Colosseum Guided Tour with 3D Virtual Reality Experience (Official Product)
Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (15)
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price Guarantee
You'll start at
Arch of Constantine
Via di San Gregorio, 00186 Roma RM, ItalyThe Arch of Constantine (side of the Colosseum), You will meet our assistant that will have a sign/flag with "Colosseum Virtual Reality, Ancient and Recent" on it.
See address & details
- 1Arco di CostantinoStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 2Palatine HillStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Roman ForumStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4ColosseumStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
You'll end at
Via della Salara Vecchia, 5/6, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
See address & details
Arch of Constantine, Via di San Gregorio, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Roman Forum, Via della Salara Vecchia, 5/6, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
- English-speaking assistant for the virtual experience
- Oculus 3D headset (virtual reality experience of the Colosseum)
- Audioguide integrated in the 3D Oculus headset (EN/ESP/FR/IT/PT/DE)
- Skip-the-line entry ticket for the Colosseum
- Guided tour of the Colosseum (EN)
- Access to Palatine Hill/Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Access to the Underground, Arena Floor and the Third Order (Colosseum)
- Food and Beverages
- Pick-up/Drop-off service
- Luggage storage
- Guided tour of Palatine Hill/Roman Forum
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- MEETING POINT: Arch of Costantine, side of the Colosseum. You will meet our staff that will hold a big black flag saying "Ancient and Recent - Virtual Reality Tour - Meeting point" on it.
- You are required to show up at the meeting point 15 MINUTES PRIOR to the arranged time of departure.
- This option provides you virtual reality experience of the Colosseum, guided tour of the Colosseum with fast entrance and access to Palatine Hill/Roman Forum. THERE IS NO GUIDED TOUR OF PALATINE HILL/ROMAN FORUM. After the guided tour of the Colosseum, you will be escorted at the entrance of the Palatine Hill/Roman Forum, where you can visit both sites by yourself.
- The virtual reality experience has a specific departure time: if you arrive late for the meeting point, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per no-show rules, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- It is not possible to bring inside the Colosseum any kind of 3D device: for this reason, the virtual experience takes place outside the monument before entering.
- The Colosseum requires mandatory entry procedures (show children/under 18 to the staff, voucher exchange) and mandatory security check that must be carried out even by the skip-the-line ticket holders. This could require to wait a little more before entering the monument, as this part cannot be skipped.
- The Colosseum’s capacity regulations (no more than 3000 people inside at the same time) may delay the tour departure. This could also influence the smooth running of the tour especially on national holidays, weekends and during high season. So, even the skip-the-line queue may be not as fast as usual.ot responsible for any inconvenience caused by the closure of the Colosseum and Roman Forum due to strikes, bad weather etc.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children/under 18 must be accompanied by an adult and must carry passports or a valid identity document, because the Colosseum staff may ask to check them at the entrance.
- The Colosseum area is an open archaeological park and for this reason is not equipped with sun/rain covers and shops. The local operator is not responsible for any kind of discomfort due to this.
- Please wear comfortable shoes and bring your own bottle of water (no glass bottles/no alcohol).
- The local operator is not responsible for any inconvenience caused by the closure of the Colosseum/Palatine Hill/Roman Forum due to strikes, events, bad weather, etc.
- It is strictly forbidden to enter the Colosseum and Palatine Hill/Roman Forum with backpacks, handbags and luggage. Please be aware that there is no luggage storage and that we cannot keep your stuff.
- It is strictly forbidden to enter the Colosseum with knives and any kind of cutting object. Pay attention not to bring with you this kind of stuff.
- Tours operate regardless of the weather conditions.
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
I really enjoyed the vr and the colosseum, the staff was very friendly and available, i highly recommend it.
