View all photos (188)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The Great Barrier Reef is one of the best places in the world for snorkeling and scuba diving. On this tour, set sail for the remote outer reefs and its renowned dive sites, and increase your chances of spotting rare marine life by stopping at three different spots. Opt for a guided or self-guided snorkeling excursion, try an introductory scuba dive, or enjoy a thrilling dive for certified divers only.
- Visit three snorkel/dive sites along the Agincourt, Opal, and Tongue Reefs
- Incredible marine life: reef sharks, sea turtles, parrotfish, clown fish…
- Tour for all abilities: snorkelers, first-time divers, and certified divers
- Hassle-free and great value: hotel pickup, lunch, and two teas included
What to Expect
Your tour begins with pickup from your hotel in Port Douglas and a short transfer to the marina. Set sail for the Outer Reefs aboard a custom-built, snorkel-only vessel that allows you access to the remote outer reefs, including Agincourt, Opal, and Tongue Reefs. As you arrive at the first site, the crew goes through basic snorkeling techniques and helps you get suited up for your first snorkel or dive. Depending on your experience level and the tour option chosen, either enjoy swimming and snorkeling around the reef; join an introductory dive in a small group of up to four, accompanied by a PADI-certified dive instructor; or take part in a certified dive in a small group of up to seven, accompanied by a PADI-certified divemaster. Back onboard, have a tasty morning tea as you cruise to the second destination. Here, enjoy a second dive, take part in a guided snorkeling excursion, or enjoy swimming and snorkeling at your leisure. After working up an appetite in the water, refuel with a buffet lunch onboard before setting out for the third and final site of the day. After a full day at sea, enjoy afternoon tea as you take in your last views of the Great Barrier Reef en route back to Port Douglas. On arrival at the cruise port, a driver takes you back to your hotel.
44 Wharf St, Port Douglas QLD 4877, Australia
Returns to original departure point
- Afternoon tea
- Buffet lunch
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Guided snorkel tour
- Interpretive reef talk
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Environmental Management Charge (AUD$6.50). Please note: amount increases to $7 on 1st April 2020
- Transfers from Cairns & Northern Beaches
- Soft drinks / chocolate bars
- Photos (if available)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 per person is payable on day of travel. It is not included in amount paid to Trip Advisor Experiences. Please note, this amount increases to $7 on 1st April 2020. Any bookings made for travel after 1st April 2020, EMC will be included in price.
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Additional dives may be booked and paid for on board (subject to availability). Maximum of three dives in a day.
- Children under the age of 12 years are not permitted to dive.
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If its raining on your day of travel, the tour will still go ahead. If Calypso cancels due to poor weather, mainly high winds, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Cancellation fees may apply if less than 24 hours notice is given prior to departure
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 85 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Having been using Calypso for many years and each time they continue to offer a great experience. Can not recommend them more highly once again had a great time.
Date of experience: March 2020
We really enjoyed our day with Calypso. The staff were competent and calm. Everything seemed to happened without a fuss- handing out equipment, checking off names, preparing and packing up food etc. Dan was a stand out staff member as he was so cheerful, friendly and helpful.…
had a great day out diving at the Great Barrier Reef with Calypso. Guided dives with Pamela, who is a great and fun person to be with and made me feel safe and looked after from the get go. We ended up with a girls only group! Food was plenty and good, all staff professional…
Date of experience: March 2020
For experienced snorkelers it’s a great location and a decent enough half day trip. It’s overpriced for what they offer though, and the team are quite hands off when it comes to inexperienced snorkelers or families with younger children. My husband and I are both comfortable…
Date of experience: February 2020
Great Diving Experience Over-All The only issue was even though we booked on-line well in advance, the tour operators did not have out names on their list on the day of the tour. The buffet lunch provided was also not very tasty. It was all cold chilled meat, bread and…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Calypso Reef Cruises
Amazing Staff, Clean Boat, with Reef Education. Highly Recommend this Full Day Cruise.
One of, if not the best excursions I've done. If you travel all the way to see the reef - do the day long trip. It'…
Really great company
Great trip, excellent accommodation of medical issues / physical limitations as one of our group got very tired sn…
Amazing day at Low Isles
Thank you to Ricky, Taylor and Davina for a awesome half day out at Low Isles. I was with two friends (one of which…
Calypso Had A Bad Day
The snorkelling on reef, boat and crew were all good. Issue was around finding out at lunch time their fuse for fri…
My husband and I had a great half day trip to the Low Isles with our 23 month old daughter. Thanks to Ricky and the…
THE BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!! I can’t recommend this company enough and in particular our crew Davina, Taylor and Rick…
Amazing time snorkelling at the Low Isles
I have done lots of scuba diving at the GBR, as well as snorkel day trips to the outer reef, however I have to say …
Great morning on the reef!
This was the perfect activity for our family holiday with the team from Calypso cruises. We had an awesome time, wi…
One of the Best Days of my life at Opel Reef
This company deserves their reputation as one of the best tour operators at the reef. They run these tours like a w…
Low Isles morning cruise
Had an amazing cruise with Ricky, Katie and Geoff, well organized, great education and fun, friendly team who took …
Well organised tour
We attended a half day reef snorkel trip to the Low Isles. Staff were very professional, knowledgeable, and well or…
Outer Reef Tour (3 reefs)
We did the outer reef tour and had a wonderful day. Staff were all knowledgeable and helpful. We went to 3 very di…
This tour cannot be beat.
We went out to the reef, we had good instruction, were provided necessary gear and permitted 3 opportunities to sno…
Great day out!
We experienced a fantastic tour with Calypso. They took us to three stops around the Great Barrier Reef. During o…
My husband and I did the half day morning snorkel with calypso cruises and it far exceeded all of our expectations!…
- Calypso Reef Cruises, Agincourt Reef, and 1 more
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071