Giverny and Versailles are less than a 1 hour drive west of Paris, so combining them both into one day trip is easy and relaxed. This tour starts with the calm and almost other worldly beauty of Claude Monet’s Home and Gardens in Giverny. Learn about the famous Impressionist artist and then enjoy free time to explore inside his vibrantly colored home, stroll along the charming paths of his flower garden, and admire the water garden with the little green bridge and lake full of his famous water lilies.
In the afternoon the guide will share the scandals surrounding the French Revolution and Marie-Antoinette during your visit to the Royal Domain of Versailles. You’ll enjoy Skip-the-line access into the Palace itself and have free time to explore inside with an audio-guide. Visit the Royal Apartments, the stunning Hall of Mirrors.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TOUR :
- See two of the most iconic estates in French History: Versailles is unrivalled for its noble history and extravagance and Giverny for its flowering beauty that inspired so many of Claude Monet’s paintings!
- Skip-The-Line access into the Palace of Versailles: For regular visitors the line outside of the Palace can stretch for hours. With our special reservations you’ll only have a few minutes to wait before you are able to explore inside the Palace.
- Skip-the-Line access into Monet’s Gardens: Thanks to our special arrangement with the estate management you’ll never have to wait in line to access the lovely gardens of Monet.
- The French Gardens of Versailles: Visiting these perfectly manicured gardens full of flowers, fountains, hedged mazes, and statues will charm you.
- Monet’s Home: Visit the home where this leader in the Impressionist movement lived for the last 40 years of his life.
- The Flower Garden: Planted with more than 100 different types of flowers which bloom and are pruned for different seasons this garden is breathtakingly beautiful at all times of the year.
- The Water Garden: This is where Monet spent most of his time painting the ever changing aspects of the waterlilies in his pond.
- The Japanese Bridge: See the famous little green bridge crossing his pond with your own eyes.
- Monet’s Gravesite: Pay your respects at the humble grave of this great man.
- Learn about French History from an enthusiastic guide: Being experts in their researched fields of history and very passionate story tellers makes our guides true assets to each tour we provide!
- A truly small group tour: You will be in a group with no more than 8 people and your guide! So individual attention and quality time with your guide are guaranteed.
- Comfortable A/C Van: Enjoy your ride to and from Versailles in a brand new, impeccably clean van with leather seats and big clear windows.