Response from ancientandrecent, Public Relations Manager at Colosseum Guided Tour with 3D Virtual Reality Experience (Official Product)
Responded 26 Nov 2019
Dear guest, Thank you for the five-star review! We’re happy to know that you enjoyed the virtual reality tour, which shows you how was the Colosseum at the time, and that you found our staff friendly and available. We always try to do our best so as to leave happier memories to our guests. Best Regards A&R
We were a little disappointed by the vr experience. The graphics were outdated and we literally stood out front of the colloseum in a small group with the goggles on. We were starting to think we weren't going on an actual tour. The information was reading narrated paragraphs in…
Date of experience: September 2019
Tour really suggested. The VR help you to understand exactly where you are standing, and bring back alive stones that otherwise cannot show them magnificence so well
Date of experience: February 2019
We met Christina at the meeting point and she greeted us with a great smile. From that moment on she really made sure that we had the best experience possible. The VR googles were fun, it felt like we were playing a video game. The tour was great..our guide had a lot of…
Date of experience: August 2018
So glad I booked this tour. It was a baking hot day in Rome. Both guides were very friendly and passionate about Rome and the Colosseum. Good English too. I booked this tour for our boys 11 & 13 yrs but my husband and I loved the virtual reality aspect just as much as them.…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Ancient & Recent
I did the night tour, which I don't regret because it was very cool but I want to go back again during the day beca…
Easy to buy, easy to use, excellent value.
Bought online a couple of days prior to our visit, with the ticket on the mobile. Make sure you take Id for concess…
They do what they advertise. Who doesn't like to skip queues!?
We went during late Feb (corona virus time) so the meeting place wasn't too crowded. It was a small flag that they …
Don’t bother with skip the queue tickets
Skip the queue tickets for the colosseum are a waste of money. I paid €69 for two people and we were given our tick…
Well worth the money
We didn't get off to the best of starts: I had problems finding the contact person who was standing holding the Wor…
Colosseum, Roman forum,Palatine hill skip the line.
Brilliant company, very approachable and friendly. Called us to make sure we knew where to meet them. Gave us loads…
Skip the Line
Pretty good in general. Flag will pop up.at meeting point about 10 mins before you depart which isn't particularly …
We really enjoyed every minute of this!! We were worried about having two teenagers who need feeding every half an …
In the end we had a guide in a group of 4 - a very good number. Because it's such an extraordinarily important and …
I took the tour at 10am. When I left at the line was insanely long! Our waiting time to get in and through securi…
skip the line is essential, recommend to avoid the crowd. palatine hill is amazing, much better than colliseo
Brilliant Tour. Easy to find and easy access to the Colosseo. You are left to look around on your own which we defi…
Stephanie and her colleague were professional guides and well informed about Roman history Absolutely worth Gives…
Excellent historical location
Excellent location to give history of Rome and the people living there at the time. Well worth the visit!
The colosseum was an amazing experience. I’ve always wanted to visit the colosseum and it did not disappoint. The s…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 171 travellers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 219 518 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 15 525 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 18 756 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 219 518 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 36 903 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Colosseum Guided Tour with 3D Virtual Reality Experience (Official Product)
Which attractions will I visit with Colosseum Guided Tour with 3D Virtual Reality Experience (Official Product)?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Colosseum Guided Tour with 3D Virtual Reality Experience (Official Product) on Tripadvisor
How much is Colosseum Guided Tour with 3D Virtual Reality Experience (Official Product)?
Colosseum Guided Tour with 3D Virtual Reality Experience (Official Product) price starts from US$67,96. Discover and book Colosseum Guided Tour with 3D Virtual Reality Experience (Official Product) on Tripadvisor
What is the Colosseum Guided Tour with 3D Virtual Reality Experience (Official Product) cancellation policy?
Colosseum Guided Tour with 3D Virtual Reality Experience (Official Product) cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Colosseum Guided Tour with 3D Virtual Reality Experience (Official Product) on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Colosseum Guided Tour with 3D Virtual Reality Experience (Official Product)?
Colosseum Guided Tour with 3D Virtual Reality Experience (Official Product) is hosted by Ancient & Recent. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Ancient & Recent on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Colosseum Guided Tour with 3D Virtual Reality Experience (Official Product) on Tripadvisor