was originally meant to do the tour. That guide had not shown up as it turned out - my new guide informed me. We ended up leaving with a 3-hour delay out of Windhoek as the new guide had to drive around and arrange different private things before leaving. - Whereas the other guides waiting for their clients at the airport were well dressed wearing uniforms with the company logos, my guide was shabbily dressed in dirty clothes and flip flops. - As a result of the delay in leaving from Windhoek we arrived very late in Etosha and I did not get the afternoon game drive that I had paid for. No apology or compensation offered! - The guide did not know the itinerary of my tour and did not have it either on his phone or on paper, so basically he did not know what I was doing, where I was staying, etc. And Enrico did nothing to ensure that he did. Even on day 3 of the tour the guide was unsure about what was happening after having been on the phone with Enrico several times. - All trough this it was very difficult to get a hold of Enrico, who had claimed to the guide that I had not given him the flight information even though I have an email saying “thank you for providing the information”. He also repeatedly kept saying he would call to sort things out with me, but he never did. - When arriving at the lodge in Etosha on the first night I found out that the booking was wrong as only two nights had been booked, but according to the itinerary I was staying for 3. Enrico said he would fix it Friday night, but it did not get fixed until Sunday afternoon. And I had to go to a different accommodation. - On the second day we went on a game drive in the park, but when it came to paying the park fees the guide didn’t have any money to pay as there was no money on the company card. (Enrico later claimed that there were problems with the card, but if you read other reviews here, this is apparently not the first time that has happened). After waiting for over 2 hours at the park office, and the park was closing we paid the park fees ourselves even though they had already been paid for as part of the payment for the tour. We would not have been able to leave the park otherwise and would have had nowhere to stay. During those more than two hours we tried to call Enrico repeatedly, but he did not answer. In the evening we finally spoke to him. He was extremely rude and could not see any problem and denied the problems. He said he would call us back later but never did. - On the third day the guide was changed to another guide without any notice. On the same day we were stopped by the police and rangers in the National park. The guide did not have the required documents to prove that he was a guide, so was not actually allowed to drive in the park with me. The police let him continue with a warning. - The guides/drivers of other companies would use part of the lunch breaks in the park to refuel and clean the car in order to maximize the clients’ time, whereas my guide would get me in the car and then spend 15 min refueling and cleaning the car. - All the other companies used appropriate safari vehicles, whereas Enrico used a normal car used for normal roads. During the two days I was there not once did I see any company or private visitors to the park use such a car. The car was not appropriate for safaris and at the end of the day both back tires were flat. - A lot of the information in the itinerary was wrong. E.g. it said that the drive from Etosha to Sawkopmund was 3 hours, but it was 6 1/2 hours. The pictures and description (“perched on a hill with expansive views”) used were not from Etosha Safari Lodge, but from a more expensive lodge. - On day 4 I spoke to Enrico on the phone as the guide was trying to get money to pay for activities, petrol and accommodation, but Enrico kept not transferring enough money even though the guide pushed for it. Enrico practices a system where the guide has a company card, onto which he transfers money for the next thing - next meal, next accommodation, next activity. But sometimes the card doesn’t work and often there isn’t enough money on the card to e.g. fill up the petrol. Enrico was extremely rude to me over the phone, yelled, lied, talked over me, refused to listen to anything I said and was very arrogant. I have never by any of the tour companies I have used in any of the 60 countries I have visited been spoken to so rudely and been treated so unprofessionally. - On day 5 when my activities had been moved to (according to the itinerary they were supposed to have been on day 4) I arranged with the guide to be picked up at 9, so that I could be at the activity center for 10. At 9.40 when he still hadn’t arrived, I called him, and he said that he was at the garage to have the tires fixed, which got broken in Etosha 2 days prior. He showed up at 10.15! - On day 5 the car had to be changed as it was not appropriate for driving in the desert in Sesriem, and an appropriate car was to be driven from Windhoek. The day before Enrico had said on the phone that the car would be ready at 11.00. At 13.45 when I had finished my activity there was still no car, and Enrico now informs the guide over the phone that the car was in service. Again no apology or compensation. - We set off for Sesriem in the car that was not appropriate for the desert and after driving for 10 min the car would not run. As I found out 15 min later, the guide had not put any petrol on the car. So we simply ran out of petrol in the middle of the road in swakopmund. At this point I decided to terminate the tour, as I did not feel safe in the car or with the guide or the company. In sum, the tour was a complete mess organisationwise from beginning to the point when I’d had enough. This caused a lot of stress, hassle and a feeling of not feeling safe. Constantly having to worry about whether the guide could pay for petrol the next time, or whether the next thing on the itinerary had been booked or not, is not exactly something that makes a holiday enjoyable or relaxing. Throughout the duration of the tour Enrico acted both rudely and highly unprofessionally. E.g. shouting on the phone, not listening, not acknowledging that anything was wrong (judge yourself by the points listed above), not answering or returning calls, despite making many promises to do so. In spite of all the disorganization, no apologies or compensation were offered. On the contrary Enrico accused me of looking for things to criticize (judge for yourself by the points above - and reviews listing the exact same problems). I completely recognize the descriptions in the bad reviews that many other travelers on here have written and there is definitely a pattern of the same things happening repeatedly. So if you value your holiday, time and money, do not use Enrico! I met many professional companies along the way in Namibia - use them instead!